Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

EG Measurements Pls Pls Pls Help!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2008, 04:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EG Measurements Pls Pls Pls Help!!!!

Ok, I really need some help from ppl with EG hatch's which hopefully the front end stock.....my problem is here, I wrote off my car awhile back, had to replace the whole front end, fenders, hood, headlights, and the upper support bar(is what i think its called, the black piece where the headlights attatch to) anyways I have a carbon fiber hood, and although the gaps arent correct on either side, I just want to know if its the hood or my car thats outta wack, cause the passenger headlight is touching the front bumper cover and my hood is putting wear onto the passenger headlight, so if someone could help me out with these measurements I need, and respond to how I have it listed ex: Firewall=40" or whatever....I just want to know cause I think I may have welded the "front upper support bar" in a little crooked, and just want to know what the stock measurements are.....(very sorry if this is confusing) if need to I can try to reword for ya lol

anyways heres a pic....

Old 09-25-2008, 05:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: EG Measurements Pls Pls Pls Help!!!! (Lil_Wyte)

There's no way that anyone can give you those measurements with any degree of accuracy. You don't know what point they're measuring from. And even a very small difference will cause your hood and headlights to not sit right.

You need to look for a body shop that has a rack. I don't know the name for it except by it's slang "rack" but it's a machine that has a bunch of hooks and chains that are attached to various points on your chassis and it's computerized to pull your chassis back to factory spec.

Either that or just have a regular body shop straighten it out for you by eye.
Old 09-25-2008, 07:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: EG Measurements Pls Pls Pls Help!!!! (baller status)

contact a body shop. they can give you the measurements they use for there frame machine. thats the only accurate way to check it.
Old 09-25-2008, 09:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Also to add that different measuring tapes read differently, they're just not accurate. One could be 40" and 7/8ths, and another could be 40" and 5/8ths.
Old 09-25-2008, 09:40 AM

Default Re: EG Measurements Pls Pls Pls Help!!!! (Lil_Wyte)

Ive got the full unibody specs. Get a hold of me and I'll forward them, its a whole pdf file. For quick reference "headlights" deminsions are actually from your two front inner fender bolts, the specs on this are (1302mm) ( this is usually done by a tram gauge). I work at a body shop and ideally a frame machine would be the choice to go, but doing point to point measurements can be very effective.

Modified by 95b16hatch at 11:52 PM 9/25/2008