Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

EK9 CTR Red Badges Question

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2015, 07:17 AM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EK9 CTR Red Badges Question

Sup fellas, I'm new here so hihi (:

So i want to start this post with some information that I've gathered and a couple of part numbers just to get that over with. Also i know this is nothing new, but id like to clarify for those that aren't aware. From what i gather, The Pre facelift and Post facelift EK9's came with slightly different (only in size) front emblems, but the REAR is in FACT the same across 96-00 Hatchbacks. I cannot confirm that the badge was actually larger for the facelift model, but every source I've seen states that The Facelift (99-00) Front badge is slightly larger than the pre-facelift, and that its the exact same as the JDM ITR (96-01) Front emblem (Although, maybe this is because tuners and enthusiasts liked the larger integra emblem and thought to replace the original smaller ek emblem? And maybe there never was an actually larger EK9 emblem? Hard to tell considering they both had interchangeable front emblems... i have no clue.) The pre-facelift is much smaller than the rear while the facelift emblem is very close in size to the rear. But, i know for a fact that The Rear EK9 hatchback red emblem (or any kind of hatch emblem) will NOT fit a coupe (Em1 etc...) nor will it fit a sedan, the trunks are shaped far different thus the emblems have a different curve to them. Hopefully this helps anyone looking for info on badges for their EK.

PFL (Pre-Facelift) FRONT Red Emblem - 75700-S03-Z00
EK9FL (Facelift) & DC2 ITR FRONT Red Emblem - 75700-ST7-Z00
96-00 REAR Red Emblem - 75701-S03-Z00

**Just in case anyone wants to get technical, heres pictures of both FL (DC2/EK9) and PFL (EK9 Only) Front emblems for the sake of comparison and contrast, YES THEY ARE DIFFERENT SIZES, you can clearly see how in once picture both emblems are about the same size, while in the other photo, the left emblem is much smaller.**

LEFT PREFACELIFT - RIGHT REAR EMBLEM

LEFT POST FACELIFT - RIGHT REAR EMBLEM

Ill probably never have an answer on whether there actually was a larger emblem or not though, but anyways... I've been shopping around for an OEM front and rear Red H Emblem for my EK9 and i have come across the issue that they have prongs on the back of the front emblem that pop into the holes a jdm hood/bonnet would have... but our USDM Hoods lack the holes. Now, i like everything to be as oem as possible (nothing new on here I'm sure...) so i do NOT want to cut them off and just double side tape it on the hood. Drilling these holes isn't an issue for me, but my question is what do the prongs pop into? Theres no way for me to tell because we didn't get Type r drilled hoods in the US, so is there a set of grommets it is supposed to pop into within the holes once they are drilled? I don't see how else it would stay in the holes if there were no grommets... but even brand new emblems don't come with the grommets on the prongs. I have also cross checked the emblems from a prelude that got a hood emblem in the US, and those use prongs that go into grommets to hold them on... same with the s2000 and RSX... but i can't seem to find the same info for the EK9 badges. Anyone with an EK9 CTR or DC2 ITR that can give some insight on how these secure in? thank you!
PS. Just for reference i have added a photo of the back of an RSX emblem to show you what i mean by grommets that the prongs normally pop into so it can't be pried off and stolen from the outside without snapping it... at least from what I'm used to. These come with the RSX emblem new from honda by the way, you don't have to buy the grommets extra.

RSX EMBLEM WITH GROMMETS

PRONGS ON THE BACK

Last edited by eyeknowaghost; 10-19-2015 at 08:08 AM.