Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

EG duckbill spoilers

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2005, 11:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EG duckbill spoilers

Where does everyone get them from...for good prices thnx. Or sell me yours EG2jdm@aol.com
Old 05-04-2005, 11:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: EG duckbill spoilers (HollywoodEG6)

http://www.google.com

I got like 2000 results.
Old 05-04-2005, 11:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: EG duckbill spoilers (mwieczorek43)

h-t sponsor marketplace
Old 05-04-2005, 12:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: EG duckbill spoilers (butters)

VIS company makes them they are very nice quality and are priced between $200-250 ! but they are worth it !
Old 05-04-2005, 01:17 PM

Default Re: EG duckbill spoilers (rw92civic)

**** Vis ... This isn't even a technical question you freakin' moron go post a thread like this somewhere else... In my honest opinion duckbill spoilers are for "ricers" because 1)you won't be going fast enough to get the down force effect and 2)now a days all them little kiddys get it just for looks(like most people) so why waste a good 2-3 hundred dollars? I mean correct me if I'm wrong but I think it's flat out stupid...

New school "jdm"
Old 05-04-2005, 01:25 PM

Default Re: EG duckbill spoilers (Cboy1-EG6)

Hey i got a carbon fiber duckbill for sale $150.00 shipped. email for some pics and more info
mictek21@aol.com
Old 05-04-2005, 01:25 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^^^ You're the moron. Duckbills aren't made for downforce. They are to direct the air up and away from the rear end. And so what if people get them for looks its their money, not yours. And you need to learn what your're talking about before you call people a moron. Jackass

VIS makes good wings, just make sure to wax it occasionally. Unless you really wanna upgrade to the Blingtastic SPOON wing.
Old 05-04-2005, 01:59 PM

Default Re: EG duckbill spoilers (jaedaSC)

Psh Vis is for ignorant newbs that think they're the only supplier for "grade A" carbon fiber ****... They're **** is sloppy and for those who think Vis is the **** is sad because they don't know what they're missing out on... And nice it's for the air to repel up... Obviously ********...
Old 05-04-2005, 02:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Cboy1-EG6 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">**** Vis ... This isn't even a technical question you freakin' moron go post a thread like this somewhere else... In my honest opinion duckbill spoilers are for "ricers" because 1)you won't be going fast enough to get the down force effect and 2)now a days all them little kiddys get it just for looks(like most people) so why waste a good 2-3 hundred dollars? I mean correct me if I'm wrong but I think it's flat out stupid...

New school "jdm" </TD></TR></TABLE><TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Cboy1-EG6 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Psh Vis is for ignorant newbs that think they're the only supplier for "grade A" carbon fiber ****... They're **** is sloppy and for those who think Vis is the **** is sad because they don't know what they're missing out on... And nice it's for the air to repel up... Obviously ********...</TD></TR></TABLE>

whoa whoa settle down there newbie...
Old 05-04-2005, 02:19 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Dude, WTF is your problem. Its not your money and you've said your opinion so shut the **** up. He asked where to get them from and for how much. Not "What is your personal opinion of CF Duckbill wings, and what is there purpose?" So get a ******* life and quit trying to down people and what they want!!

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Soccerking3000 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

whoa whoa settle down there newbie...</TD></TR></TABLE>

HAHA, I found that funny.
Old 05-04-2005, 02:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Cboy1-EG6 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Psh Vis is for ignorant newbs that think they're the only supplier for "grade A" carbon fiber ****... They're **** is sloppy and for those who think Vis is the **** is sad because they don't know what they're missing out on... And nice it's for the air to repel up... Obviously ********...</TD></TR></TABLE>

and i have a vis hood and you know what, its awesome, perfect fitment and great weave, and for the duckbill acting as a spoiler, its not for that you fucktard, do you want downforce on the rear of the car? NO if anything get a splitter for the front canards. AS to waht jaedaSC said about duckbills and the way they operate is true. With the stock wing the turbulence that is created behind the car effectively limits top speed, there was a test between a coupe and hatch everything else the same and the coupe was able to go faster (same weight as well). just because of the different body style, i think you should end yourself before you come on here and start talking **** about something you obviouslyknow nothing about
Old 05-04-2005, 02:38 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: EG duckbill spoilers (Soccerking3000)

TURBULENCE!!! Thats the word I couldn't remember in the middle of my rant.

I would say Cboy has been OWNED!
Old 05-04-2005, 03:32 PM

I will say what I damn well please... Psh you own these nuts in your mouth bitch!
Old 05-04-2005, 03:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Cboy1-EG6 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Psh </TD></TR></TABLE>
I think you poped a tire.
Old 05-04-2005, 03:41 PM

Default Re: EG duckbill spoilers (fasthatchb18c1)

lol I love making people angry
Old 05-04-2005, 03:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

yeah but if you do it to the wrong ppl your just going to get banned so I would slow it down a little.
Old 05-04-2005, 03:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jaedaSC &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">^^^ You're the moron. Duckbills aren't made for downforce. They are to direct the air up and away from the rear end. And so what if people get them for looks its their money, not yours. And you need to learn what your're talking about before you call people a moron. Jackass

VIS makes good wings, just make sure to wax it occasionally. Unless you really wanna upgrade to the Blingtastic SPOON wing.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I almost want to pretend that this wasn't posted... but saying that a duckbill isn't for downforce is RETARDED.

A duckbill is a wing... the wind hits it... and is forced up... and the "equal and opposite reaction" is that the car gets pushed down. Its called physics. I'd suggest you stop calling people morons... when you don't know wtf you are talking about.

The other issue... is if the guy wants one... why not? Its his car... i doubt he'll be at the speeds where its helpful.

I personally wouldn't mind having one if someone gave me one... i could use it on TRACK at 100mph+ braking zones... car needs more stability back there. As it is, I'm just going to find a cheap *** ricer wing and mount it to a spare oem wing... then i can use it just for track.

Wings serve a purpose... most people just never actually are in a situation where they are functional.
Old 05-04-2005, 03:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: EG duckbill spoilers (splitime)

for the people that actaully use them for downforce then they work but for most other people on thier highway pulls et cetera it aids in acceleration because of the less tubulence behind the car, of course there isnt a huge difference but its there. Expecially for drag racing where you want more force on the front wheels where the power is not the opposite...
Old 05-04-2005, 04:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Cboy1-EG6 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">lol I love making people angry </TD></TR></TABLE>

keep up your bullshit and you will find yourself knocking on another forums door.

your talking about 'newbs'..

User Statistics

27 posts (0.47 posts per day on average)
Cboy1-EG6 last posted at 7:41 PM 5/4/2005
Cboy1-EG6 has been a member for 57 days.

/reported

have a nice day assclown.

Old 05-04-2005, 04:15 PM
Risky Business

Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Cboy1-EG6 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">lol I love making people angry </TD></TR></TABLE>

Make me angry.
Old 05-04-2005, 04:30 PM

Default Re: EG duckbill spoilers (splitime)

[QUOTE=splitime]
A duckbill is a wing... the wind hits it... and is forced up... and the "equal and opposite reaction" is that the car gets pushed down. Its called physics. I'd suggest you stop calling people morons... when you don't know wtf you are talking about.

See that's what I meant to say and that's what I mean you *****... Telling me no duckbills aren't for downforce and **** saying oh its turbulence and blah blah w/e you fucktards go blow yourselves for those that doubted what I said...
Old 05-04-2005, 04:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I got one of the cheap ones from ebay and have no complaints whatsoever
Old 05-04-2005, 04:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Cboy1-EG6 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">See that's what I meant to say and that's what I mean you *****... Telling me no duckbills aren't for downforce and **** saying oh its turbulence and blah blah w/e you fucktards go blow yourselves for those that doubted what I said...</TD></TR></TABLE>

who the **** do you think you are coming here being a complete ****, you are by far the most arrogant ******** i have ever met, learn shut your ******* mouth for once, its really not all that hard to douchebags such as yourself
Old 05-04-2005, 04:56 PM

Default Re: EG duckbill spoilers (BauleyCivic)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BauleyCivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Make me angry.</TD></TR></TABLE>

-they should really have clapping hands for this sort of moment-
Old 05-04-2005, 05:22 PM

yeah .. Cboy1-EG6 is right .. a cf duckbill was designed to be a light-weight spoiler that provides downforce on the car .. but all the replicas SUCK! VIS, JDMSh!t, EBAY, etc .. If you want something that works .. spend the money .. SPOON BABY! perfect fitment .. slopes higher .. smaller weaves .. FUNCTION OVER FASHION .. GO REAL OR GO HOME!

Quick Reply: EG duckbill spoilers