Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Does anybody knows where the transmission located in 93 Civic EX?

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2006, 05:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does anybody knows where the transmission located in 93 Civic EX?

Hi everybody,

I know it is a dumb question but I am trying to figure out where the automatic tranny is located in my car. I am guessing that it is on the left side of the engine but I can't find the dipstick to see whether there is enough oil or not. IF anybody knows where the tranny dipstick is located, it will be helpful.

Also, if you have detailed diagram/picture of how to change the tranny oil, that will be awesome .

Please let me know
Old 03-03-2006, 06:06 AM

Default Re: Does anybody knows where the transmission located in 93 Civic EX? (desiaashik)

are you ******* retarded ?

are u kidding me
Old 03-03-2006, 06:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Does anybody knows where the transmission located in 93 Civic EX? (desiaashik)

Item #7.

The way the picture is oriented, the right side is the passenger side.
Old 03-03-2006, 06:10 AM

Default Re: Does anybody knows where the transmission located in 93 Civic EX? (TURBOminimeCRX)

Well, you know..... I am not a geek like you. I have lots of other stuff to do than just stare at car whole day and figure out the parts.

Answer this question. Why do people post a message on this forum?????

Answer:
Let me answer that for you.
Becasue they need help. Your job is to answer and not speculate. Dumbass
Old 03-03-2006, 06:12 AM

wow your off to a good start here arent ya
Old 03-03-2006, 06:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

In this pic, the right side of the pic is the drivers side.
Old 03-03-2006, 06:16 AM

There should be a dipstick in the back part of the engine bay somewhere. I would suggest to atleast buy a $13 haynes manual at autozone to help you out better.
Old 03-03-2006, 06:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Does anybody knows where the transmission located in 93 Civic EX? (TURBOminimeCRX)

all i have to say about that is

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

ALL DONE
hA
Old 03-03-2006, 06:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by desiaashik &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Well, you know..... I am not a geek like you. I have lots of other stuff to do than just stare at car whole day and figure out the parts.

Answer this question. Why do people post a message on this forum?????

Answer:
Let me answer that for you.
Becasue they need help. Your job is to answer and not speculate. Dumbass</TD></TR></TABLE>

What geek? It's something everyone should know. Open the hood and you should see it right away. Do you need someone to replace a headlight bulb for you too?
Old 03-03-2006, 06:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Does anybody knows where the transmission located in 93 Civic EX? (CRacer21)

to me it was a legit question in this section even tho must people already know where the tranny is ... atleast it wasnt a where to buy bodykit thread
Old 03-03-2006, 06:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Does anybody knows where the transmission located in 93 Civic EX? (Rev Hard9999)

If your standing in front of the car with the hood open its a huge grey piece of metal on the left side of the engine bay. The axles go into it so its the same distance back as the wheels. Its the second biggest thing (engine being biggest) in the engine bay. The dipstick is located on the top of the tranny and towards the firwall more (towards the back of the car) and is usually orange sticking up about 6 - 8 inches.

And to everyone else why do you have to be such dicks? He asked an honest question and wants a simple answer. He knew it wasn't the most technical thing but he needs an answer so give him the answer or dont post. Whats the point of saying

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Rev Hard9999 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">all i have to say about that is

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

ALL DONE
hA</TD></TR></TABLE>

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TURBOminimeCRX &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">are you ******* retarded ?

are u kidding me </TD></TR></TABLE>

Does that make you fell better? You both made absolutley no contribution to this thread.
Old 03-03-2006, 06:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Does anybody knows where the transmission located in 93 Civic EX? (CRacer21)

dude you guys are ********..he ask a simple question and doesnt know a lot about hondas..just answer the question. the picture above is probably the best explanation
Old 03-03-2006, 06:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by CRacer21 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">It's something everyone should know.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Is it now? And why is it something everyone should know? What if you made enough money to pay someone to just know it for you? I mean, they can't be too bright since they can't find the ******' dipstick for an auto tranny but they probably have enough knowledge to be gainfully employed to pay someone else to do it and if they don't...they can ask here to educate themselves a little more.

You people need to quit wasting your energy on negative ****. Why not help someone out with all the knowledge you've accrued over the years...oh wait...you guys already knew everything coming out of the womb. Well, this guy wasn't so fotunate.

I don't know WTF is up with all the biters in this damn place - just help people. If you wanna spit some bullshit at him, at least provide an actual answer for him, otherwise shut the **** up and keep that **** to yourselves.
Old 03-03-2006, 06:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Does anybody knows where the transmission located in 93 Civic EX? (usdmEFboy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by usdmEFboy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">dude you guys are ********..he ask a simple question and doesnt know a lot about hondas..just answer the question. the picture above is probably the best explanation</TD></TR></TABLE>

He's calling us geeks for knowing where a tranny's located. My girlfriend knows where the transmission is, let alone my mother.

If he wants help, he needs to not talk down to us in general. Yeah, one guy's response was ignorant, but don't take it to heart and attack everyone on here.
Old 03-03-2006, 07:33 AM

I agree but also everyone has to start somewhere

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Grip King &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">He's calling us geeks for knowing where a tranny's located. My girlfriend knows where the transmission is, let alone my mother.

If he wants help, he needs to not talk down to us in general. Yeah, one guy's response was ignorant, but don't take it to heart and attack everyone on here. </TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 03-03-2006, 08:17 AM

Default Re: Does anybody knows where the transmission located in 93 Civic EX? (Slammed Ek9)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by desiaashik &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Well, you know..... I am not a geek like you. I have lots of other stuff to do than just stare at car whole day and figure out the parts.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

mechanics are far from geeks my friend. need to get yourself a dictionary.

...and maybe you should start working on one of these before you move up.

Old 03-03-2006, 08:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Does anybody knows where the transmission located in 93 Civic EX? (d4rkn1t3)

u should NOS ur car
Old 03-03-2006, 08:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Just don't forget to buy some VTEC fluid. I mean if your gonna check and top off trans, obviously only an idiot would forget VTEC fluid.
Old 03-03-2006, 08:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TURBOminimeCRX &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">are you ******* retarded ?

-1%.

Kill that shitty additude asap or you'll find yourself gone. People are here to learn. I guarantee you that you'll be here with a question one day and won't appreciate the additude you just tossed out.
Old 03-03-2006, 08:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

HAHAHAHA!!! LOL ! ! !
Old 03-03-2006, 08:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Does anybody knows where the transmission located in 93 Civic EX? (usdmEFboy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by usdmEFboy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">dude you guys are ********..he ask a simple question and doesnt know a lot about hondas..just answer the question. the picture above is probably the best explanation</TD></TR></TABLE>

This is how it should be. I swear to god I'm going to start banning everyone who comes in and throws down a shitty demeaning post without answering the question. There are times I've come on here and answered some very basic questions even from the people who are in this thread throwing verbal stones. Not everyone knows everything.
Old 03-03-2006, 05:16 PM

Default Re: Does anybody knows where the transmission located in 93 Civic EX? (Ricey McRicerton)

LOOK UNDER THE BLACK PLASTIC BOX WITH THE LARGE BLACK TUBE GOING TO IT. THAT IS WHERE THE AIR FILTER IS ALSO
Old 03-03-2006, 05:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

dude, im sorry but my wife knows where the tranny dipstick is.
Old 03-03-2006, 06:10 PM

Default Re: (schardbody)

A little OT: Manual transmissions don't have dipsticks, do they?

Get off the noobs back. Beats the hell out of the "Is this JDM" ricer ***** threads.
Old 03-03-2006, 06:14 PM

Default Re: Does anybody knows where the transmission located in 93 Civic EX? (Ricey McRicerton)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Ricey McRicerton &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">-1%.

Kill that shitty additude asap or you'll find yourself gone. People are here to learn. I guarantee you that you'll be here with a question one day and won't appreciate the additude you just tossed out. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Quick Reply: Does anybody knows where the transmission located in 93 Civic EX?