Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

EK Civic Traction/Front Cross Member Re-enforcement Braces? (Honda Tuning ~2003??)

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2008, 02:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EK Civic Traction/Front Cross Member Re-enforcement Braces? (Honda Tuning ~2003??)

Oi up!

I have a vague memory of seeing a test feature on a set of L shaped Traction/Cross-Member Re-enforcement braces on a Red EK Civic in Honda Tuning magazine in 2003.

There was two, each an L Shape, and one went on each side of the front Cross Member at the very front of the car, I think slightly in front of the wheels?
Each "side" (of the "L") is only about 8-10inches long. They do not cross the center of the car.

Anyone else remember this? Or know what they are called?? I can't find them on google.

I remember reading that they help somewhat with traction, but moreso with keeping the front of the car stable/controlled on bad roads and through corners. The writer was very impressed with them given they seemed so simple, & were completely out of sight.
Old 10-18-2008, 05:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: EK Civic Traction/Front Cross Member Re-enforcement Braces? (Blade_Irl)

i just looked on honda tunings website for u its a jimfab traction bar if i found the right one here the link to the article : http://www.hondatuningmagazine....html
if im wrong let me kno and btw the jimfab.com site is down i already googled it and checked it out
Old 10-18-2008, 11:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: EK Civic Traction/Front Cross Member Re-enforcement Braces? (Blade_Irl)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Blade_Irl &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Oi up!

I have a vague memory of seeing a test feature on a set of L shaped Traction/Cross-Member Re-enforcement braces on a Red EK Civic in Honda Tuning magazine in 2003.

There was two, each an L Shape, and one went on each side of the front Cross Member at the very front of the car, I think slightly in front of the wheels?
Each "side" (of the "L") is only about 8-10inches long. They do not cross the center of the car.

Anyone else remember this? Or know what they are called?? I can't find them on google.

I remember reading that they help somewhat with traction, but moreso with keeping the front of the car stable/controlled on bad roads and through corners. The writer was very impressed with them given they seemed so simple, & were completely out of sight.</TD></TR></TABLE>

KORBACH frame locks...

goodluck finding a pair or contacting the company...

they have a site but no one has been able to get any word from them...
Old 10-19-2008, 02:50 AM
H-T White Ops

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
Default FV-QR

I think Declectric had them on his old Si, but I could be thinking of someone else. I know when they were posted there were photos of the nice box they came in and installation pics. I thought shortly after that they might have been discontinued, but I'm not sure.
Old 10-19-2008, 04:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: EK Civic Traction/Front Cross Member Re-enforcement Braces? (Black96Hatch)

Don't think that was it. It wasnt a feature car, and as far as I remember it was possibly even an SOHC, one of the writers' cars, much less modified that that one - I'd found that one by searching Honda Tuning's site already, but thanks.

I'll go google the other names posted above and see what they throw up.
Old 10-19-2008, 04:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: FV-QR (NOFX)

You Sir win the prize. Korbach Frame locks is what they were! Thanks!
Now, to see if there's any hope of finding a set...

I'm interested in them for their benefits to stabilising the car on bar roads - of which Ireland has quite a lot!

Just saw a price tag in a review - $165-195?? PLus shipping to Ireland...damnit why didnt I think of this a few months ago with the € worth $1.60!
Old 10-19-2008, 11:38 AM
H-T White Ops

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Re: FV-QR (Blade_Irl)

actek23 said it, not me. I think you might have clicked the wrong reply button though.
Old 10-19-2008, 12:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: FV-QR (Blade_Irl)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Blade_Irl &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">You Sir win the prize. Korbach Frame locks is what they were! Thanks!
Now, to see if there's any hope of finding a set...

I'm interested in them for their benefits to stabilising the car on bar roads - of which Ireland has quite a lot!

Just saw a price tag in a review - $165-195?? PLus shipping to Ireland...damnit why didnt I think of this a few months ago with the € worth $1.60!</TD></TR></TABLE>

glad to help you... but the thing is that as far as i know, no one knows where you can get them except from KORBACH themselves.

http://www.korbachperformance.com/

try emailing them or calling them.

It was a big hit 4-5 years ago when they first came out. But i believe since there were not many firm believers of the product they died out. Alot of people said it improved their "feel" for the road better while others said that there was no way 2 pieces of metal screwed into the frame can make a BIG difference.

All i can say is good luck finding a set.

Modified by actek23 at 2:00 PM 10/19/2008

someone installed a set many years ago
https://honda-tech.com/zero...age=1

Modified by actek23 at 2:01 PM 10/19/2008
Old 10-20-2008, 02:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: FV-QR (actek23)

Thanks - and yes, its Actek23 who deserves the credit.

I emailed yesterday but it bounced back... I'll try to call this evening when the time difference passes(I'm from Ireland, though living in France at the moment).
Old 10-20-2008, 08:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: FV-QR (actek23)

Thanks amy for the link

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by actek23 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Alot of people said it improved their "feel" for the road better while others said that there was no way 2 pieces of metal screwed into the frame can make a BIG difference.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

it did, the car felt a lot more solid

i'm also under the testimonials on their site. I personally felt what they were selling it for was a bit high but hey ... gotta make a profit some how... so all in all it was not a bad deal.

I think what people were more afraid of is paying money for a product you'll NEVER be able to show off

I personally know a handful of people that had them on their cars, all of them felt the difference.

It was show cased at a CSi North Meets South about 4 years back... people there felt the difference

Just too bad it never really "took off"
Old 10-20-2008, 06:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: FV-QR (Declectic)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Declectic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Thanks amy for the link

it did, the car felt a lot more solid

i'm also under the testimonials on their site. I personally felt what they were selling it for was a bit high but hey ... gotta make a profit some how... so all in all it was not a bad deal.

I think what people were more afraid of is paying money for a product you'll NEVER be able to show off

I personally know a handful of people that had them on their cars, all of them felt the difference.

It was show cased at a CSi North Meets South about 4 years back... people there felt the difference

Just too bad it never really "took off"</TD></TR></TABLE>

I'm a member of clubsi and read up on all the rave about Korbach frame locks when they first came out 4-5 years ago. I wanted to get a set but i was a poor college student. I guess someone should post on clubsi.com and see if anyone has connections over there.