Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

drunk driver kills my car, i need advice... 56k no no

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2005, 05:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default drunk driver kills my car, i need advice... 56k no no

I was sitting in my room when my roomates yell out "Erik, someone hit your car" I of course jump up and run to see what has happened. Once outside I see that a huge truck has smashed my hatch which was PARKED on the side of the street. The lady who was obviously intoxicated was apologizing repeatedly (she was later arrested on the alleged charde). The hatch is a 92 cx with a mini me, carbon friber duck bill, gsr wheels, full tokico suspension, simple engine bolt on's and an amazingly clean interior. My question is this I do not want to lose any money due to this if possible, the car however is obviously totaled. What is the best way to go about handling the insurance claim? Should I sue? How can I get them to pay for all the aftermarket parts as well as a good price for the hatch. Ive only had the car for about 2 months, I traded my crx for a vx then the vx for the cx. haha. so it looks like im in the market for a new car again. Also I was in the process of replacing the bozo headlights and mirrors so, dont ask. hopefully I can get money for them now though . Any suggestions appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Old 03-27-2005, 05:44 PM

Default Re: drunk driver kills my car, i need advice... 56k no no (sxecustoms)

holy ****

I dont know the US laws so I won't comment, but it sucks to hear man , but the good thing is that you're alright
Old 03-27-2005, 05:48 PM
Multi-paradigm

of course you sue. that is what an insurance claim is. you sue HER insurance company.

as far as compensation for your mods, the first thing you need is a receipt for everything you can even hope to get reimbursed for.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sxecustoms &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

</TD></TR></TABLE>

btw, aren't tokico shocks red white or blue?
Old 03-27-2005, 05:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

wow if you have receipt's for the aftermarket parts you should be able to give them to the insurance comp. they should reimburse you.good luck
Old 03-27-2005, 05:51 PM

Default Re: drunk driver kills my car, i need advice... 56k no no (Screwtape:)

Yeah they are blue, look closely... I mean it was kinda bent up so im not exactly sure what all is obstructed your view in the picture. When I say should I sue, I mean should I seek independent legel representation or go through the insurance company.
Old 03-27-2005, 05:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

damn that is fuked up.
Old 03-27-2005, 05:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

woah.. sorry for the loss man
Old 03-27-2005, 05:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Holy ****, did she hit you then try to run with your car? I cant believe she plowed you that far into a tree. Thank god you werent in the car dude.

Salvage everything you can before insurance gets to it and you never see the car again. And ask your insurance company about how to go with it. Theyll talk to her insurance company (if she had one) and then go from there, if they dont do anything for you then ******* sue the hell out of them. This is fucked.

Drunk Drivers
Old 03-27-2005, 05:55 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (ekb16)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ekb16 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">damn that is fuked up.</TD></TR></TABLE>
took the words out of my mouth
Old 03-27-2005, 05:57 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Screwtape: &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">of course you sue. that is what an insurance claim is. you sue HER insurance company.

as far as compensation for your mods, the first thing you need is a receipt for everything you can even hope to get reimbursed for.

btw, aren't tokico shocks red white or blue?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Old 03-27-2005, 05:57 PM
I am a (Trial User) Army

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: drunk driver kills my car, i need advice... 56k no no (modedicebox)

Jesus Christ Dude. That radiator fluid looks like blood from a head shot. Sue her ******* *** to pieces.
Old 03-27-2005, 05:59 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

WOW that sucks
Old 03-27-2005, 05:59 PM
most hood white kid

why can't people be responsible and know when they are intoxicated to stay away from the wheel of a vehicle?
Old 03-27-2005, 06:00 PM

Default Re: drunk driver kills my car, i need advice... 56k no no (Luserkid)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Luserkid &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Holy ****, did she hit you then try to run with your car? I cant believe she plowed you that far into a tree. Thank god you werent in the car dude.

Salvage everything you can before insurance gets to it and you never see the car again. And ask your insurance company about how to go with it. Theyll talk to her insurance company (if she had one) and then go from there, if they dont do anything for you then ******* sue the hell out of them. This is fucked.

Drunk Drivers </TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah once she hit the car, she did not stop. She continued to accelerate for another 10 secounds probly, I guess before she relized what had happened.
Old 03-27-2005, 06:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: drunk driver kills my car, i need advice... 56k no no (litterbox)

That lady is going to get pwned on insurance for as long as she decides to drive!
Old 03-27-2005, 06:07 PM

Default Re: drunk driver kills my car, i need advice... 56k no no (Vbp6us)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Vbp6us &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">That lady is going to get pwned on insurance for as long as she decides to drive! </TD></TR></TABLE>

good **** her and **** others who are dumb as her, they don't deserve to be sharing oxygen with me
Old 03-27-2005, 06:10 PM

Default Re: (e jay one)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by e jay one &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
took the words out of my mouth</TD></TR></TABLE> X 2
Old 03-27-2005, 06:10 PM

Default Re: drunk driver kills my car, i need advice... 56k no no (Leb_CRX)

wow that sucks, sue her and let us know the outcome.

stupid drunk drivers
Old 03-27-2005, 06:13 PM

that's brutal sh*t man, i hope she pays out the *** and then gets her truck taken to a junkyard and put in the car crusher and smashed while she watches, good luck w/ insurance and getting a new car
Old 03-27-2005, 06:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: drunk driver kills my car, i need advice... 56k no no (civiccpedx)

when my bro flipped and totaled his corolla, the geico guy didnt want any reciepts. he went to the junkyard and did his own appraisal. he gave him credit for all the engine mods and audio mods even though we didnt tell insurance about them. for a car that cost originally 8g, they gave him 10,100. so the insurance guys are pretty good in my experiance. reason being is they sell the car to the junkyard which in turn sells the parts.
Old 03-27-2005, 06:17 PM

Default Re: drunk driver kills my car, i need advice... 56k no no (ssbpturbohatch)

Trust me I know. When I first walked outside I was ready to kill whoever did it. If it was a guy I have no doubt we would have came to blows. Thanks for support all... Any clue on how I go about getting the most money possible?
Old 03-27-2005, 06:20 PM

that sucks

i got hit once while i was PARKED and i was inside the car... some lady was speeding 50mph in a 20mph zone and she somehow managed to run right into the back of my car which was parked pretty far off to the right

totalled my car and sent me to the hospital... i had hit my head on the roof because i wasnt wearing my seatbelt... (now i always wear it when im parked)

she pushed my car forward pretty far and it smashed the front passenger side too cause it bent the axles and wheels when it pushed it up on the curb...

she wasnt drunk... she was just some stupid bitch speeding

as for money... just sue her... have receipts for everything... you should come out ahead... you did nothing wrong so you shouldnt have to pay a dime... but that doesn't happen all the time... so good luck
Old 03-27-2005, 06:22 PM

Default FIND RECIEPTS!!!

Insurance companies will usually not pay for aftermarket parts unless you have them. I did not and I got only money for stock parts and then was dropped from my insurance so make sure you get all your money out of it some how!
Old 03-27-2005, 06:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

holy damn...that's unbelivable

maybe you'll be lucky and this won't be her first time drinking and driving, I hope that bitch gets her license taken away..and if she doesn't, I hope they really come down on her..
Old 03-27-2005, 06:34 PM
As long as I dont have to take out any more Metal Gears

OMG that is so so so wrong on many levels. the car is totaled. I feel for u man. ****** drunks. i hope she gets whats coming to her

Quick Reply: drunk driver kills my car, i need advice... 56k no no