Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

ECU question

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2005, 07:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ECU question

I have a 95 civic ex coupe with a d16z6 motor with vtec in it. i previously hear that you can increase the power of your vtec with a better ecu. there is a crx in town that is getting a JDMd15 with a p08 ecu and he said that his vtec is going to greatly increase and give him more power so i figure if i can get more power out of my d16z6 with vtec with an ecu i would get one to go along with a future turbo kit. just let me know what you think, and any suggestions.
Old 01-08-2005, 07:28 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: ECU question (slow_redcivic)

B16 DOHC Vtec > SOHC vtec w/ turbo

motor swap IMO
Old 01-08-2005, 07:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

ok um im confused

you have vtec already, you have a d16z6

you have vtec ecu as well, and one of the better ones, a p28 (awesome for chipping)

you cant 'increase your vtec power', you can change fuel and air mapping to increase your power, but its not like vtec is a magical power supply that just increases with a new ecu. Do you even know how vtec works? Ok so get hondata, that way you can tune your car, but before you do that change your engine or get a turbo so you can acutally use the hondata
Old 01-08-2005, 09:00 PM

Default Re: (turbotime)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by turbotime &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">ok um im confused

you have vtec already, you have a d16z6

you have vtec ecu as well, and one of the better ones, a p28 (awesome for chipping)

you cant 'increase your vtec power', you can change fuel and air mapping to increase your power, but its not like vtec is a magical power supply that just increases with a new ecu. Do you even know how vtec works? Ok so get hondata, that way you can tune your car, but before you do that change your engine or get a turbo so you can acutally use the hondata</TD></TR></TABLE>

I honestly don't think he asked that. Cut him some slack and actually answer his question like a human being and honestly I don't think anyone thinks you are cool because you were an ******* to someone with 4 posts. New members are good for this site and shouldn't be bashed into never coming back.

No you have one of the best ecu's available for your car. Like meanie said, the only thing a different ecu would change the air and fuel mapping to provide more power. That would increase power from 1-7k rpms, not just in vtec. Hondata is a system that allows you to tune your ecu, I'm not incredibly familiar with it.

http://www.hondata.com &lt; They seem to know a lot about this product

ps: If you want to know how Vtec works then use the "Search" feature located in the upper right hand corner of the page. Also, if you have a ?, chances are it has already been asked here and answered so try searching before posting.

Welcome to H-T.