Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

EK window not gooing up and down properly

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2004, 09:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EK window not gooing up and down properly

my car recently got broken into 96 EK, i think they used screwdriver and fliped window out of track, i fixed it but when i crank up and down it slides out of the track, just wondering if the wi ndow has plastic tabs on it for it to stay in place of the tracks..
Old 02-16-2004, 10:00 AM

Default Re: EK window not gooing up and down properly (beemaz)

No the window or track has no plastic tabs on it. The window it self slides up and down in a rubber seal that is pressed inside of a metal bracket/track inside the door. There are a number of things that could be wrong, and that is why the window is falling off track. The windows can be a pain to get right, I know all to well I have switched doors on my hatch and had to transfer every part from my old door to my new door. I would just take the door panel off your car and then losen the bolts that hold the metal track to the inside of the door, just losen those alittle, and then you may have to losen the nut for the stud that is spot welded on the track up at the top of the door, next to where the mirror goes. Then you might try rolling the window up and down a few times and see if the track will align it's self, and if that doesn't work you may also have to losen the two short bolts on the bottom of the glass that bolt to the metal arm that actually makes the window go up or down inside the door, and then retry the window up and down and see if that helps and then if it does just tighten everything back up with out moving anything and it might fix the problem. Also just make sure all the seals in the track are good that the window rides in and that the window is actually in the rubber groves of the track. Well hope this helps you out, I don't know if I explained anything to well.
Old 02-16-2004, 07:14 PM

Default Re: EK window not gooing up and down properly (beemaz)

Heh i used to search for this but to no avail.. same thing happened to my car. What i did was just take off the door panel.. u can take off the blue box i think its for the motor r sumtin i forgot.. its been a while. But anyways it gives u more access... loosen the bolt on the bottom from that holds the guard rail in place.. then slide the window back in. That kinda worked for me for a while and it kept on falling out again, So i jsut played with the rail a bit like bending it inwards so that its less likely to fall out.. haha i know this explanation is kinda hard to follow.. any Qs pm me. GL
Old 02-16-2004, 07:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: EK window not gooing up and down properly (dubdeuce)

just to add to haccord2.2's info...
make sure you lubricate the rubber channel too - my window has come off the track from drying out, so just get some silicone spray lubricant in there. i know your situation is different as you may have some rail damage, but lubing the channel can only help guide it up and down better. good luck man.