Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

ebay steering wheels?

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2007, 07:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ebay steering wheels?

the cheap steerin wheels and adapter things off ebay. they worth any thing and mostly are they safe?
Old 11-22-2007, 07:45 PM

Default Re: ebay steering wheels? (98exturd)

If you want a cheap steering wheel, just go to advanced auto and buy one there...But I have no experience with steering wheels off of ebay, but I'm sure you will be fine if you decide to purchase one...I bought my egay intake and it works like a charm, best 20$ I spent...Fawk AEM
Old 11-22-2007, 07:51 PM

i would rather get a authentic nardi steering with nrg hub..
Old 11-22-2007, 08:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

And I rather not spend 500 on a steering wheel... just my opinion when stock works great.
Old 11-22-2007, 08:22 PM
Ek Forever y0!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: (Ron454321)

find a compatible oem one you like with a working airbag.

That will be safe.
Old 11-22-2007, 08:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Yeah the TypeR momos are pretty damn nice, although I must say I haven't used many momo wheels I didn't like, especially my WRX one.
Old 11-22-2007, 09:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (Ron454321)

They work great, you just have to watch out from who you buy them from. I bought this from our distributor, he called me up one day, told me he had a new line of wheels that had oem Honda center buttons. For the price I jumped on it, since I had nothing in my car since thieves stole it. He said he sells them all the time and they compare to the ebay ones.

Old 11-22-2007, 09:06 PM

Default Re: (ek forever guy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ek forever guy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">find a compatible oem one you like with a working airbag.

That will be safe.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Airbags in a honda??? WTf is that a new invention or something!?!

Old 11-22-2007, 09:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (ek forever guy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ek forever guy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">find a compatible oem one you like with a working airbag.</TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 11-23-2007, 09:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i bought a ebay steering wheel and it sucks but i had no money at the time and had to replace my grant wheel. i would much rather have an oem wheel
Old 11-23-2007, 09:30 AM

they work great. my mother gave me one for christmas cause she thought it was authentic mugen.lmao
well it's the thought that counts damn it.

anyways i had it on my ej1 and never had a problem
Old 11-23-2007, 09:53 AM

they all work the same. depending if you want to go with something pricy or cheap. i would rather go with a name brand like momo. but hey thats just me.
Old 11-23-2007, 10:54 AM

I have the same one pictured above but without the H logo. I like it and with the hub it was arround 60 bucks!! A nice wheel.
Old 11-23-2007, 11:03 AM
Unceasing Measure

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: (Bejita)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Bejita &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I have the same one pictured above but without the H logo. I like it and with the hub it was arround 60 bucks!! A nice wheel.</TD></TR></TABLE>

"Upgrading" from an airbag to a metal circle. Nice.
Old 11-23-2007, 12:10 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

how do u define safe? some people claim non air bag steering wheels are safer..anyways..it depends on individual..i bought a ebay steering wheel before..the quality is ok..does the job but i ended up getting a momo steering wheel
Old 11-23-2007, 12:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ebay steering wheels? (crazyguy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RCautoworks &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">They work great, you just have to watch out from who you buy them from. I bought this from our distributor, he called me up one day, told me he had a new line of wheels that had oem Honda center buttons. For the price I jumped on it, since I had nothing in my car since thieves stole it. He said he sells them all the time and they compare to the ebay ones.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

I like it!
Old 11-23-2007, 02:04 PM
Unceasing Measure

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: ebay steering wheels? (crazyguy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by crazyguy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">how do u define safe? some people claim non air bag steering wheels are safer..anyways..it depends on individual..i bought a ebay steering wheel before..the quality is ok..does the job but i ended up getting a momo steering wheel </TD></TR></TABLE>

I can't think of a single situation in which a non-airbag steering wheel would be safer than its SRS equivalent. If your face and torso are flying forward at 100mph in a crash, a fluffy bag of air is going to be a lot more forgiving than a metal ring with some Taiwanese padding slapped on.
Old 11-23-2007, 03:09 PM

Default Re: (Archidictus)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Archidictus &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

"Upgrading" from an airbag to a metal circle. Nice.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Bro....I was more than happy to take that POS airbag out of my car. I've been T-boned twice on the drivers side and been in a truck that flipped across 3 lanes with no seatbelt and none of the cars had airbags. I had minor injuries in all wrecks. Luck you say?? Maybe....But an airbag would have hurt more than helped. The couple that t-boned me the first time had airbags and they were both mangled.

Airbags....no thanks.
Old 11-23-2007, 03:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Bejita &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Bro....I was more than happy to take that POS airbag out of my car. I've been T-boned twice on the drivers side and been in a truck that flipped across 3 lanes with no seatbelt and none of the cars had airbags. I had minor injuries in all wrecks. Luck you say?? Maybe....But an airbag would have hurt more than helped. The couple that t-boned me the first time had airbags and they were both mangled.

Airbags....no thanks.</TD></TR></TABLE>

wow...thats as logical as your title...
Old 11-23-2007, 03:26 PM

Default Re: (The Lobster)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Bejita &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Airbags....no thanks.</TD></TR></TABLE>

i've herd this arguement with seatbelts but never airbags. when i wrecked my car i had a grant wheel and i hit it, it buckled towards the dash and it would have helped some of the gashes on my face if i had an airbag.

i wish i had airbags then....

Old 11-23-2007, 03:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

steering wheel airbags don't deploy if you get T-Boned. Only when your hit in the front.
Old 11-23-2007, 03:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by The Lobster &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

wow...thats as logical as your title...</TD></TR></TABLE>

have you been around an airbag that blew up? lol those things are crazy powerful. We blew some up at school for curiosity.. err i mean experimental purposes and one put a pretty good dent to the trunk of a grand marquis we had.
Old 11-23-2007, 04:00 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by The Lobster &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

wow...that's as logical as your title...</TD></TR></TABLE>

It's my opinion, whether or not you think it's logical is irrelevant.......Are you the owner of my car?? Do you drive my car everyday? Last time I checked.....YOU DON'T!! So don't worry about what the fawk I do brundle fly
Old 11-23-2007, 04:14 PM
Ek Forever y0!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I found s2000 steering wheels with working airbags for ~$100 on car-part.com

Winner.
Old 11-23-2007, 04:25 PM

Default Re: (Archidictus)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Archidictus &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

"Upgrading" from an airbag to a metal circle. Nice.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Quick Reply: ebay steering wheels?