Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

engine dress up and AEM CAI problem!

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2005, 06:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default engine dress up and AEM CAI problem!

Ok, so i want to dress up my engine a little, heres a few problems Im having. First I cant get my AEM CAI to stay in place, the bolts that it is suppose to connect to dont fit so i have to find a new way to fit it all, I have a EK Coupe DX. Any help with suggestions to keep it in place and still look good are awesome. Second i dont know what color to do my engine bay in and still look clean and not overdone. The car is Red and im doing carbon hood, lip and possibly trunk, tinted windows, and going to have black or bronze 5 zigen FNO1R-C's 16s, i was thinking of just adding some red and doing the rest black very mild engine bay, Im planning on a swap anyways i just need a little something for right now. Also Im planning on doing some painting in the engine bay, spray can, high temp stuff, anyone have any sugestions on fairly good priced paint for this, prolly gunna be heat shield, valve cover is getting done professionally, little brackets and ****. Thanks for all the help, ill put up a pic of the engine bay as of now soon.
Old 03-26-2005, 12:07 PM

Default Re: engine dress up and AEM CAI problem! (accident prone)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by accident prone &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Second i dont know what color to do my engine bay in and still look clean and not overdone.</TD></TR></TABLE>

How about... don't paint it any color. Just get it so clean that you could eat off of your manifolds, and it will naturally look awesome. Or if you really really must paint it, just do most parts flat black(or anodize for the win!), and polish/chrome some pieces.
Old 03-26-2005, 09:55 PM

Man stop wasting your money and save for something like u said a swap or a turbo kit
Old 03-26-2005, 10:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: engine dress up and AEM CAI problem! (Blue00vtecsi)

as stated just clean the engine bay so you can eat off of it, i did that all day today and it came out real nice, i hid some wires as well and i plan on doing even more when summer comes around. This is what i did today (dont mind the turbo stuff w/o a turbo, i am replacing the turbo, had bad seals, and was to lazy to take the rest of the stuff out):
Old 03-27-2005, 10:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

well, the m oney for the swap im working on, i decided no chrome stuff no likey! but i am going to paint some parts black and a few red then use new hoses (prolly black) and clean up all the other hoses, i dont want to go extreme i just dont want to see the mess of wires thats in the engine bay and all that other stuff, ill start with that sometime this week and ill post up a pic and see what everone thinks
Old 03-29-2005, 09:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

ok so i worked on the engine bay a little bit, i have before, process, and finished pictures which i will put up soon, i painted the intake, exhaust manifold cover, strut brace, i also cleaned up alot of the wiring in the engine bay and got rid of some unnecessary wiring and other garbage, some more of the motor will be painted flat black and a little milano red to match the car, ill keep updating on whats going on with the engine
Old 03-29-2005, 10:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

updates? sounds sweet as hell
Old 03-29-2005, 10:33 AM
POE
Honda-Tech Member

see sig for a clean engine bay!
Old 03-29-2005, 11:37 AM

Default Re: engine dress up and AEM CAI problem! (Soccerking3000)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Soccerking3000 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
</TD></TR></TABLE>

nice
Old 03-29-2005, 12:35 PM

Default Re: engine dress up and AEM CAI problem! (Soccerking3000)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Soccerking3000 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">as stated just clean the engine bay so you can eat off of it, i did that all day today and it came out real nice, i hid some wires as well and i plan on doing even more when summer comes around. This is what i did today (dont mind the turbo stuff w/o a turbo, i am replacing the turbo, had bad seals, and was to lazy to take the rest of the stuff out):
</TD></TR></TABLE>

I was just gonna ask you who's insanely stupid manifold you were using, but then i actually read the post. Engine bay looks nice though, congrats.
Old 03-29-2005, 01:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: engine dress up and AEM CAI problem! (snoochtodanooch)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by snoochtodanooch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I was just gonna ask you who's insanely stupid manifold you were using, but then i actually read the post. Engine bay looks nice though, congrats. </TD></TR></TABLE>

lol ya its one of those turbo's you mount near your tail pipe lol
Old 04-03-2005, 10:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i just got some pics that i will post up soon of the process, i am changing a few things and will keep everyone posted. Im also looking into finding some new painting processes that are cheap but come out anodized well.

heres some pics

before
http://www.we-todd-did-racing....D.jpg
during
after

I still have a few more since i added so me more stuff to the engine bay, the valve cover is now red and i cleaned up some more wiring ill get pics up asap

Modified by accident prone at 4:28 PM 4/9/2005