Ebay Cold Air Intake

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2003, 02:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ebay Cold Air Intake

Sup All!

I saw this air intake on ebay: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...16373

Any thoughts on it?

In theory, it's basically a tube, so brands shouldn't matter. Is this correct?

Thanks!
Old 06-14-2003, 02:04 PM
New User

Default Re: Ebay Cold Air Intake (NetRyderz)

get it along with a nice K&N air filter and you will be okay
Old 06-14-2003, 02:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Ebay Cold Air Intake (WiDeBoDyEK)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by WiDeBoDyEK &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">get it along with a nice K&N air filter and you will be okay </TD></TR></TABLE>

alot of people have posted asking this. they are basically all the same. i agree with widebodyek, get a nice filter and you'll be fine. i'd paint it flat black though. thats what i did, it looks better.
Old 06-14-2003, 02:08 PM

It wont put you in the 12's
Old 06-14-2003, 02:20 PM
I took way too long

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Ebay Cold Air Intake (Pho Real)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Pho Real &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">It wont put you in the 12's</TD></TR></TABLE>

But an AEM V2 will!!!

I have an ebay intake, no probs
Old 06-14-2003, 02:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i wouldn't buy cheap stuff for my engine. anything else i would but not my engine.
Old 06-14-2003, 03:23 PM
at the jetties fishin'

Default Re: Ebay Cold Air Intake (CivHatchH22)

so you'd rather buy a $200 steel pipe over a $30 steel pipe?? wow dude, wish I had that kinda money to burn haha...

a damn steel pipe is a steel pipe...let me go to my local decal maker and have an AEM decal made so I can stick it on one of these cheepies then list it on eBay for ya...

they are identical down to the last detail except the logos which is why the big companies are soo pissed at them (they aren't robbing quite as many people as before blind due to these volume selling rip-offs)...
Old 06-14-2003, 03:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Ebay Cold Air Intake (stackz)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by stackz &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">so you'd rather buy a $200 steel pipe over a $30 steel pipe?? wow dude, wish I had that kinda money to burn haha...

a damn steel pipe is a steel pipe...let me go to my local decal maker and have an AEM decal made so I can stick it on one of these cheepies then list it on eBay for ya...

they are identical down to the last detail except the logos which is why the big companies are soo pissed at them (they aren't robbing quite as many people as before blind due to these volume selling rip-offs)...</TD></TR></TABLE>

they are aluminum pipes.....and they all serve the same purpose, there is NO DIFFERENCE between the mandrel bent, powdercoated AEM intake versus the ebay intake, it's been settled already........you are basically paying $150 for a carb sticker
Old 06-14-2003, 03:47 PM
at the jetties fishin'

Default Re: Ebay Cold Air Intake (SpoonFedHatch)

not all of em are aluminum...I know...I re-used my ebay cheapie for my upper charge pipe on my turbo and only had to mig weld an extension on it...you have to tig weld aluminum...

Old 06-14-2003, 03:47 PM
NrG

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

oem stock is fine
Old 06-14-2003, 03:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i got a blue AEM intake for sale for a 96-00 civic ex. and its not steel or aluminum. ITS ceramic. keeps temp cool inside. Pm me.
Old 06-14-2003, 03:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by stackz &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">so you'd rather buy a $200 steel pipe over a $30 steel pipe?? wow dude, wish I had that kinda money to burn haha...

they are identical down to the last detail except the logos which is why the big companies are soo pissed at them (they aren't robbing quite as many people as before blind due to these volume selling rip-offs)...</TD></TR></TABLE>

well glad we have an expert on our hands. except you are completely wrong. Well in looks alone they are the same, they infact are a bit different. The AEM is mandrel bent with a large enough radius so that they flow well and not just fit well. They do research as to which diameter pipe will work the best for the engine and create the most power, and they use top quality materials and filters. If you buy an ebay intake then buy a good filter you just doubled your cost. You will always get what you pay for, just remember that.

edit: I say the next person that makes a post about these without searching be banned for life.
Old 06-14-2003, 04:01 PM

Default Re: Ebay Cold Air Intake (BigZ88)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BigZ88 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

edit: I say the next person that makes a post about these without searching be banned for life.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I'm with him on this one. This must have been covered 20 times in the last 2 months.
Old 06-14-2003, 04:05 PM
at the jetties fishin'

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">edit: I say the next person that makes a post about these without searching be banned for life.</TD></TR></TABLE>

shut up man, the rip-offs are mandrel bent also and for a cheaper price as they are based off the research that aem put into them. There have actually been a few rip-off companies sued by aem for this very reason...

yes, there are some ceramic intakes but overall...a cold-air kit (whether it cost you $30 or $300) will only add about 5-10hp regardless, so who the hell cares...

for those of you who get boners over being able to say you've got a $200+ AEM cold-air intake, a $120 DC shifter, and a real $800 mugen twin-loop then have at it...I personally will continue to steal my music off winMX and buy rip-off parts on eBay cause I don't give a **** about bling bling factor and brand name recognition...I care about function and getting it cheap.

I'm not an expert but I'm experienced...quit hating, I've already got my clemson degree...you're still working on yours apparently so bow down.
Old 06-14-2003, 04:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by stackz &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

shut up man, the rip-offs are mandrel bent also and for a cheaper price as they are based off the research that aem put into them. There have actually been a few rip-off companies sued by aem for this very reason...

yes, there are some ceramic intakes but overall...a cold-air kit (whether it cost you $30 or $300) will only add about 5-10hp regardless, so who the hell cares...

for those of you who get boners over being able to say you've got a $200+ AEM cold-air intake, a $120 DC shifter, and a real $800 mugen twin-loop then have at it...I personally will continue to steal my music off winMX and buy rip-off parts on eBay cause I don't give a **** about bling bling factor and brand name recognition...I care about function and getting it cheap.

I'm not an expert but I'm experienced...quit hating, I've already got my clemson degree...you're still working on yours apparently so bow down.</TD></TR></TABLE>

so where did you hear about these court cases with AEM? thats very interesting...
5-10 hp is very very good for just an intake ( maybe a peak spike, but that really doesnt mean ****...1-3 hp gains are more typical)
the problem with your statement about function, is the fact that most of your ebay performance parts do not match the performance of the real thing...sorry
and wow, im glad you got your clemson degree, must not have been in a major worth a **** if whatever job you have now only allows for you to buy ebay performance parts man.... that sucks... congrats on wasting your time and money
Old 06-14-2003, 04:30 PM
at the jetties fishin'

lol, I buy ebay parts cause I spend all my money on my woman and I've got 30k in student loans and about $1100 in rent/utilities in atlanta a month heh...

wow, I'm a microbiologist for the food and drug administration so I like to think I've got a decent degree...

don't start hating on me and I won't hate on you. What you said has no merit man. The 5-10hp was an exhaggerated claim as that's what's always claimed by the companies so it was said. Anyway, you seem to be boner man for AEM so have fun over-paying for your ****.

Personally, I have no use for the cold-air kits anyway as I'm running around turbocharged so have fun sucking cold air while I'm getting blown...
Old 06-14-2003, 04:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

you choose to spend money on a woman, i choose to spend it on my car, and WOW you pay alot for rent and utilities. My sister lives in Buckhead and doesnt pay that much and has a DAMN nice appt. A micro biologist, well i guess that explains your expert knowledge on cars and performance parts. I am not any kind of aem *****, just trying to explain why they make a superior product... if you go to my other post you will see that i use a T1R j's racing style intake. I don't use cold air either. and thats a really cute saying, but technically being blown is done with the use of a supercharger
Old 06-14-2003, 04:41 PM
at the jetties fishin'

naw, a turbo is a hair dryer just the same, they both compress air and force it into the combustion chamber.

Unless you prefer the corkscrew effect of a weiand style supercharger because centrifugal superchargers are literally the compressor section of a turbocharger hacked off and driven by engine rotation via a pulley

I've got a very nice automotive upbringing thank you very much. I just prefer to mess with bacterial engines in my daily life instead of mechanical ones (I reserve those as my hobby). Maybe I should have mentioned that the apartment is a 3 bedroom in vinings which I do all to myself (college taught me to hate room-mates heh).

back to my main argument. power gain vs. price...the ebay cheapies are the way to go as you JUST proved earlier...

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">( maybe a peak spike, but that really doesnt mean ****...1-3 hp gains are more typical)</TD></TR></TABLE>

hell, if you only get 1-3hp with a damn $200 AEM...why pay that much?? lol
Old 06-14-2003, 04:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i am saying you are lucky to get any kind of gain from an ebay intake, and 1-3 with an AEM.... I guess there will always be guys like you, then there will be guys like most of the rest of us on here that actually care and buy quality parts.

um, was your description of turbo's and superchargers meant to show that you have some kind of knowledge? because im pretty sure most people here knew everything you just said. All my statement about your being blown was to say that usually blown is reserved for supercharged cars...thats all. nothing more.

edit: again, i hope this gets locked and people learn to use the search function
Old 06-14-2003, 04:50 PM
at the jetties fishin'

jesus christ...whatever man. yeah, lock this thread...

I'm in awe of your wonderful post count and infinite wit. I wish I were as perfect as you are
Old 06-14-2003, 04:55 PM

i have a 4 inch PVC pipe to let more airflow, capped with an APC filter... why would i wanna spend money on a K&N thats been researched and proven to be one of the best? what a waste of money!
Old 06-14-2003, 04:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Ebay Cold Air Intake (munscher)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by munscher &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i have a 4 inch PVC pipe to let more airflow, capped with an APC filter... why would i wanna spend money on a K&N thats been researched and proven to be one of the best? what a waste of money!</TD></TR></TABLE>

yea but when we dynoed your setup we saw a 40 hp gain.... although that was probably from the tornado in the pvc!
Old 06-14-2003, 04:59 PM

no i think most of that 40hp came from the triple loop muffler that i made myself. but i think that gtech is reading a little low anyways...
Old 06-15-2003, 02:14 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BigZ88 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
edit: I say the next person that makes a post about these without searching be banned for life.</TD></TR></TABLE>

FYI: I did perform a search. Nothing real specific was being returned.

"Air Intake" search returned 29 results: Looking at the titles, nothing here seemed to match my question.

"Ebay Air Intake" search returned nothing: Maybe, now we will have something specific available when someone searches.

"Ebay" search returned 62 results: Again, Looking at the titles, nothing here seemed to match my question.

Sorry that I am such an *******. But, I saw the auction and needed an answer within a reasonable amount of time. I was under the impression that you DON'T have to respond to a post if you don't want to.

Oh well! Thanks everyone for the feedback!
Old 06-15-2003, 04:08 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SpoonFedHatch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

you are basically paying $150 for a carb sticker </TD></TR></TABLE>

bullseye

Quick Reply: Ebay Cold Air Intake