Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

EK Foglight Wiring to Corner Lights?

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2009, 03:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EK Foglight Wiring to Corner Lights?

Alright, I was wondering if it is possible to run EK Fog lights on a 99 4dr sedan and hard wire it to my corner lights? Ok thanks..
Old 05-07-2009, 07:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: EK Foglight Wiring to Corner Lights?

13 views and no comment lol.. Comon guys, anyone know if this is possible?
Old 05-07-2009, 07:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by PinoyDelS0l
Alright, I was wondering if it is possible to run EK Fog lights on a 99 4dr sedan and hard wire it to my corner lights? Ok thanks..
yes you can.. its the same thing.. wiring to corner lights.. 2 wires.. hook up the black and red..
Old 05-07-2009, 07:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yes you can. some of the aftermarket harnesses alow the fogs to turn on with the parking lights (corner lights). You can rewire the harness to work that way.
Old 05-07-2009, 07:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

The last time I did this when I was 15, and it burnt the wire from the corners lights all the way to the engine bay harness on my Teg. I believe the fogs puts out more wattage then the corners. You dont want to hard wire it straight from fogs to corner lights without a harness .

Just do it the correct way and use the fog harness ,relay and fuse supplied or just pick one up at the local auto parts store do it that way.

Its easier than it looks if you dont know how to hook it up. All it is, is a ground and constant power ran to the battery and a switch. Its comes with directions on the harness.

But you can tap the fog harness into the corner light fuse, if you want them to come on the same time without a switch. You would want to run a fuse, you dont want to burn down your car.

Last edited by lhd dc2; 05-07-2009 at 07:39 PM.
Old 05-07-2009, 07:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by PinoyDelS0l
why would you wanna do that?? if you want them on when your corners come on just leave the switch pushed-in or on, if you wired everything up right they should not come on until corner lights are on, at least that's how i got mine in my eg should be the same in the eks, i just leave the switch pushed in and they come on when my turn signals are on. now if you wanna do it your way just make sure you still use the relays and harness unless you wanna melt and probably burn your engine bay.
Old 05-07-2009, 11:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by eg_21
why would you wanna do that?? if you want them on when your corners come on just leave the switch pushed-in or on, if you wired everything up right they should not come on until corner lights are on, at least that's how i got mine in my eg should be the same in the eks, i just leave the switch pushed in and they come on when my turn signals are on. now if you wanna do it your way just make sure you still use the relays and harness unless you wanna melt and probably burn your engine bay.
Because hes lazy and doesnt want to run the wires through the firewall so he figures half assing it is the way out.
Originally Posted by lhd dc2
The last time I did this when I was 15, and it burnt the wire from the corners lights all the way to the engine bay harness on my Teg. I believe the fogs puts out more wattage then the corners. You dont want to hard wire it straight from fogs to corner lights without a harness .

Just do it the correct way and use the fog harness ,relay and fuse supplied or just pick one up at the local auto parts store do it that way.

Its easier than it looks if you dont know how to hook it up. All it is, is a ground and constant power ran to the battery and a switch. Its comes with directions on the harness.

But you can tap the fog harness into the corner light fuse, if you want them to come on the same time without a switch. You would want to run a fuse, you dont want to burn down your car.
Ive done the EXACT same set up on 5 different cars. This way, when I turn on the parking lights, the fogs come on at the same time.