Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

errr, help convince me to get a civic hatch!

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2002, 05:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default errr, help convince me to get a civic hatch!

ok, I think I want a civic hatch but I cant seem to convince myself.... I need help.

as wierd as it may sound, I know its the right thing to do, but I cant convince myself to do it!
I'll tell you the story behind it.... you dont need to read it, but it may help you understand where I am coming from.

-story-
Ok, I got into cars shortly before FnF, and as soon as that movie came out I sorta went overboard. I mean all out super street BITCH. I went to borders, got every car mag there, read them all in the store in one day, and got on the computer and started looking for car forums..... I found a couple and the people there quickly converted me to a speed-o-holic. I was fully converted when I got a ride in my godfather (sortof, just not catholic) slightly modded corvette (intake, chip, exhaust). I then started on my year long journey of learning. I started on a nissan forum (FA and zilvia.net) and then proceeded in this order: nissan, honda, Subaru, DSM, rotary, BMW, Audis, nissans, toyotas, and back to rotaries.... it was a long and perilous journey anyways, I have been trying to convert some of my semi-ricer friends to the speed side, and it just wasnt working.... at this time (beginning of school year) I thought that hondas were rice... and unfortunatly, all my friends liked them. I wanted a fast car. I wanted a car my friends would like as much as I do. I couldnt have both.
then someone alerted me to this website. I read for a couple weeks, then registered, and discovered I already had a name (wierd, huh). anyways, I quickly learned that hondas CAN be fast! heyyyy! whodathunkit!
so now, Im thinking that I can cure my need for speed, and have a honda that my friends will like at the same time. Now- HERE IS THE PROBLEM- before I found this site, I dissed hondas. ALOT. I said that FWD = WWD (I still would rather have the rear, or all 4, wheels turning). I stopped a friend from getting a CRX (he woulda riced it). I lost a friend because she put altezzas and a gaudy wing on her car..... and now Im afraid that if I get a honda, ppl will give me crap.

-end of story-

so please, just convince me that it would be worth it to get a civic hatch..... Im thinking EG/EK, B18c1 swap with 85/86mm sleeves and a turbo shortly after.... but I cant seem to decide if it would be worth it to spend the extra money on the civic to run the same times as if I got a 1g awd dsm....
Old 12-12-2002, 06:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: errr, help convince me to get a civic hatch! (sinfestboy)

Welp you sound like most honda owners AFTER they have owned their honda.
alot of people sell their cars because they are sick of dealing with stunnas, body kits, altezzas, wings, neon lights, 18" chrome wheels, ETC.

If you buy a hatch you must be prepared for the following
1) being revved on by every stunna in your city. even if your car looks COMPLETLEY stock, they will **** with you MORe because they think its just a stock civic and they can "roll it y0!" my car is in totally stock trim from the outside but every idiot with a visor tries to **** with me when i drive it.

2) thieft, modified hondas are stolen ALL THE TIME I know people who have sold their car, that they have put countless amounts of time, money and love into because they are sick of being paranoid while parking it at the mall, or the store for 5 damn minuets.

3) the fact that hondas, while we know they can be fast, are still looked down on by 90% of the people who modify cars. wander on to any message board (im sure youve seen this) and hondas are the joke of the century, rice this, slow that bla bla bla. its the worst feeling in the world when your talking with people, you get asked what you like to do in your spare time, and you say "i work on my car, its a honda civic" then they say "Ohhh..." and you KNOW they are thinking, body kit, fart can, neons etc.

[/rant]

those are the reasons im selling my honda.
Old 12-12-2002, 06:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

first thing, you shouldn't get a car so your friends would like it. That makes no sense at all. Are they going to be driving it?

second, most importantly get what u want. Plan what u want from your car and lastly plan on robbing a bank because its gonna get real expensive real fast.
Old 12-12-2002, 06:02 PM
LHC

personally i've allways liked hondas but not neceserily due to the speed factor; I take into account that they are confortable, reliable and reasonably cheap to run vehicles...i've only been in this forum for a short while and here I have found the inspiration necessary to make my hatch a fast ride...I could easily sell it and buy a skyline or a 200sx but then wot effort will I be making on my own to make my car my own car. You must realise that tuning up a hatch takes not only money but also a lot of motivation and is places like H-T where you can get this from...frankly if you decide not to take on the hatch project it wont make much difference...because there'll be someone else out there who will take that opportunity...peace
Old 12-12-2002, 06:11 PM
LHC

Default Re: errr, help convince me to get a civic hatch! (Kamin)

If you buy a hatch you must be prepared for the following
1) being revved on by every stunna in your city. even if your car looks COMPLETLEY stock, they will **** with you MORe because they think its just a stock civic and they can "roll it y0!" my car is in totally stock trim from the outside but every idiot with a visor tries to **** with me when i drive it.
This is so true, even down here its the same...
2) theft, modified hondas are stolen ALL THE TIME I know people who have sold their car, that they have put countless amounts of time, money and love into because they are sick of being paranoid while parking it at the mall, or the store for 5 damn minuets.

3) the fact that hondas, while we know they can be fast, are still looked down on by 90% of the people who modify cars. wander on to any message board (im sure youve seen this) and hondas are the joke of the century, rice this, slow that bla bla bla. its the worst feeling in the world when your talking with people, you get asked what you like to do in your spare time, and you say "i work on my car, its a honda civic" then they say "Ohhh..." and you KNOW they are thinking, body kit, fart can, neons etc.
Very true, but who gives a **** when you realise that the only reason why people act like that is because they're nutting but jealous bitches...this also happens because off all these ricers out there saying that they're the **** 'cose of they're altezzas and bodykits...Peace!!
Old 12-12-2002, 06:24 PM

Default Re: errr, help convince me to get a civic hatch! (spoonedcivicG4)

i've owned a dsm turbo. i liked it but not as much as i like my hatch...
Old 12-12-2002, 06:34 PM

DONT get one. Hatchbacks suck.
Old 12-12-2002, 06:34 PM

Default Re: errr, help convince me to get a civic hatch! (willyboyD16)

first thing, you shouldn't get a car so your friends would like it. That makes no sense at all. Are they going to be driving it?
-RANT-
I dont want to sound like an *** hole right off the bat but people who act like this ANNOY THE HELL OUT OF ME. My friends are the people I am around most of the time. I care about them. If they like my car, it makes my life better in 2 ways: I wont catch flak from them for having a car they dont like, and I will get more free "stuff". Also, if you REALLY dont care what other people think of you, then why arent you wearing a pair of $10 jeans and a one color t-shirt? everyone conforms to the society they live in, because not only do all people subconciously want to be accepted, they also realize that having people like you makes your life better. the more they like you the better your life becomes. the more things they like about you, the better your life becomes. If you want to deny it, then plain and simple, your heads are up in the clouds. dont tell me that I have alot to learn about life, because quite a few very intelligent adults agree with me.

-END RANT-

back to the car....
I think that I can get my dad to pay for a theft deterrance system... probably lojack, and a screamer.... maby instead of the screamer a camera.... that would be nice....
Old 12-13-2002, 05:42 AM

[QUOTE]first thing, you shouldn't get a car so your friends would like it. That makes no sense at all. Are they going to be driving it?

-RANT-
I dont want to sound like an *** hole right off the bat but people who act like this ANNOY THE HELL OUT OF ME. My friends are the people I am around most of the time. I care about them. If they like my car, it makes my life better in 2 ways: I wont catch flak from them for having a car they dont like, and I will get more free "stuff". Also, if you REALLY dont care what other people think of you, then why arent you wearing a pair of $10 jeans and a one color t-shirt? everyone conforms to the society they live in, because not only do all people subconciously want to be accepted, they also realize that having people like you makes your life better. the more they like you the better your life becomes. the more things they like about you, the better your life becomes. If you want to deny it, then plain and simple, your heads are up in the clouds. dont tell me that I have alot to learn about life, because quite a few very intelligent adults agree with me.

-END RANT-
[QUOTE]

Ok, I get it. You have to get a honda so that your friends will like you? Ok, that explains it all. YOU ARE A LOOSER!!!!!!!!!!!!! And any intelligent adult who agrees with you is a looser too!
Old 12-13-2002, 05:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

So if your friends tell u to jump off bridge go ahead and do it since u care what they want out of your life so much.
Old 12-13-2002, 05:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I my hatch!
Can't wait to drop the GSR motor in and smoke the ricers you speak about. For the $$ you can't beat an Eg hatch / GSR swap! You're talking under 7k for a car that is pretty damn fast, not to mention reliable

But, you never stop spending $$ on the car I haven't even got my motor yet. Will have the $$ after the first of the year. ...and I am alreadt talking boost or JRSC

Get what you want!!!!!!

Old 12-13-2002, 06:05 AM

Default Re: errr, help convince me to get a civic hatch! (tonyxcom)

Wow. I've never seen anyone try so hard to justify the fact that they can not think for themselves in any way, shape, or form.

I think you need to step back and figure out a better way to go about making life decisions than letting your peers influence you THAT much. You're stepping into some dangerous territory. I can see you now............you'll end up being those *** clowns I have at my office with the latest and greatest PDA, cell phone, blender, ***** machines just as long as you are the coolest executive on the floor.

Man, I feel sorry for people like you.

And to answer your original question. DON'T GET A HATCHBACK!!! Get yourself an SUV. That way it's a safe bet you'll be accepted by 95% of the whole automotive community.

Please sir, leave this place.

Stock
Old 12-13-2002, 06:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: errr, help convince me to get a civic hatch! (Hybrid93Hatch)

I love my 00 hatch, me and my wife have been tinkering with it for a while now, and im about to get an EG, so i would say deffintely get a hatch if thats a car that you want, they are fun to drive and IMO look the best out of any civic, especially modified with no stickers or body kit, just some subtle lip spoilers and a small spoon or OEM wing...very nice...

And by the way, if you are buying a car to impress friends, regardless of how you try to justify it, its still a sign of a weak person, just my 2 cents, i dont know you and i personally dont give a **** what car you get or why, i just think that a person with any nuts to do what they want and enjoy life would get the car that THEY wanted regardless of what stupid little comments people made, hell, if i followed your actions when it comes to that, id probobly have a mustang...but nope, we got what we wanted, a HONDA!
Old 12-13-2002, 06:13 AM

Default Re: errr, help convince me to get a civic hatch! (Hybrid93Hatch)

Plain and simple get what you like. There are good arguements for getting a honda though. First, parts are cheap and easy to find. So many people are into hondas it is usually quite easy to find what you want locally, and low-ball people to get it. Two, they are a good, reliable car. Three, they are very economical.

These make Hondas a good choice for most people. Will your honda be able to go as fast as cheap as a DSM? No. Will you have loads of fun wrenching on it with your friends? Yes. That's what this hobby is all about for most people. The friends you make and the fun you have while doing it.

Old 12-13-2002, 06:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: errr, help convince me to get a civic hatch! (1BlackHatch)

^^^ No doubt.
Old 12-13-2002, 07:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

So if your friends tell u to jump off bridge go ahead and do it since u care what they want out of your life so much.
Old 12-13-2002, 07:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Get a car to make your friends happy? Why not just buy them the car and hand over the keys? This is why there's more than one kind of soft drink, more than one kind of shoe, and more than one kind of car. Not everyone's tastes are the same. It's called, anyone? anyone?... INDIVIDUALITY. If you're buying the car to "fit in" with your friends, that means three things- 1) you're a lemming and can't make your own decisions (kinda like the people on here asking "should I get XXX?"), 2) your friends aren't really your friends if they judge you based on what kind of car you drive, and 3) you really are a ricer.

I see one simple solution to all this, and it pretty much applies to every soap opera going on right now on HT... Do your own thing and don't worry about what other people think. In the same respect, don't **** on someone's parade. To lose a friend because she got Altezzas is pretty ******* shallow if you ask me. That's like not dating a girl you get along with really well because she's 2" too tall.

You need to sort out your psychological issues before you buy a car.
Old 12-13-2002, 07:45 AM

Default Re: errr, help convince me to get a civic hatch! (tonyxcom)

I say do what your friends say. Unless they are idiots. I have taken my friends advice many times. Thats why they are my friends. And if you impress them to thats even better.
Old 12-13-2002, 10:33 AM
New User

Default Re: errr, help convince me to get a civic hatch! (Kamin)

Welp you sound like most honda owners AFTER they have owned their honda.
alot of people sell their cars because they are sick of dealing with stunnas, body kits, altezzas, wings, neon lights, 18" chrome wheels, ETC.

Your points are all quite valid and yes, it does suck but it feels SOOOOOO good to hand someone a steaming plate of *** when you prove to them just how fast a little Civic hatchback can be.

Mike
Old 12-13-2002, 10:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Jump on the bandwagon and get a 240sx Fastback
its all about the funfactor