Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Ebay projector lights ....any good? Will my HID kit still be bright?

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2007, 06:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ebay projector lights ....any good? Will my HID kit still be bright?

If I get these from ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.ca/96-98-HONDA...wItem

Would my HID kit still be very bright as it is now in my stock headlights, or are they made to reduce brightness?
Also why is it that in the ebay listing picture the light is blue....even if i have halogen will it be blue, do they ptut something in their ebay lights to make the output blue?

Just wondering cuz i never really looked into this...

I currently has an HID kit 6000K on stock headlights....
I dont wanna buy these from ebay...and then have a gay blue dim lights.... Still want that HID brightness....willl I get it?

Old 04-24-2007, 06:16 PM

Default Re: Ebay projector lights ....any good? Will my HID kit still be bright? (spaceman00)

everyone gets different result.
https://honda-tech.com/zerothread/683685

check that link out might be able to help. good luck
Old 04-24-2007, 06:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Ebay projector lights ....any good? Will my HID kit still be bright? (spaceman00)

Dont do it man most ppl will flame you for having them if u want good HID results retrofit ur stock housing you will be alot more happier with the results
Old 04-24-2007, 06:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

God I am so tired of people saying retro fit. Some people do not have the means to do this plus if done wrong you wasted ALOT of money.

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1948720

^ That is the result with my TYC projectors and a plug and play HID kit. If you are going to do this I would get the TYC projectors for your car because they are better quality than most of the crap on ebay. I am very happy with how mine looks not that I have it adjusted which is really what took the most time.
Old 04-24-2007, 06:39 PM

Default Re: (Manga_Spawn)

I read your thread and someone said that plug and play doesnt work with projector lights....is this true?

I have a plug nd play HID kit....if i get projector lights...will it work....reason im concerned is becaues its off ebay...and return policies are messed up with ebay lol
Old 04-24-2007, 06:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Ummm well I can honestly say they will work. As you can clearly see from my pictures. You just need the correct bulb style for the projectors. Everything else should drop right in same as your current set up.

Edit: See I did mine opposite how you are doing it. I had the headlights first then bought a kit.

Can anyone verify that if he buys different style bulbs for his kit to fit the new lights they will work?
Old 04-24-2007, 06:59 PM
Darth ModerVader

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Manga_Spawn &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Can anyone verify that if he buys different style bulbs for his kit to fit the new lights they will work? </TD></TR></TABLE>

Yes, if he purchases the correct re-based capsules (most likely H3), it will physically work with those headlights (though there may be some minor modification necessary to the rear housing covers, depending upon the design of the lights). How well it will work is a different story.
Old 04-24-2007, 07:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Padawan)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Padawan &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Yes, if he purchases the correct re-based capsules (most likely H3), it will physically work with those headlights (though there may be some minor modification necessary to the rear housing covers, depending upon the design of the lights). How well it will work is a different story. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Wow its dumb crap like this that made me not want to do mine. It does work and with the TYC headlights it looks just as good than any of the $500+ retro fit jobs people on here do. As for flaming expletive them. What about all the people that retro fit the denji projectors? They look the same as any other from the outside but its not "rice" because they are retrofit. Dumb.

Do what you want just read up on your stuff. Anyone that says they do not work in projectors is wrong. Maybe not ALL projectors but definatly some and definatly the TYC ones.

Modified by Manga_Spawn at 8:30 PM 4/24/2007
Old 04-24-2007, 07:14 PM
Darth ModerVader

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Manga_Spawn &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Wow its dumb crap like this that made me not want to do mine. It does work and with the TYC headlights it looks just as good if not better than any of the $500+ retro fit jobs people on here do.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I'd strongly suggest you refrain from making insulting comments, especially since I can assure you that my knowledge of automotive lighting far exceeds yours. You do a very good job of illustrating this fact by claiming that your TYC headlights with a drop-in HID kit have superior output to an actual OEM HID setup.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Manga_Spawn &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> As for flaming expletive them. What about all the people that retro fit the denji projectors? They look the same as any other from the outside but its not "rice" because they are retrofit. Dumb.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I didn't make a comment about how the lights will look, only how they will perform. Both will look virtually identical, but the retro-fitted lights will be vastly superior in terms of lighting performance. That's a fact, not an opinion.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Manga_Spawn &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Do what you want just read up on your stuff. Anyone that says they do not work in projectors is wrong. Maybe not ALL projectors but definatly some and definatly the TYC ones.</TD></TR></TABLE>

No one said they won't work, only that the results will not be ideal. Take a look at actual OEM HID lighting if you want to see why people spend the time and money on them rather than going the "drop-in" route.
Old 04-24-2007, 07:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Alright man whatever. I didn't mean to say better because thats not true. Edited. However for the money it is comparable. My set up cost under $300 and went in with no mods to the headlight. Therefore it makes it much easier if someone doesn't want to either A hack up their stock lights or B hack up the brand new lights they just bought.

I know what I have done and it works. The lighting is fantasic visiblity is very very good and for the price its a cheaper alternative to a retro fit.

I just get tired of reading people's posts saying it will not work or that it will look/function like ****. Niether one are true. I rest my case.
Old 04-24-2007, 07:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

The comment about people flaming the looks was not from you but someone else.
Old 04-24-2007, 08:16 PM
Darth ModerVader

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Manga_Spawn &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">However for the money it is comparable.</TD></TR></TABLE>

It may be simpler and less costly, but the results are not comparable. They're admittedly far better than using an H4 kit in the stock headlights, however. This may be due to the use of H1 projectors, which appear to provide better results than some others in certain cases. As far as drop-in kits go, it seems to be a decent combination. That being said, it isn't clear what types of projectors are used in the eBay lights linked above, nor can it be assumed that the results would be similar to those of the lights you used. Many eBay headlights use inferior projectors, even by halogen standards.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Manga_Spawn &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">someone doesn't want to either A hack up their stock lights or B hack up the brand new lights they just bought</TD></TR></TABLE>

A) Putting a drop-in H4 HID kit into the stock Civic housings will yield very poor results, and B) There isn't always necessarily a great deal of "hacking up" involved in swapping HID projectors into aftermarket projector headlamps.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Manga_Spawn &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I just get tired of reading people's posts saying it will not work or that it will look/function like sh_t. Niether one are true.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Actually, in various situations and with various different components, either of these can be true.
Old 04-24-2007, 08:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

IMO your better off buying HID Projectors and doing a Retro Fit. If you don't wanna go thru the hassle then i would just buy those TYC HID projectors.
Old 04-24-2007, 09:37 PM

Default Re: (uneek360)

If you were to retrofit, use the stock lights and make sure to get bi-xenon projectors. The stock reflector has alot of room to mount the projector. I'd cruise over to HIDPlanet and read up on doing retrofits....

If you do want to just want to get the conversion lights and toss plug n play bulbs into them you should be fine but don't expect OE output/cast. My conversion units plain suck and with the HID pnp they work well but their cast is lacking. WARNING THO- with the purple tinted lens your output will tinged yellow if using 5000k or a pure white or if you get 6000k or blueish white they will have a green tinge to um. My units are 5000k and in non purple tinted lenses the output is pure white, but in the conversion units they turn a pure white with splashed of yellow tinged white....

Either route you go you will need to switch bulbs or bulbs and ballasts....