Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

EVERYONE!!!!! please WATCH OUT for your car...... theives....

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2003, 04:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EVERYONE!!!!! please WATCH OUT for your car...... theives....

MY CAR WAS STOLEN!!

On Jan. 21st tuesday morning at 4:15am a neighbor was up early feeding her new baby and heard some clanking outside. She looked outside and noticed three maybe four people with knit caps on (the tallest being about 6') pulling what looked to be a battery from a car (my 1996 EK). Then she noticed them wheeling away two wheels, so being extremely suspicious at 4am she and her husband called the cops, while they continued to go to work on my baby!

About 10 minutes later, while the husband was on the phone they here a car start and quickly pull around and drive away. At 5:15am I get waken up to the pounding on my bedroom door by my roomate saying there's an officer downstair needing to talk to me (I already know what its about). Si he asks me to bundle up (cause its 15* degrees out) and meet him outside because my car was stripped.

So....I meet him outside and he drive me around my building to where they rolled my car. At 8:30pm on monday night, I came home with my girlfriend in the car and backed my car in to a spot in my apartment complex. She remebers that the doors were locked because she went back to get somethign out but said the door was locked so she couldnt open it. I have a clifford alarm, one fo the lower models, with disabler and power door locks installed. So if the doors were locked and since my lights flashed, my system was armed @ 8:30pm.

What they ended up doing was with 3+ people (the neighbor thinks one was a girl maybe) they broke into my car quickly disabling my alarm, or it didnt go off, then worked on my steering column, broke that, and then pushed my car down the lot and around the corner. This was probably about 3:00 or 3:30am. Then they continued to unbolt my JDM red valve cover, my brand new recaros, XM equipment, amplifier, sub and enclosure, my tools, which they also used to take apart my car, a really old sorry *** modem I was about to give to a friend, my headunit, and radar detector. Of course I'm not gogin to mention what they didn't take but let's just say my neighbors saved my wallet. Thank god they didnt have a key or they woulda just driven it away, or they could have even towed it. They also got two of my wheels off, and had the third halfway off, and left both of my wheels on the grass. This meant that they left in huge hurry.

The cops believe they had a scanner because the police were closing in only a few blocks away and the wife said she heard a car start and quickly drive away, then the cops came minutes later. The officer asked if I knew any latinos becuse he said they believe that is who is doing it lately around my area in Howard County Maryland. I am not racist in the least nor was he when he asked this, but it was because that is who they think is doing it.

I told him that I had been to JIM COLEMAN HONDA two weeks ago for an oil change (yes I didnt change it because it was cold, I have no garage, and it was snowing). If I had a garage this would probably not have happened, but because i live in an appartment complex it was only a matter of time. I plan on buying an autoloc but I think that they woulda just worked around it.

BEFORE:

AFTER:

These are the missing items:
(if you see anyone selling any of these items please contact me ASAP! I would greatly appreciate any help)

Pioneer Premier 12" DVC subwoofer two years old

This was installed into a custom made box to fit in the back of my hatch (for a 96-00 hatch in the usual grey carpet sealed box)

Pioneer DEH-P4400

JL audio 300/4 4-channel amp

2 USDM "special edition" recaros in AVUS black with double red stitch from the honda-tech GB

Pioneer XM satellite receiver

along with this antenna.....

(but without the word "TERK" on it)

Type R JDM red valve cover with JDM oil cap

[Modified by pkek, 12:01 AM 1/23/2003]
Old 01-22-2003, 04:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: EVERYONE!!!!! please WATCH OUT for your car...... theives.... (pkek)

God thieves have become a real problem to people on this board...Sorry to hear about that, you think they checked your car out when they changed the oil? that is crazy..

Maybe we should make a forum entitled, "What has been stolen Now"
Old 01-22-2003, 04:36 PM

Default Re: EVERYONE!!!!! please WATCH OUT for your car...... theives.... (pkek)

daymmm, BRO... sorry to hear about that. Makes me think twice about my auto-loc.
Old 01-22-2003, 05:04 PM

Default Re: EVERYONE!!!!! please WATCH OUT for your car...... theives.... (khang77642)

theyll be back, if it was that easy the first time just think what they could do with alittle actual planning. im not saying there right,but you either need to get a garage, or accept the fact that people are gonna steal stuff. dont floss what you cant afford to lose.
Old 01-22-2003, 05:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: EVERYONE!!!!! please WATCH OUT for your car...... theives.... (khang77642)

mine was stolen a week ago today

check out the pics:
http://www.b-unit.com/Seans%20Car/
Old 01-22-2003, 05:22 PM
Risky Business

Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
Default Re: EVERYONE!!!!! please WATCH OUT for your car...... theives.... (vg30dett71510)

theyll be back, if it was that easy the first time just think what they could do with alittle actual planning. im not saying there right,but you either need to get a garage, or accept the fact that people are gonna steal stuff. dont floss what you cant afford to lose.
theres a lotta truth to that...
Old 01-22-2003, 05:29 PM

Default Re: EVERYONE!!!!! please WATCH OUT for your car...... theives.... (BauleyCivic)

theives suck
Old 01-22-2003, 05:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: EVERYONE!!!!! please WATCH OUT for your car...... theives.... (EG_HB)

Thieves are indeed GAY!! I am sick and tired of hearing about these damn thefts!! Sorry about your car Parker, you and me should go do some investigating soon (I bet I have an idea of who might be behind this...)
Old 01-22-2003, 05:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: EVERYONE!!!!! please WATCH OUT for your car...... theives.... (b16a ferio)

Man Parker this F**ken sucks, at least you still have 80% of your car. This is why I want to get rid of my car.........I really believe now, that the people responsable for stealing cars reads this board. That sucks. This isn't a accusation but roll to Rockville, MD to the Barnes and Noble and check out the riced out cars with tons of JDM parts.......hmmmmm makes me wonder. Or the Lauerl races.
Old 01-22-2003, 05:45 PM

Default Re: EVERYONE!!!!! please WATCH OUT for your car...... theives.... (b16a ferio)

makes me wanna beat some theives up!
Old 01-22-2003, 05:46 PM

If i left my car running with the doors open in baltomore i still couldn't get anyone to steal my p.o.s. **** CIVIC'S!
Old 01-22-2003, 05:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: EVERYONE!!!!! please WATCH OUT for your car...... theives.... (NotQuiteJdm)

how long did it take the cops to get there? damn you just got those seats too! they have some big ***** to do that right near your house!
Old 01-22-2003, 06:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I feel your pain bro, I had one stolen two years ago, stupid ***** stripped it clean. If it happens again and I cath them in the act I will not hessitate to use the problem solver and lift them off their feet!
Old 01-22-2003, 06:43 PM

damn bro, sorry to hear about you ek being stolen. I hope you have insurance. Good luck getting all your stuff back or replaced.
Old 01-22-2003, 06:47 PM
H-T Poker champion

Default Re: EVERYONE!!!!! please WATCH OUT for your car...... theives.... (projectM)

I'm sorry to hear about that.. Hope the insurance company hooks you up at least.. Theives man.. why.. BAH!
Old 01-22-2003, 06:54 PM

Default Re: EVERYONE!!!!! please WATCH OUT for your car...... theives.... (couter)

makes me wanna beat some theives up!
I was reading other threads and i read a sig that says that u sell stolen motors!

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=392559

[Modified by ek2121, 3:56 AM 1/23/2003]
Old 01-22-2003, 07:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: EVERYONE!!!!! please WATCH OUT for your car...... theives.... (ek2121)

That sucks Parker! I'll keep an eye out here in Annapolis for your stuff.
Old 01-22-2003, 07:17 PM

Default Re: EVERYONE!!!!! please WATCH OUT for your car...... theives.... (dwnthehatch)

God damn i am just starting to spend money on my car and the more of this **** i hear it makes me almost regret it. Theives f*ckin suck!!! Sorry to hear about your car man.
Old 01-22-2003, 07:22 PM

Default Re: EVERYONE!!!!! please WATCH OUT for your car...... theives.... (GasHuffer)

that sucks majorly. At least they didnt take the whole thing. I had to learn the hard way about how bad you get reamed with a hybrid and insurance. Good luck finding your stuff. Your seats will probably turn up, they're easy to recognize.
Old 01-22-2003, 07:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: EVERYONE!!!!! please WATCH OUT for your car...... theives.... (GasHuffer)

Damn...sorry to hear that ****.....dont worry what goes around comes around..and they will get theirs...
Old 01-22-2003, 07:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry to hear that, I hope you have insurnace to cover it.
Old 01-22-2003, 07:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: EVERYONE!!!!! please WATCH OUT for your car...... theives.... (B2FiNiTY)

sorry to hear your loss bro
Old 01-22-2003, 07:39 PM

Default Re: EVERYONE!!!!! please WATCH OUT for your car...... theives.... (JDMSir-G)

stealing cars reads this board.
I believe there is some truth to that, maybe not this board but another local one, when I had my first hatchback for sale I liste the mods... stereop system and etc. What do you know a few weeks later my stereo system got stolen !!
Old 01-22-2003, 07:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: EVERYONE!!!!! please WATCH OUT for your car...... theives.... (JDMSir-G)

Man Parker this F**ken sucks, at least you still have 80% of your car. This is why I want to get rid of my car.........I really believe now, that the people responsable for stealing cars reads this board. That sucks. This isn't a accusation but roll to Rockville, MD to the Barnes and Noble and check out the riced out cars with tons of JDM parts.......hmmmmm makes me wonder. Or the Lauerl races.
Dude, I couldn't agree with you more! I SWEAR Rockville meets have to do with half of these car thefts in the MD/VA/DC area...******* thieves man, if I catch a thief I think I will rip his ***** off and make him eat them
Old 01-22-2003, 07:45 PM
be professional

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Those seats would be a dead giveaway on anyone who may have them - weren't they a one-time-only deal?

Quick Reply: EVERYONE!!!!! please WATCH OUT for your car...... theives....