Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

E-Bay Header

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2004, 10:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default E-Bay Header

Has anyone purchased or used one of the chrome headers on e-bay? just curious, i was wanting to purchase a header, do not want anything for performance, it is just to replace the current exhaust due to a hole in it. any help would be appreciated.
Old 05-13-2004, 11:02 AM

Default Re: E-Bay Header (beatercivicCX)

They usually rust and start to look like **** pretty quick.... you get what you pay for. If you just need a cheap replacement for stock then hit up your local salvage yard
Old 05-13-2004, 11:07 AM

Default Re: E-Bay Header (h22avid)

what is a good header to purchase, i mean like type ceramic, etc, and where can i get a decent price on one?
Old 05-13-2004, 11:10 AM

Most people have DC headers on thier cars . So i would with a DC sport header. Im not sure where online is the cheapest but start off in ebay.
Old 05-13-2004, 11:40 AM

Default Re: E-Bay Header (LatinSiRacer00)

Most people drink soda but it's not the best thing for your body

DC Sport is ok but certainly not the best. If you just need a replacement and are not concerned with performance then go to salvage. If you insist on buying a cheap after market header, try to find one that is ceramic so you don't have to worry about rust as much.
Old 05-13-2004, 11:45 AM

Not to mention with the ebay header, you'll most likely throw a check engine light because usually they don't have the necessary plugs for your O2 sensor.
Old 05-13-2004, 11:47 AM

i would rather have a header than the stock set up. performance is not my #1 priority but i would like a lil something.
Old 05-13-2004, 11:47 AM

Default Re: E-Bay Header (BucsJosh)

the one i was looking at today did have the O2 sensor plug in
Old 05-13-2004, 01:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I have an ebay header on my car. My friend broke my o2 sensor in my stock header...so I just bought an ebay one and borrowed one of his extra o2's. I had a 4-1 ceramic before...but I bottomed it hard and put a hole in it...so the ebay is just a cheap alternative till I finish my turbo setup. Didn't throw any CEL's or anything. Most people that see it say it looks nice cause it turned that blue/purple color. If you're cautious about the way your drive...get a 4-1...otherwise just get the 4-2-1...it's a lot easier to install. 4-1 will give you a little more power.
Old 05-13-2004, 02:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I got mine off of ebay. Seems to work fine for me. Came with all nuts and bolts plus gaskets.
Old 05-13-2004, 03:35 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by h22avid &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">They usually rust and start to look like **** pretty quick </TD></TR></TABLE>

Old 05-13-2004, 03:47 PM

Default Re: E-Bay Header (Slow_Em1)

I got a 4-1 temporily before turbo. Problem? No donut, scrap on the o2 bung, ports didn't align, one bolt didn't align right. The fix? 2hr's of port matching and a buddy at the muffler shop. Works okay for now. BTW, nothing really rusts that fast where I live.
Old 05-13-2004, 08:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Mine hasn't rusted or anything yet...had it on for about 5-6 months now. In time we'll see how they turn out. If I ever go with a better NA setup for D-Series...AN-R header.
Old 05-14-2004, 11:56 AM

i went home last night and searched for my exhaust leak, ttok the head shield off the exhaust manifold and found that it was cracked, so now i am wanting to get a cheap header any suggestions...need a quick fix till i have the money to do better.
Old 05-14-2004, 12:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...=WDVW

This is the 4-1 from the same guy I got mine. It's cheap and does it's job. Only other thing I can suggest...go check out the classifieds and look for a used DC or something.
Old 05-17-2004, 11:34 AM

Default Re: E-Bay Header (H23 EG Hybrid)

everything matched up airight, no problems on that end?
Old 05-17-2004, 01:12 PM

dont buy that ****. i bought one cause i was like "ooo shiny and cheap! *buy it now* but it's just a piece. if your going to buy a header then do you right. unfortunatly mine is still in my car and stilll in good condition so i have no excuse to buy a new one but trust me, you get what you pay for. i guess its worth the 70 or 80 bucks, but i would rather have a nice one
Old 05-17-2004, 01:40 PM
Global Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: E-Bay Header (ls95hatch)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ls95hatch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">dont buy that ****. i bought one cause i was like "ooo shiny and cheap! *buy it now* but it's just a piece. if your going to buy a header then do you right. unfortunatly mine is still in my car and stilll in good condition so i have no excuse to buy a new one but trust me, you get what you pay for. i guess its worth the 70 or 80 bucks, but i would rather have a nice one</TD></TR></TABLE>

I don't care if its chrome/shiney or what..if it gives you the same HP then why worry about it?

Anyone got dyno proof/dyno results?

Old 05-17-2004, 01:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: E-Bay Header (Jimmy)

my friend bought a Ceramic coated header off E-bay. he said it worked good and the fitment was fine.

His only complaint was that the ceramic coating started to peal off after a little heat. (I guess it wasn't really a ceramic coating, just a nice coat of spray paint)
Old 05-18-2004, 01:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: E-Bay Header (Jimmy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Jimmy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I don't care if its chrome/shiney or what..if it gives you the same HP then why worry about it?

Anyone got dyno proof/dyno results?

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Couldn't agree with you more. If it all matters to someone...then they should just save up for an AN-R or Bismoto header.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Jon V &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">my friend bought a Ceramic coated header off E-bay. he said it worked good and the fitment was fine.

His only complaint was that the ceramic coating started to peal off after a little heat. (I guess it wasn't really a ceramic coating, just a nice coat of spray paint) </TD></TR></TABLE>

Mine is stainless...so I didn't have that problem. I did notice however...that they didn't coat every bit of the header. On the back runner closest to the engine...the inside facing the other runners of the header isn't coated. But I could care less...it's doin it's job...doesn't have to look pretty.
Old 05-26-2004, 06:49 AM

Default Re: E-Bay Header (H23 EG Hybrid)

so really only one person had a fitment problem, i am not looking for it to look nice, just want to get rid of the exhaust leak in a non stock way, so an e-bay header might be the way for me to go....?
Old 05-26-2004, 07:52 AM

I just got a pacesetter 4-1 ceramic (painted) one from dragracing.com for like $100.00 free shipping, and its new. It works fine for now til I turbo. I thought it was real good for a temp header. No problems, bolted up great!
Old 05-26-2004, 07:56 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by beatercivicCX &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i went home last night and searched for my exhaust leak, ttok the head shield off the exhaust manifold and found that it was cracked, so now i am wanting to get a cheap header any suggestions...need a quick fix till i have the money to do better.</TD></TR></TABLE>
I had the same problem, cheap, temp, and effective pacestter it was
Old 05-26-2004, 09:34 AM

Default Re: E-Bay Header (94civicsally)

thanks for the help
Old 05-26-2004, 09:52 AM

Default Re: E-Bay Header (94civicsally)

did it have the spots for the O2 sensors?

Quick Reply: E-Bay Header