Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

-- engine bay pics -- need suggestions on how to clean up --

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2003, 01:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default -- engine bay pics -- need suggestions on how to clean up --

i have noticed that most everyone has really clean looking engine bays. well unfortunately, i am not one of those people. so i was wondering if anyone one has any suggestions on what i can do to clean it up? now i am not talking about clean as in no dirt, just clean looking engine bay that doesnt look like a jungle of hoses and wires. i am also not looking for the bling factor, just a nice, clean engine bay. thanks.

well here are 2 pics of what i have to work with.

Modified by ID_ten_T at 5:12 PM 6/2/2003
Old 06-02-2003, 01:40 PM
#1 Washington Commanders Fan

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: -- engine bay pics -- need suggestions on how to clean up -- (ID_ten_T)

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=518058
https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=465081

try those
Old 06-02-2003, 01:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: -- engine bay pics -- need suggestions on how to clean up -- (ID_ten_T)

run your wiring in an unseen place, and use 1 color for silicone/vacuum hose.

polish the purple part of your blow off valve. if your engine isn't loaded with lots of visible hks parts, purple just isn't happenin.

just a start.
Old 06-02-2003, 02:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: -- engine bay pics -- need suggestions on how to clean up -- (hanson said)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by hanson said &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">run your wiring in an unseen place, and use 1 color for silicone/vacuum hose.

polish the purple part of your blow off valve. if your engine isn't loaded with lots of visible hks parts, purple just isn't happenin.

just a start.</TD></TR></TABLE>

You can run all your head light wiring under the frame so it is un-seen. And if you dont use you cruse control, or wind shield sprayers. take that shiet out too! You can also relocated your battery to the back and the fuse box inside your car under the dash.

-Alex
Old 06-02-2003, 02:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: -- engine bay pics -- need suggestions on how to clean up -- (2kTypeRHatch)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 2kTypeRHatch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
You can run all your head light wiring under the frame so it is un-seen. And if you dont use you cruse control, or wind shield sprayers. take that shiet out too! You can also relocated your battery to the back and the fuse box inside your car under the dash.</TD></TR></TABLE>

i've heard relocating all the wiring can be a pain, but the results are obviously worth it!
Old 06-02-2003, 02:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: -- engine bay pics -- need suggestions on how to clean up -- (hanson said)

Some more pics

Old 06-02-2003, 03:47 PM

Default Re: -- engine bay pics -- need suggestions on how to clean up -- (2kTypeRHatch)

Clean up the engine bay? Go all motor
Old 06-02-2003, 03:58 PM

((see pic below - green circles))

i've noticed that most of the pics that everyone is posting has these things missing.(orange clips and black box - btw, wtf is this?). i was wondering if i could do something similar. btw, this is an ex coupe. also, i noticed the battery location in the post above (and the second block ground, is that helpful?). how difficult was this? anyone have any more info (like a how-to) so i can try this? i searched real quick and found a lot of stuff for crx's but not civics. thanks for all the help.

Old 06-02-2003, 04:24 PM

tjr black box on the driver side is for the cruise control
Old 06-02-2003, 04:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: -- engine bay pics -- need suggestions on how to clean up -- (dose)

orange = ABS
Old 06-02-2003, 04:32 PM

Default Re: -- engine bay pics -- need suggestions on how to clean up -- (navin)

get those plastic tie wraps and try to gather ur spark plug wires into one, and work from there... closest wires, tie'em up that should clean up the wires a bit and organize them, just work from there. you can also paint the plastic tie wraps black to match the wires so they dont look weird.
Old 06-02-2003, 06:02 PM
big strong guy

Default Re: -- engine bay pics -- need suggestions on how to clean up -- (JDMy0)

I took Every thing out, I only installed what was needed!

Down side was that Florida is very hot!

Eric
Old 06-02-2003, 06:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

2KTYPERHATCH.. that is a very impressive engine bay. good job. A lot of attention to the detail....
Old 06-02-2003, 06:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (bay pics

Old 06-02-2003, 07:35 PM

Default Re: (bay pics (nsxmatt)

another question. the picture below has another green circle showing a random connection that used to go to the power steering. i was wondering what is the best way to get rid of this? can i just cut it? suggestions? thanks.

Old 06-02-2003, 07:58 PM

Default Re: (ID_ten_T)

i couldnt take it out so i cut the damn thing
Old 06-02-2003, 08:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: -- engine bay pics -- need suggestions on how to clean up -- (rainmanEK)

rainman

that is beautiful
Old 06-03-2003, 04:07 PM

Default Re: -- engine bay pics -- need suggestions on how to clean up -- (redline201)

lets see here, so:

- zip tie orange plug, maybe consider painting black
- consider removing cruise control if it is not used
- cut power steering line (what is a better way to do it?)

any other suggestions? thanks in advance!
Old 06-03-2003, 04:18 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ID_ten_T &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">lets see here, so:

- zip tie orange plug, maybe consider painting black
- consider removing cruise control if it is not used
- cut power steering line (what is a better way to do it?)

any other suggestions? thanks in advance!</TD></TR></TABLE>

i wondered what that black box was.. anyone have steps to removing everything related to the power steering?
Old 06-03-2003, 04:27 PM
Banned

Default Re: -- engine bay pics -- need suggestions on how to clean up -- (AmginE)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by AmginE &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

i wondered what that black box was.. anyone have steps to removing everything related to the power steering? </TD></TR></TABLE>

I have a CX rack.
Old 06-03-2003, 04:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Damn that is a lot of wires in that bay

You can start by moving that ground that is mounted on the front of the valve cover and runs toward the drivers headlight..... Move it directly back to back of the valve cover and ground it near the shock tower. I don't have nearly as many wires as you do. My ground replacement made my bay look 10X better
Old 06-03-2003, 04:55 PM

Default Re: -- engine bay pics -- need suggestions on how to clean up -- (Hybrid93Hatch)

my friend just cleaned mine tonight when i was at work, with this puffer thing his dad got from his past job, you can't buy them, and they hook up to a air compressor ,puffed the valve cover right up ,looks nice now
Old 06-03-2003, 04:58 PM

Default Re: -- engine bay pics -- need suggestions on how to clean up -- (blykins)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by blykins &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I have a CX rack.</TD></TR></TABLE>

i completely typed the wrong thing i meant anyone have steps to removing the cruise control? and CX's don't have cruise control either, huh?
Old 06-03-2003, 05:13 PM

Default Re: -- engine bay pics -- need suggestions on how to clean up -- (AmginE)

take out the cruise control, you will need to get the throttle cable going to the unit out of the firewall, then the whole thing just unbolts out.

2ktyperhatch. what airbox was spanky using? if it is the stock eh2 box then do you know if it flows as well as the stock gsr/itr airbox. thanks

Modified by euclid at 10:24 PM 6/3/2003
Old 06-03-2003, 05:21 PM
Banned

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by AmginE &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

i completely typed the wrong thing i meant anyone have steps to removing the cruise control? and CX's don't have cruise control either, huh?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Only 92-95 civic EX and Si(hatchback) has cruise control.

Quick Reply: -- engine bay pics -- need suggestions on how to clean up --