Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

does anyone have any pics of a jegs 10 point roll cage for coupe

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2007, 10:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default does anyone have any pics of a jegs 10 point roll cage for coupe

jegs doesnt have any pic on there 10 point roll cage.i want to know if it goes through the dashboard on go down in front
Old 01-21-2007, 11:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: does anyone have any pics of a jegs 10 point roll cage for coupe (civictype-r)

does anybody know
Old 01-23-2007, 05:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: does anyone have any pics of a jegs 10 point roll cage for coupe (civictype-r)

nobody has this roll cage
Old 01-23-2007, 06:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

most of us have DD's and don't want to die because of the roll cage.
Old 02-01-2007, 08:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: does anyone have any pics of a jegs 10 point roll cage for coupe (bpkmrtoes)

This may be a noob question, but what makes them unsafe? It looks to me like the size of the tube is acceptable for NASA. Is it the type of steel? I am asking because I too am going to cage my civic soon.
Old 02-01-2007, 09:42 AM

Default Re: does anyone have any pics of a jegs 10 point roll cage for coupe (turbo-lude)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by turbo-lude &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">This may be a noob question, but what makes them unsafe? It looks to me like the size of the tube is acceptable for NASA. Is it the type of steel? I am asking because I too am going to cage my civic soon.</TD></TR></TABLE>

It's all physics. The formula for impulse (a change in momentum) is Impulse (I) = Force Exerted (F) times Time elapsed (T). I = FT. Impulse is directly proportional to force and inversely proportional to time. Decrease the force, and the impulse is decreased; increase the time, and the impulse is decreased.

Cars are designed with "crumple zones" that absorb the impact and raise the amount of time in a collision. If you cage a car, the chassis no longer has some of the crumple zones, and you now get to absorb some of the force that the car would normally absorb. Not good.

In other words, unless you feel like strapping into a racing harness and wearing a helmet to the grocery store, I wouldn't cage a daily driver.

(sorry for the edit; I'm in school and had to change classrooms)

Modified by reaper2022 at 2:16 PM 2/1/2007
Old 02-01-2007, 12:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: does anyone have any pics of a jegs 10 point roll cage for coupe (reaper2022)

You're math is all wrong. For more time to decrease the impulse, time would have to be in the denomonator.
Old 02-01-2007, 12:51 PM

Default Re: does anyone have any pics of a jegs 10 point roll cage for coupe (Hemix)

I meant for the same impulse... A higher time in the formula will require a smaller force to achieve the same impulse. Consequently, lowering the time in the formula means a higher force in order to achieve the same impulse.
Old 02-01-2007, 03:04 PM
been there done that

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: does anyone have any pics of a jegs 10 point roll cage for coupe (turbo-lude)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by turbo-lude &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">This may be a noob question, but what makes them unsafe? It looks to me like the size of the tube is acceptable for NASA. Is it the type of steel? I am asking because I too am going to cage my civic soon.</TD></TR></TABLE>

the simple fact that in a daily driven street car a cage with bars extending in front of the driver can cause you possible harm in the event of a crash. it also makes it that much harder for rescue personnel to gain access to you.
Old 02-02-2007, 05:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: does anyone have any pics of a jegs 10 point roll cage for coupe (doood)

what if you just had like a hoop across the top with a harness bar and two bars going back to were the rear shocks mount inside the car and 1 across those two points. like as a weekend cruiser?
Old 02-02-2007, 04:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: does anyone have any pics of a jegs 10 point roll cage for coupe (reaper2022)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by reaper2022 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I meant for the same impulse... A higher time in the formula will require a smaller force to achieve the same impulse. Consequently, lowering the time in the formula means a higher force in order to achieve the same impulse.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Got it. You're all good now.
Old 02-02-2007, 10:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: does anyone have any pics of a jegs 10 point roll cage for coupe (riceburner700)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by riceburner700 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">what if you just had like a hoop across the top with a harness bar and two bars going back to were the rear shocks mount inside the car and 1 across those two points. like as a weekend cruiser?</TD></TR></TABLE>

A Roll bar Ha ha buggin you but ya a roll bar is good for a street car
Old 02-04-2007, 05:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

im not looking for a cage that goes through the fire wall.im looking to find a cage that goes down the front pilllars throught the dash to meet the side bars.
Old 02-04-2007, 05:44 PM
been there done that

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by civictype-r &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">im not looking for a cage that goes through the fire wall.im looking to find a cage that goes down the front pilllars throught the dash to meet the side bars.</TD></TR></TABLE>

so what is your purpose for wanting a full cage? trying to build an 11sec car? trying to comply with scca requirements?
Old 02-04-2007, 05:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: does anyone have any pics of a jegs 10 point roll cage for coupe (doood)

so he can build a motor to fit the cage later
Old 02-05-2007, 02:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

it should be 10 to 11 sec car when im done building the motor.but i want the cage to pass tech inspection
Old 02-05-2007, 02:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by civictype-r &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">it should be 10 to 11 sec car when im done building the motor.but i want the cage to pass tech inspection</TD></TR></TABLE><TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by civictype-r &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">jegs doesnt have any pic on there 10 point roll cage.i want to know if it goes through the dashboard on go down in front </TD></TR></TABLE>

That sounds like a paradox to me.

You have a 10 or 11 second car, but it's not gutted?

Sounds kinda stupid to me...

The reason for roll cages being illegal is their name implies: They are ROLL cages. The majority of accidents on the road aren't rollovers, ESPECIALLY in civics. In straight on collisions and t-bones they simply make matters worse. In dragging the most common accident is a slide leading to a rollover - where they come in handy.

Old 02-05-2007, 02:45 PM
been there done that

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by civictype-r &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">it should be 10 to 11 sec car when im done building the motor.but i want the cage to pass tech inspection</TD></TR></TABLE>

in that case have a cage custom built to fit the lines of your car and to fit the rules. no premade cage is going to come close.
Old 02-05-2007, 04:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i think i can still get away with a main hoop and the rear bars.and the reason for the interior is cause its still going to be a show car for the shop.i know sounds stupid.lol....
Old 02-05-2007, 05:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by civictype-r &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i think i can still get away with a main hoop and the rear bars.and the reason for the interior is cause its still going to be a show car for the shop.i know sounds stupid.lol.... </TD></TR></TABLE>

Oh, I see.

Weird ****.

Talk about working against yourself.
Old 02-06-2007, 10:51 AM
been there done that

an 11sec show car? wow.