Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Do ITR rear seats fit without modification in an EG hatchback? I just bought an eg hatch..not too fa

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2005, 02:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Do ITR rear seats fit without modification in an EG hatchback? I just bought an eg hatch..not too fa

just wondering if anyone could answer that really quick..looking to get itr rear seats so i need to know if it's a clean swap....i use to have an ek before so i'm not too familiar with eg interior mods......your help is appreciated...
Old 06-01-2005, 02:22 PM

Default Re: Do ITR rear seats fit without modification in an EG hatchback? I just bought an eg hatch..not to

ttt
Old 06-01-2005, 02:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

it the same deal with the EK: the seat backs will fit fine, the bottom cushion will have gaps all the way around since the teg seat cushion is smaller than the civic one. of course if you searched, you would've found this out yourself.
Old 06-01-2005, 02:59 PM

Default Re: (dantastic)

thanks for the info...and i did search..... and for the EK the seat cushion fits fine but the top where you rest your back has to be put on civic frames in order to fit flush......thanks though.... i'm also speaking about a ctr rear seat in this comment...

that's why i was asking if it fit fine in the eg..... because i am speaking about a ITR rear seat and or course an eg and not an ek...... since eg and dc parts seem to be interchangable....a

nyway...does any one have pictures of this fitment???
Old 06-01-2005, 03:09 PM
New User

Default Re: Do ITR rear seats fit without modification in an EG hatchback? I just bought an eg hatch..not to

they will fit pretty good the gaps arent big enough to worry about.
Old 06-01-2005, 03:39 PM

thanks...
Old 06-01-2005, 03:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

My car w/DC2 seats only:

As you can see, there is about a 2 finger gap on both sides, as well as the space between the backrest and the seat bottom.

My car w/DC2 backs & DB8 bottom cushion:

Modified by NineTwoSi at 5:17 PM 6/1/2005
Old 06-01-2005, 04:21 PM

cool stuff.....that's nice fitment with the db8 bottom... i definitely have to go that route.... thanks for a very helpful post...
Old 06-01-2005, 04:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

No problem... It sucks having to buy two full sets of rear seats but the results are worth it in my opinion. Just take your stock rear seat bottom cushion out when you buy your ITR seats to verify the clips that go into the chassis are located in the same place... Certain years of the ITR's clips are farther apart and will not work. Good luck!
Old 06-15-2005, 05:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

can i do DB8 cushion in my dc4? or is that a retarded question. its that damn plastic piece in the middle.
Old 06-17-2005, 10:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by eymnewdc4 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">can i do DB8 cushion in my dc4? or is that a retarded question. its that damn plastic piece in the middle. </TD></TR></TABLE>

will it fit?
Old 06-17-2005, 11:23 AM
I am a (Trial User) Army

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by djmarvelous1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">just wondering if anyone could answer that really quick..looking to get itr rear seats so i need to know if it's a clean swap....i use to have an ek before so i'm not too familiar with eg interior mods......your help is appreciated... </TD></TR></TABLE>

As mentioned you'll have a gap so use Db8 seat bottoms. Also, post a pic of your old EK (the one in your avatar), it looks badass!
Old 06-17-2005, 11:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by litterbox &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">As mentioned you'll have a gap so use Db8 seat bottoms. Also, post a pic of your old EK (the one in your avatar), it looks badass! </TD></TR></TABLE>

do the 4 door integra bottoms work in a 2 door integra without gaps?
Old 06-17-2005, 11:53 AM
I am a (Trial User) Army

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by eymnewdc4 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
do the 4 door integra bottoms work in a 2 door integra without gaps?</TD></TR></TABLE>well the db8 cushion is longer side to side than the 2 door so you won't have a gap, but it might just be too wide to fit in all together. If you want to get rid of the gap, just get jdm itr cushions.
Old 06-17-2005, 11:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by litterbox &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">well the db8 cushion is longer side to side than the 2 door so you won't have a gap, but it might just be too wide to fit in all together. If you want to get rid of the gap, just get jdm itr cushions.</TD></TR></TABLE>
im guessing that may be hard to come by? or really expensive ...
Old 06-17-2005, 12:03 PM
I am a (Trial User) Army

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by eymnewdc4 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
im guessing that may be hard to come by? or really expensive ...</TD></TR></TABLE>Or you could always reupholster you civic cushions?
Old 06-17-2005, 12:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by litterbox &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">well the db8 cushion is longer side to side than the 2 door so you won't have a gap, but it might just be too wide to fit in all together. If you want to get rid of the gap, just get jdm itr cushions.</TD></TR></TABLE>
im guessing that may be hard to come by? or really expensive ...
Old 06-17-2005, 12:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by litterbox &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Or you could always reupholster you civic cushions?</TD></TR></TABLE>

wait ... what civic seats?
Old 06-17-2005, 12:26 PM
I am a (Trial User) Army

wait ... what civic seats?</TD></TR></TABLE>O sorry, I forgot you had a teg. Incidentally, this made me realize that civic cushions probably fit better in a 2 door teg than db8 seats. And civic cushions don't have the damn plastic piece.
Old 06-17-2005, 12:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by litterbox &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">O sorry, I forgot you had a teg. Incidentally, this made me realize that civic cushions probably fit better in a 2 door teg than db8 seats. And civic cushions don't have the damn plastic piece.</TD></TR></TABLE>

hey a mistake made a possible sucess. (spelling?) what year civic? 92-95? cause it seems that too many other parts from 92-95 swap to 94-01 tegs
Old 06-17-2005, 12:33 PM
I am a (Trial User) Army

Ya, EG (92-95).
Old 06-17-2005, 12:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by litterbox &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">O sorry, I forgot you had a teg. Incidentally, this made me realize that civic cushions probably fit better in a 2 door teg than db8 seats. And civic cushions don't have the damn plastic piece.</TD></TR></TABLE>

hey a mistake made a possible sucess. (spelling?) what year civic? 92-95? cause it seems that too many other parts from 92-95 swap to 94-01 tegs
Old 06-17-2005, 12:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by litterbox &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Ya, EG (92-95).</TD></TR></TABLE>

coupe or hatch?
Old 06-17-2005, 01:02 PM
I am a (Trial User) Army

I believe they are the same. Someone confirm.
Old 06-17-2005, 01:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by litterbox &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I believe they are the same. Someone confirm.</TD></TR></TABLE>

+1

Quick Reply: Do ITR rear seats fit without modification in an EG hatchback? I just bought an eg hatch..not too fa