Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

EG Body Kit

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2008, 07:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EG Body Kit

ok, i know most of you really don't like body kits, but i want to go ahead and put one on mine. I bought myself the haynes extreme manual and i was reading that it says to make sure you find one that will fit well because a lot of them won't. Does anyone know a good place to look for these? I've been searching all over the internet but of course they all say they will fit. Are certian sites more trustworthy than others? And what do you guys think about this one

http://www.autosportz.com/body...s.htm

Please don't post just to say look around, or don't buy one. I want to buy one, and I am searching all over the web, just want to get a second and third opinion.
Old 01-29-2008, 07:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: EG Body Kit (austinkli)

umm...i know you dont want people telling you "not to buy...blah blah" but dude...PLEASE tell me you aren't going to be getting that wing for the car pleaseeeeeee.

if you are getting it..i will NOT tell you where to get body kits.
Old 01-29-2008, 07:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

lol Probot.

If you want a fitting body kit, I guess the polyurethane ones will fit better than fiber glass ones.
Old 01-29-2008, 07:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (EK_B)

Polyurethane would be better if you decide to get a body kit. It will flex more than fiberglass, depending on how much force it applied. But, polyurethane will weigh (than fiberglass) more, depending on what kit you would get.
Old 01-29-2008, 07:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: EG Body Kit (Probot)

no, not the wing, and not the rims on that one. I like the side skirts and front and rear though. I like the tiny *** wing with the light in the back. not the tall wings and not the watermelon rack lookin wings.
Old 01-29-2008, 08:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (bafbrian)

i'm not really too worried about the weight. I'm not tryin to turn it into a race car or anything. just something I'm happy to see when i walk outside.
Old 01-29-2008, 09:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I think that kit really isnt bad at all, just looks like its got a mugen front lip on the front bumper, and the rest isnt gaudy at all.
Old 01-29-2008, 10:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (VtecCivic93)

thanks, do you think it's a decent price. someone told me just get the bumper covers but i kind of want the side skirts too.
Old 01-29-2008, 11:08 AM

looks like its just a lip kit which should be way cheaper than $700. try passwordjdm.com
Old 01-29-2008, 12:21 PM
H-T White Ops

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

That's a lip kit, not a body kit. Body kits would mean replacing the entire bumper.

Most people on Honda-Tech actually love lip kits (depending on the kit).
Old 01-29-2008, 01:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (NOFX)

its not a lip kit, that lip doesnt come off the car. Its pretty much the mugen front bumper "jdm" but that lip is apart of the bumper it doesnt come off.

Edit: ok i guess that is just the lip, but it looks identical too the JDM mugen front bumper, which has that same lip but attached, u cant take it off.
Old 01-29-2008, 01:40 PM
HT White Ops

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by VtecCivic93 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">its not a lip kit, that lip doesnt come off the car. Its pretty much the mugen front bumper "jdm" but that lip is apart of the bumper it doesnt come off.

Edit: ok i guess that is just the lip, but it looks identical too the JDM mugen front bumper, which has that same lip but attached, u cant take it off.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Your information is DEAAAADDDDD wrong.

There is no "JDM Mugen front bumper" for a 92-95 Civic. There is the Mugen Ferio lip and the Mugen 3DR Lip. They are lips. They attach to the stock front bumper, and are completely removable. Both are discontinued, but the WWRS front lip is a replica of the Mugen lip for the 3DR.

Old 01-29-2008, 02:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Eran)

K
Old 01-29-2008, 05:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

how about the altezzal lights i recomend getting the one with neon light in them.lol

lip are good body kits are not
Old 01-29-2008, 05:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Dead CIVIC)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Dead CIVIC &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
lip are good <U>body kits are not</U></TD></TR></TABLE> not absolutely true, depending on car. and i do mean within the honda family...
Old 01-31-2008, 05:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (pdotjones)

1st off I recommend throwing a lip kit on it as a pose to a full body kit (esp the carbon fiber ones if your car's color works with it)...maybe even a diffuser for the rear, but if you insist on getting a body kit, get a urethane one, not that fiberglass crap! fiberglass chips and breaks easier than urethane and urethane. if the body kit says it'll fit your car it prolly will unless the company is full of it. the question is how well it will fit. usually the rule of thumb with body kits is the more you spend on the kit, the less you will spend at the body shop having them modify it to have it fit. you can have as much money wrapped up in a cheap kit making it fit as a more expensive kit. a body kit is actually something you want to splurge on a little bit...I'm not saying go and buy a $2k kit, but get a good one. one thing is for sure, take it to a reputable body shop to have the work done! it will look 110% better!
one other thing,...try to have it painted asap. that annoys me when people drive around a car for a year or 2 with a body kit on and no primer or anything. and take it all the way with wheels and tires, headlights and tails, just build yourself a show car man...my preference is the sleeper look, but if you gotta put a body kit on it, just make sure that its not all show and no go. good luck!
Old 01-31-2008, 10:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (joshc697)

yea, as for the body shop, my step dad is going to help me, he has done body work for 24 years and is really really good at it. So do you guys think it'd be better to just get the mugen style front bumper? I gotta get a whole new bumper anyway cause mine is cracked, the guy that had it before me ran into a stump. I the kit said it was a 4 piece which means it has the side skirts too which means it is a body kit actually. what about the rear, does anyone know what style that bumper is similiar to? I like the sleeper look too. That's why i'm getting a very simple kit for it. just make it look lowered a little, and give it a little bit of style. all in all i want to keep a sleeper look for the most part though so that when i put a b16a in it.....
Anyone else know of any clean styles that fit what i'm lookin for?
Old 01-31-2008, 10:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (austinkli)

well you could always put something like this on there. lol j/k

http://www.mental-motors.com/r...n.htm