Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

EK accident+Pics

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2005, 10:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EK accident+Pics

Ok im on my way to work and im stopped at a red light. I try to light a ciggarette real fast and next thing i know I hear CRUNCH! NOOOOO. Someone rear ended me. So i pull to the next turn and stop the car. The lady gets out and she immediately apologizes and says she had a late reaction...WTF the light was red I was stopped. So i just got her number and wrote down her license plate number. Took a couple snaps of the accident. I went out this morning to get some quotes. one company said 425 and the other said 445.

The rear bumber is hanging just a little one guy things one of the bumper support brackets is bent. But to me these prices seem a bit high for just a little scratch hear and there. I dunno, what do you fellas think?
Old 01-07-2005, 10:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

that quote is about right if an OEM bumper cover is used and some high quality paint (with flex agent) is used
Old 01-07-2005, 10:55 AM

geeze scares me to think what a complete paint job would cost. On the qoute it said something about "tint" and "color match" whats that about? Its black!
Old 01-07-2005, 11:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

soudns right for OEM parts,

get the ebay oem bumper (ive bought one, fits lieka glove) and youll prolly save >$200

Just give the body shop the bumper, tell them to install and paint it shouldnt be more than $250 INCLUDING the bumper
Old 01-07-2005, 11:32 AM

sounds like an idea. what material is it plastic?
Old 01-07-2005, 11:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (blacks13ek)

most body shops are gong to be ghey about you bringing your own parts. Body shops make money off the parts too!!!

Make sure the shop you go to is cool about you bringing your own parts

Quote is prolly dead on.
Old 01-07-2005, 12:11 PM

Default Re: (mike1114)

did you call the cops? my dad had this one accident where a lady in a suv rear ended him at a stop because her kids inside were all over the place. anyway, she came out saying sorry and my dad was in a stage of riches because his car is a pos and he wasn't going repair it. so, no cops were called and when he reported it to his insurance, the lady changed her story and said he backup into her and ****. Well, because there wasn't any real witness, the insurances companies said my dad was at fault because the way the two bumpers looked.
Old 01-07-2005, 12:33 PM

Default Re: (y0y0)

Yeah.. same thing happened to me.

Some college chick who couldn't drive backed up to me and took all the blame for it, but never paid me when I didn't contact the police. I thought you could trust some people in this world... apparently not
Old 01-07-2005, 12:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">geeze scares me to think what a complete paint job would cost. On the qoute it said something about "tint" and "color match" whats that about? Its black!
</TD></TR></TABLE>

you have no idea do you? My friend is a professional automotive painter and Ive looked at his catalogs of "chips" theres so many different blacks out there its rediculous. ferarri black is actually mixes with a bit of orange in there.. go figure..
Old 01-07-2005, 12:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

what i would do is:

buy ebay OEM bumper [wish i could remember the seller i got mine from]

take bumper to body shop for paint

install bumper yourself (and bend support while your at it]

THATS CHEAP &lt;- righ there i would say $50-$70 for the bumper plus ship[ping, then just w/e paint is.

Oh, installing a rear bumper is caaaakkkeee
Old 01-07-2005, 12:51 PM
#1 Super Guy

Received 124 Likes on 118 Posts
Default Re: (monicle)

That is what I payed (not me personally, but the guy that backed into me) to replace & color match my front bumper. Make sure they color match your paint. If they just lay down paint based on the factory code, it won't look the same. The sun fades your original paint, and even a little difference is noticable.

You better call her insurance right away & make sure they will pay for it.
Old 01-07-2005, 01:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: EK accident+Pics (blacks13ek)

lookin good-
Old 01-07-2005, 01:50 PM

i have a brand new from honda 99-00 bumper for sale could save u a little $.
Old 01-07-2005, 03:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: EK accident+Pics (Can'tCatchMe)

I just got rear ended also and thanks to the bodyshop estimate I got a new mugen bumper with colormatch ($1600 estimate). So dont think thats low bud, take full advantage of her insurance.
Old 01-07-2005, 03:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: EK accident+Pics (hondadesign)

Sorry bro Goodluck on the fix.
Old 01-07-2005, 03:36 PM

it aint that bad
Old 01-07-2005, 03:58 PM

Default Re: (vsm98civic)

I cant quit looking at (vsm98civic) avatar! SHES SO HOT!
Old 01-07-2005, 04:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (sleeping GIANT)

You kidding? I can't quite looking at hondadesign's avatar.
Who is that btw?
Old 01-07-2005, 04:05 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by blacks13ek &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">geeze scares me to think what a complete paint job would cost. On the qoute it said something about "tint" and "color match" whats that about? Its black!
</TD></TR></TABLE>

complete factory style paint job. Youd probably be looking at $2500+ depending on color and damage thats on the car. Tint and color matching can take a while on a black with pearl which is what honda uses. If the pearl flops wierd when the sun hits one panel will look like it has a golden tint in the black while the rest is black. It can take a while to color match bro. I do it and it sucks on some cars. Some cars take 8shades of colors to make that factory color. Also just because your car is "Factory Honda Black" the painter will look teh code up in the comp mixer and it may give 3 shades for that code. Reason is the factory uses diff manufacture paint when one runs out so a car with say EBP built in Jan will be diff than one built in August. Any dumbass can paint but it takes a pro to get the color to match and lay smooth on the car. Also btw my car got scraped in the rear a few years ago and I brought it around to get qoutes and just to replace a bumper or refurbish and repaint just a bumper was $450 thats just paint and bumper. The shops in your area are quoting some decent deals if your using high quality paint.
Old 01-07-2005, 04:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Re3irth)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Re3irth &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">You kidding? I can't quite looking at hondadesign's avatar.
Who is that btw?
</TD></TR></TABLE>

keyra-agustina.nicheservers.com

Modified by hondadesign at 1:50 PM 1/9/2005
Old 01-07-2005, 05:53 PM

Default Re: (soken)

"it aint that bad" to me it is because in the back of my head ill always know i have that one little scratch. TO the people who said take advantage of her insurance. I do not believe that is the right way to go. Insurance in New jersey is very high. I would not want to put any more stress on a single female. So she called me today and we talked about the accident. I told her I would fax a copy of the estimates to her job. I also told her 400$ and it will be even. The ebay idea doesnt sound bad. But i am a little skeptical of buying any part for my car off ebay. (Don't flame me for this I know some have got crazy deals off ebay but im not taking chances.) But the tuner in me is saying "Get that carbon fiber hood"
Old 01-07-2005, 05:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

paint looks like $hi% anyway
Old 01-07-2005, 06:08 PM

Default Re: (atsdelsol)

No it really doesnt. Im not sure why the camera gave my paint a bad name : ( but in that pic you can tell the paint is nice
Old 01-09-2005, 12:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

DISCALAIMER***NOT A FLAME***
Let me tell you about the last incident I had, I was at a stoplight on a downward slope and suddenly a also felt that **CRUNCH** I pulled a right to get outta traffic and to check my car. bumper was broken off, the hatchlid dented in and first thing she tells me "WAS YOU CAR LIKE THAT ALREADY??" then she goes on to ask me if I had a stick shift car and i say yes I do. She then says i must have rolled back into her when she hit me, and thats why the damage was so bad. !!!I would have had to put the car in reverse!!! . After DAYS of so called negotiations and settlement offers I got what I need to get my car back to how it looked.
Ive been in 3 accidents (all not my fault) and EVERY SINGLE F*CKING TIME either their insurance or the person who hit me has tried to either make it partially my fault or not want to cover all my medical and auto (try getting out of bed and missing a week of work after being t-boned in your hatch by a ford ranger). All im saying is that that has been my experience and I dont want to see someone else try to "do the right thing" and get taken advantage of. You and her pay a lot of money for insurance coverage and they need to pay up when its their obligation to do so.
Old 01-09-2005, 05:30 PM

dang ..sorry to hear that

Quick Reply: EK accident+Pics