Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Exhaust resonator modding

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2005, 05:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exhaust resonator modding

i recently welded on a bullshit muffler (like a arospeed knockoff) and my car sounds QUITER then stock! all i can hear is my intake. I dont want to spend any money until i get my swap done so ive been searching and asking is there anyway to get a better sound. Dont give me any crap about ricerness...im young i like noise a friend of mine said to remove the resonator for a louder but non-ricer sounding humm will this help? also is it possible to drill holes in the resonator instead of having to cut and weld piping? Thanx by the way its a 92 vx hatch
Old 11-13-2005, 06:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Exhaust resonator modding (BubbleBoyB16)

Cut a big hole in the muffler..Damn ricer..
Old 11-13-2005, 06:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Exhaust resonator modding (Mr.speaker)

u jealous old guys seriously need to make up a new word cuz ricers gettin old...sorry that im 17 workin at a ****** grocery store and have a car that in 2 weeks will be just as fast or faster then your hunk of **** in your pic...to the rest of level headed helpful H-T members any answers to my post? thanx
Old 11-13-2005, 06:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Yo,,when I first got a 88 civic hatch 2 years ago I was 16 and the very first thing I did was unbolt the muffler and ride around rev it out in 2nd gear and I gapped the spark plugs so they would pop..But after a while I was like What the f*** am I doin??..All I did was attract attention from theives and cops,,and get laughed at by people with real hondas..
Old 11-13-2005, 06:40 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BubbleBoyB16 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">u jealous old guys seriously need to make up a new word cuz ricers gettin old...sorry that im 17 workin at a ****** grocery store and have a car that in 2 weeks will be just as fast or faster then your hunk of **** in your pic...to the rest of level headed helpful H-T members any answers to my post? thanx</TD></TR></TABLE>

you're an idiot, even for a 17 year old, thats no way to score points around here. nobody here is jealous of you. trust me. but we might be after your car is so fast with maad VTAC YO. nobody is going to help you make your car louder "cuz its cool"
Old 11-13-2005, 06:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Exhaust resonator modding (littlegreenb18)

Wait a sec..Why are you talkin trash about the car in my avatar..For your info it has a 3rotor rotary motor,ta45 turbo,custom 3spd auto and ford 9" rear..9 sec car and Im not rich either..Stupid kids like you make all of us look bad..
Old 11-13-2005, 06:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Exhaust resonator modding (littlegreenb18)

oh gee guys thanks....ill make sure my car that ive spent countless hours on and money on stays quiet and adverege so it can be the way YOU want it to be....GOD dont you people get it? im YOUNG IGNORANT and HARDHEADED if i want my car loud i want my car loud none of you know me and most likely never will meet me so you wont have to deal with me buzzing around town for two weeks...do yourselfs a favor and dont waste your golden years responding to a post that you dont want to help in. thanks
Old 11-13-2005, 06:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Mr.speaker &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Wait a sec..Why are you talkin trash about the car in my avatar..For your info it has a 3rotor rotary motor,ta45 turbo,custom 3spd auto and ford 9" rear..9 sec car and Im not rich either..Stupid kids like you make all of us look bad..</TD></TR></TABLE> haha when i first read u reply i thought it said 92 and i was like holy **** i didnt realize they were like that in 92 lol and hey f*cking awesome car

the the thread starter, don't do anything of the sort, leave it like it is until you get your swap and then think of gettin a full cat back after market exhaust
Old 11-13-2005, 06:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Exhaust resonator modding (silver_flash99)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by silver_flash99 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> haha when i first read u reply i thought it said 92 and i was like holy **** i didnt realize they were like that in 92 lol and hey f*cking awesome car

the the thread starter, don't do anything of the sort, leave it like it is until you get your swap and then think of gettin a full cat back after market exhaust </TD></TR></TABLE>

Nah..An 82..You cant find them at all,anywhere..
Old 11-13-2005, 06:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Mr.speaker &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Nah..An 82..You cant find them at all,anywhere..</TD></TR></TABLE>
i know thats why i was i first thought it said 92, i've never seen an 82!!!! kudos for originality man
Old 11-13-2005, 06:54 AM

do you not realize how much of a moron you sound like? nobody is going to help you look like an idiot. because that reflects on us. and Honda drivers already have a bad rep because of dumb kids like you. then you made yourself look like an even bigger idiot by talkin **** about that guys car which you knew nothing about. your car is going to be slower than 90% of the cars on here, so don't even start with that. do yourself a favor and shut up before you make yourself look even more stupid
Old 11-13-2005, 06:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Exhaust resonator modding (silver_flash99)

yea i dont think its worth the time ill probly just wait it out but i just cant stand the sound of my intakes throat....and i never said the car in that guys pic wasn't fast i just called it a hunk lol thanx guys no "cyberbeef" but yea im just sick of kids asking questions and getting harrassed by "ricer this ricer that" if any one does know a answer to the post, please let me know if not doesnt matter ill find something else i dont like my car 2 change thanks
Old 11-13-2005, 07:07 AM

y0, does your muffler have mad silencer on it, if not just totally take ur muffler off and straight pipe that sheezy, then u have nothing to muffle that deep MAD VTAK YO! That way when ur cruizin the ny ceezy on da double lane reezy next to p diddy you can mad vtak his lambofeezy fa sheezy my weezy
Old 11-13-2005, 08:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Exhaust resonator modding (homestarrunner96)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by homestarrunner96 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">y0, does your muffler have mad silencer on it, if not just totally take ur muffler off and straight pipe that sheezy, then u have nothing to muffle that deep MAD VTAK YO! That way when ur cruizin the ny ceezy on da double lane reezy next to p diddy you can mad vtak his lambofeezy fa sheezy my weezy </TD></TR></TABLE>

type white e thug
Old 11-13-2005, 08:50 AM

Default Re: Exhaust resonator modding (tuck'd98)

sorry i just had to get that out of my system, so many ppl talkin that way now adays.

i did try to make a helpful tip though, do you have a silencer on the muffler, my friend had a 94 lx and he put a cheap 30 dollar muffler on and it was loud and crackly as hell. like from what i've seen on a lot of crx's just get a muffler and piping so big that it no longer muffles. u coudl always just remove the muffler completely and get some adaptors and clamps and put a piece of straight pipe on and put a cheap tip on the end of that to give it some bling.
Old 11-13-2005, 09:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Exhaust resonator modding (homestarrunner96)

you could always run open header
Old 11-13-2005, 10:16 AM

or you could get a gun and end your sad little life early..
Old 11-13-2005, 10:29 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: (johnecon2001)

Take of your muffer...end of story.
Old 11-13-2005, 11:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (AnToNy)

buy a after market header remove your cat remove you res.
Old 11-13-2005, 11:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (tuck'd98)

http://home.comcast.net/~ken-c...2.avi
heres a clip of what itll basically sound like
to each their own
Old 11-13-2005, 01:07 PM
* B A N N E D *

removing a resonator will make your car sound like rice.

you have a single cam 1.6l honda engine, what do you want it to sound like, i bet no matter what you do it'll sound like a 1.6l single cam honda engine

edit:
you have a VX? your car has like 106 hp, so 70 at the wheels with the mileage you surely have. now what are you trying to accomplish here? are you trying to SNEAK into the 18s or something?
(i have a 92 vx too, just get a dual cam if you want it to sound good, i know you're young but that doesnt mean old people are jelous of you)

yea
Old 11-13-2005, 02:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (EGmikeH22)

if you would have read the thread start to finish and in between you would know he has a b16a he is putting in the next couple weeks or so and he wants his car to have the honda rasp for a few short weaks

reading&gt;you
Old 11-13-2005, 04:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (tuck'd98)

yea man thanx 4 the help guys but yea i think ill just end up waiting it out because i looked today andi dont think the resonator is even on the car all i see is the cat. i think the car jus cant sound good lol but yea ill have the engine and bolt on's in in the next week or so i get paid next sunday so like tuesday wed. ill post sum pics... thanks 4 the help any more suggestions please post....

BTW: nope no silencer on the muffler but damn this thing is way quieter then my stock vx muffler

BTW: i have a d15 (1.5L) not a d16 (1.6)
Old 11-14-2005, 03:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (BubbleBoyB16)

i was actually looking for a quiet muffler and was willing to buy ur quieter than stock muffler for 5 bucks. but since u started talking ignorance, i don't feel i can trust you with any transactions ( assuming u were to sell).
Old 11-14-2005, 04:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

bubbleboy, which muffler did you get? where did you get it from? how much did you pay for it?

Quick Reply: Exhaust resonator modding