Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

ek hatch, afc question

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2008, 06:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ek hatch, afc question

my ek hatch is a dx , i originally wanted to go dohc for obvious reasons, but i got a turbo kit for a sohc for real cheap so im gona try to make this work for me , the main thing im worried about is the tuning. one of my buddys will sell me a afc for very cheap, alot of people dont like using afc for boost they say get hondata and all that, but hondata is expensive and id like something to use temporarliy, the real question is will an afc hook up to my ecu? considerings its obd2
Old 08-25-2008, 07:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: ek hatch, afc question (nickohlassss)

A friend trying to sell you an afc is not much of a friend imo.
dont buy it!
Dont buy hoedata either!

Buy yourself a jumper harness and an obd1 ecu with a basemap with boost tables. take that basemap with your car to a dyno tuner, done! 100% effective!
If you wish to tune it yourself, buy eCtune or Crome Pro both about 140$, buy a Wideband and have fun. you will still need an obd1 ecu and jumper harness.

I would be glad to sell you any of the above. lmk!
In all seriousness, i suggest buying a ecu/jumper from me or wherever and go to the dyno and get yourself a tune.
Old 08-25-2008, 07:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: ek hatch, afc question (THC07)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by THC07 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">A friend trying to sell you an afc is not much of a friend imo.
dont buy it!
Dont buy hoedata either!

Buy yourself a jumper harness and an obd1 ecu with a basemap with boost tables. take that basemap with your car to a dyno tuner, done! 100% effective!
If you wish to tune it yourself, buy eCtune or Crome Pro both about 140$, buy a Wideband and have fun. you will still need an obd1 ecu and jumper harness.

I would be glad to sell you any of the above. lmk!
In all seriousness, i suggest buying a ecu/jumper from me or wherever and go to the dyno and get yourself a tune.</TD></TR></TABLE>

And this guy is 100% correct. Partially because he owns a chipping company O.o.

He's right though, in all seriousness. You don't need Hondata for a basic dyno tune, if anything, I'd recommend staying clear of Hondata, it's best to dyno tune your car, ALWAYS, and without exception.

The reason VAFC is bad is because you can't independently adjust timing and ur fuel maps - which is a HUGE problem on boosted applications (and strong NA apps). Don't do it, you'll just blow the motor sky high.

Get an OBd-I ECU like a P07 or P28, send it to a chipping company (there's one in the 1st response there, very good ECU chipping, I had many ECU's chipped by him without any problems), then take it to a dyno tuner and have a good tune burnt onto it.

You'll be golden .

Just make sure u buy a jumper harness if you're not '92-'95 so the ECU will plug right up.