Alternator<- dont know where this is
Battery
Distributer<- don't know where this is
Fuse box

Am I missing anything else
?
Old 10-05-2004, 03:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Engine cleaning questions (Eg_Egg)

The distributor is what the spark plug wires plug into. It's to the left of the valve cover.

Just take a plastic bag and tape it over the distributor, making sure to cover the wires and to seal the area where the black plastic housing (the distributor cap) meets the metal. It's also a good idea to tape a bag over the alternator as well. Finally, be careful not to spray too directly at the spark plug holes, as sometimes water can get in there.
Old 10-05-2004, 03:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Engine cleaning questions (Eg_Egg)

When i did mine, I just covered up anything electrical that I didnt want to get water in. The distributor is the black cap that all the spark plug wires go into. Make sure you cover that up well.

As for belts, I would try to avoid spraying them because you don't want them to start slipping.
Old 10-05-2004, 03:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Engine cleaning bay questions EKHATCH (Eg_Egg)

ok the distributor is to the left were the spark plug wires are going to and the black part is called the cap cover the whole thing with a plastic bag and be careful around the valve cover were the spark plug wires go in cuz u dont want water in there. cover ur intake, put a bag around the filter so no water sits on there and goes in when u start reving again. and ur alternator will be the metal thing with a belt on it that is to the right underneath the throttle body or intake manifold. look up what an altenator looks like i dont think u will have a problem with that one though. and thats it i ope this helps.
Old 10-05-2004, 03:59 PM
Electrician

Use plastic bags, what I do.

Cover fuse box (yb the side of the battery, black box which has vital fuses in it).

Cover battery.

Cover distributor (black cap that your ignition wires connect to. Look at the above pic, see those bluw wures? Look to the left where they connect to, that's the distributor.).

Cover ignition wires where they enter the valve cover (See those blue wires? See where they dissapear into the valve cover and down through the cylinder head? Cover that area.).

Cover engine harness (You'll see one on top of the passenger strut tower [in front of the battery] and one on the driver side, in front of the Clutch Master Cylinder.).

Spray a good degreaser on the parts you want to clean. Spray away.
Old 10-05-2004, 04:37 PM

Default Re: (Dimi)

while facing your engine:
<FONT COLOR="orange">the Distributor </FONT>is to the left of your engine, just off the valve cover, above the transmission. It will be metal with a black plastic cap and have 4 ignition wires connected to it.
<FONT COLOR="orange">the Alternator</FONT> is to the back right side of your engine. It sits down below the intake manifold and to the right a bit. It is metal, round, and has many slits in it with coils inside.
<FONT COLOR="green">you really should get to know these parts.</FONT>
<FONT COLOR="blue">after you cover everything up you can be very generous with degreaser and let it sit for a few minutes. Then spray it off with a hose but be sure to not saturate these parts or any part of the engine...just keep the spray moving until the degreaser is washed off, then remove the plastic and let it run a little so it can dry completely. </FONT>
Old 10-05-2004, 05:02 PM

Default Re: (94JDMEG)

Be sure to cover the parts people listed, I bought a product that said it was safe for all parts of your engine and that you didn't need to cover anything. Wrong. My car ran like **** for the longest time. Be sure to cover all conectors including dizzy, IACV and intake piping.