Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Exhaust Question

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2006, 03:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exhaust Question

I have a question. I have a 92 Honda Civic Si Hatchback, and i have a custom exhaust that is routed towards the left, instead of sitting and pointing straight back on the right.

I was leaving town the other day and we noticed that the metal arm that holds the end of the head (its a pretty big opening on the exhaust) had broken, and the exhaust was drooping down.

the easiest thing I can think of is to take the exhaust off and weld the peice back on. I am out of town so i dont know what tools i will need to get the exhaust off, and to be honest, if i was sitting in front of the car I probably still wouldnt know. Can any one tell me the tools i will need to get the exhaust off the car. I understand that with a custom exhaust on the car that it might not be exactly the same as what people can tell me, but any help would be really appricated.

also, the silencer for the muffler was stolen out of the exhaust while i was out and about one day. if any one know of a good web site to pick another up, i would really appricate it.

thanks!

Old 08-27-2006, 04:25 PM

Default Re: Exhaust Question (panoptic)

Who would steal a silencer? Anyway, I'm not sure about the exhaust removal because, like you said it's custom, but probably hand tools and maybe a hacksaw.
As for the silencer, I have one you can have if you want to pay shipping, and if it will fit. It's from a Skunk2 cat-back for an EG and fits a 4 inch diameter tip. Boxed up it would weigh a couple pounds. Just let me know.
Old 08-28-2006, 06:36 AM

Default Re: Exhaust Question (FarinaMotorsports)

thank man, i will let you know. im pretty sure its a 4 inch, but i need to remeasure it, just to make sure. if it will fit, i would take it.

the place it got stolen, was the same place (my work at the time) where some one tried breaking into my junky 91 nissan stanza, that had no mods to it, didn't look nice, had nothing sitting in the seats and the c.d. player didn't have its face on, and there were at least 5 BMW's surrounding my car..... doesn't make sense... but oh well.

adam