Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

F22B into 95 Civic DX Coupe

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2004, 07:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default F22B into 95 Civic DX Coupe

Ummm... Sorry.. I am a noooooob! I feel as though I just lost in a wrestling match with a 85 Lbs. anarexic girl... I just learned how to SEARCH!!! Firg! So I have answered my stupid question. Sorry to everyone for slapping out a re-post on my first topic! What a jerk I turned out to be. Anyway, don't even read this, unless you would like to send me some step by step instructions on everything I will need to do and all the tools/parts/etc. I will need to do this. I found step-by-step inst. on an OBD2 f22 into a OBD1 civic, but not on the OBD1 into OBD1. That would be helpful. Anyway, like I said. I SUCK. So.... um.... sorry again to waste your time.

Hello all you incredibly intelligent people! I am about to do a swap in my 95 Coupe and was going to go with the H22a... However due to some financial issues, I am seriously considering using a SOHC VTEC F22B instead. I already have mounts (Hasport) for h22/h23/f20 into 92-95 civic. (which mount kit is best/easiest?)

Anyway I figure if I go with an F22 for now, then a few years of saving, I can easily swap in an H22/H23. So my question is... How do I do this? LOL. I know the majority (maybe all) of this swap is the same as the H22 but just want to verify that. I will be getting OBD1, and I am going to attempt to do the swap myself, to save $1500.00 in labor... Woot! However I have never done anything like this before. Any tips, or complete swap info that you can give me would be AWESOME!!! I am mechanically minded and I am up for the task no matter what it takes I just feel that I should be educated a little first. I've heard that the H22 has to be installed from underneath the car... (t/f?) if so, is the F22 the same? or will it fit through the top? Seriously I pretty much need to know everything. I am not claiming to know anything at all about what I am about to do. Hahahaha. Please direct all ridicule and haughty gibblings to someone other than myself.

...Does anyone know if I will be able to keep my AC if I do this swap? (how much modification is involved if so.) I live in Texas... I can't live without AC here. I will die. lol. Seriously...

Modified by withinoz at 10:53 AM 9/28/2004