Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

EG rear speaker panels

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2005, 10:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EG rear speaker panels

are these still obtainable? i want rear speakres for my 92 CX. do i really need the covers and the bracket?
Old 01-20-2005, 11:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: EG rear speaker panels (ieatrice)

Didn't the Si's come with them? If so, you can order it from the dealer.

http://www.slhondaparts.com/br...INING
Old 01-20-2005, 11:08 PM
OG Tech

Yes, if you want a clean and proper rear speaker, you need the covers and brackets. But if you don’t want to do that, you can cut a hole and drill the speakers on the outside of the cx covers.
Old 01-20-2005, 11:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: EG rear speaker panels (BlueIntegraBoy)

oOo 22 bucks a side.. not bad!!
Old 01-20-2005, 11:24 PM
#1 Super Guy

Received 124 Likes on 118 Posts

There are like 8 different pieces you need for the factory fit (not worth it IMO)...

In this pic its 11,20,9,18
Order here:

In this pic its 2,3,5,8
Order here:
Old 01-20-2005, 11:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: EG rear speaker panels (94eg!)

arghh.. so i guess i do need more than just the covers. man, now i'm thinking.. is it really worth it??
Old 01-20-2005, 11:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i like to hear lil jon saying YEAH! in the rear speakers.
Old 01-20-2005, 11:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ieatrice &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">arghh.. so i guess i do need more than just the covers. man, now i'm thinking.. is it really worth it??</TD></TR></TABLE>

its worth it if you want 4 speakers instead of just 2 in the front hehe. Or..... you could spend no money at all and just put 2 holes in your cargo cover for some 6x9's . The cover and the seats makes an encloser for the rear which acts like a box . Makes some pretty good bass
Old 01-20-2005, 11:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: EG rear speaker panels (pinoyrukus)

oOo that's actually a pretty good idea
Old 01-21-2005, 12:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

yup actually it is, prolly half the hatches on here have done it (prolly the ones i seen in this area hehe ), looks pretty clean and stock looking.

Just make sure you have your holes perfectly centered or that shiz going to look retarded HAHAHAHA
Old 01-21-2005, 12:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: EG rear speaker panels (pinoyrukus)

lol thanks for the heads up
Old 01-21-2005, 03:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

The easiest way out is 2 holes in the cargo speakers like mentioned. I have that in my EG although its mainly because the replacement board i got had the holes there and i never got around to making a bracket. The pieces you need from the dealer for both sides is not worth buying. Its approx 160-180 each side. IF you buy anything, just buy the cover. All the hatchs come prewired so you just need to reach down and find the harness with the plug. For clean connection buy the plug that fits from the dealer. Then using the diagrams posted above and what you see in front of u in the car, measure distances etc and fabricate your own bracket for the speaker. Just be sure you make a good solid mount or you loose a bit of sound quality. Again, cheap way out... metal bracket, holes, nut and bolt. Drill if necessary or so desired. If youre an audiophile then buy some dynamat and place it on the fender behind the speakers while ur at it.
Old 01-21-2005, 05:05 AM
rhd

what's the point? if you have too strong a rear fill you'll **** up your entire sound stage.

why not just get GOOD speakers for the front (rainbow/cdt/etc...) and just skip the rear fill completely?
Old 01-21-2005, 05:32 AM

Default Re: (xhardcoresucksx)

I did a custom 93 accord rear speaker grille on my 95dx cargo cover looks clean. Also covered it with graphite grey vinyl to go with my seats and door panels. No pics though sorry gettin a cam soon.
Old 01-21-2005, 07:20 AM
#1 Super Guy

Default Re: (GreenEgHatch)

Spend the money on good front speakers, and a small amp for them. This will sound a thousand times better than just adding 2 more speakers to your head unit. Head units can't put out enough power (RMS) to drive speakers properly. When they say 45 wats, that is peak power . An amp that has 45 watts RMS, can produce around 90 watts peak. Thats WAY better sound quality.

I too wanted to add rear speakers, but once I heard a good two speaker setup, I never wanted to go back. Rear speakers do mess up the sound stage.
Old 01-21-2005, 08:20 AM

most of the serious car audio folks unplug (or take out) the rear speakers altogether. do what a few others have suggested...spend the money on good components in front and an amp.

Old 01-21-2005, 08:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (doughboy_88)

How about four speakers running on an amp?
Think that'll sound better than just two??
(Can you hear the sarcasm in my voice?)

I have all four-speakers(with an amp)... sounds infinitely better than the two.
Old 01-21-2005, 08:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (94eg!)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 94eg! &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Spend the money on good front speakers, and a small amp for them. This will sound a thousand times better than just adding 2 more speakers to your head unit. Head units can't put out enough power (RMS) to drive speakers properly. When they say 45 wats, that is peak power . An amp that has 45 watts RMS, can produce around 90 watts peak. Thats WAY better sound quality.

I too wanted to add rear speakers, but once I heard a good two speaker setup, I never wanted to go back. Rear speakers do mess up the sound stage. </TD></TR></TABLE>

i have 4 speakers up front (MB quart components) with a 50x2rms amp and a 12" sub. i've never felt the need for rear speakers 5 is enough.
Old 01-21-2005, 08:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (mwieczorek43)

i dont know guys. i have type alpine type s speakers in the front right now and honestly, it doesn't sound to good cuz i dont hear any sound behind me. i'm sure my passengers dont hear that much either. that's the reason why i wanted rear speakers
Old 01-21-2005, 08:41 AM

i got rear speaker panels up for sale, i just stripped my car and i wont be needing them
Old 01-21-2005, 08:47 AM

Default Re: EG rear speaker panels (dumpedeg6)

six by nines. do it x to the z xzibit style and pimp my ride
Old 01-21-2005, 08:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: EG rear speaker panels (red.ek)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by red.ek &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">six by nines. do it x to the z xzibit style and pimp my ride</TD></TR></TABLE>
Yeah, what he said ^^^
Old 01-21-2005, 08:59 AM

if you decide to get them get them from a junkyard hella cheap
Old 01-21-2005, 09:14 AM
#1 Super Guy

Default Re: EG rear speaker panels (92orangeeg)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mwieczorek43 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">How about four speakers running on an amp?
Think that'll sound better than just two??
(Can you hear the sarcasm in my voice?)

I have all four-speakers(with an amp)... sounds infinitely better than the two. </TD></TR></TABLE>

You need a head unit with time correction to be able to get a proper sound stage when using 4 speakers. The problem with that is your passenger(s) won't get the same effect; the distortion will be amplified from their seating postitions. If you know about sound, then you already know this. If that doesn't matter to you, then you shouldn't spend a whole lot of money for just rear speakers. Do it the least expensive way possible, but don't hack up your interior.

The rear deck is not sealed from the rest of the interior, so neither a sealed, nor ported speaker box effect is produced. The rear deck is a good place to mount speakers because of the rear window. It will reflect sound forward to your ears, which is what you want. The only problem is they will be in plain view for theives.
Old 01-21-2005, 09:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: EG rear speaker panels (92orangeeg)

I am not a big stereo buff but wanted a little something extra in my 93 hatch so I decided to go with 2 rear speakers. I tried to find those factory brackets but couldn't find them anywhere so ended up making something that was fairly easy and very cheap. A couple of metal brackets I made and bent to fit. Bolted the speakers to it and it is solid as a rock. Doesn't look that bad either but its covered up anyway with the plastic body panel cover.

I then took the original cover, cut a hole in it for the speaker and then covered the hole with some fabric from the inside. Looked really nice, but the fabric started coming off, so I have to fix that.

But if you like, I can take some photos of my rear speaker home-made brackets if you want in a couple of hours and post them up.

Let me know.

Quick Reply: EG rear speaker panels