Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Do i judge either the title or the state i live in when it comes to needing a notary?

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2009, 08:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Do i judge either the title or the state i live in when it comes to needing a notary?

i bought a eg with a florida title and i need to switch it over but the problem is that florida u dont need a notary and there is no place for one on the title but in NC where i live it is required. What do u guys think? thanks (sorry mods if this is in the wrong section didnt know where to put it)
Old 08-21-2009, 11:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Do i judge either the title or the state i live in when it comes to needing a not

have the seller make a Bill of Sale, and notarize that.
Old 08-21-2009, 11:57 AM
New User

Default Re: Do i judge either the title or the state i live in when it comes to needing a not

Originally Posted by redrocket
have the seller make a Bill of Sale, and notarize that.
+1
Old 08-21-2009, 12:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Go into title place and tell them situation and I'm sure they'll help you figure out what you need easiest.
Old 08-21-2009, 08:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Honda-tech= cool *** understanding people
Old 08-21-2009, 08:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

it is prly specific to your state, but for example i live in Ohio and we require notarized signatures but Michigan doesn't. Therefore if you are transferring from Michigan to Ohio you do not need a notarized signature... Easiast thing to do is if you buy and sell alot have a close relative or friend become a notary it is easy to do and saves so much hassle.
Old 08-21-2009, 08:51 PM
Former Moderator

Received 54 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by danielfleenor
Honda-tech= cool *** understanding people
You didn't look hard enough.

Seriously I was about to move this into the general discussion forum in hopes of more responses, but that would certainly change your view of H-T peeps.

It actually belongs there, but if I move it you will undoubtedly get a lot of "people still buy Civics?" replies rather than help.

Old 08-22-2009, 07:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I'm in NC as well. All you need is the sellers info and signature on the title as well as your own. Then you're done.

SC and VA don't require notaries on thier titles either. I've bought cars and motorcycle from both. You'll have no problems when you go with the title and no notary.

Whenever you decide to sell the Civic you will need it notarized since an NC title has a spot for it.
Old 08-22-2009, 07:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by starion88esir
I'm in NC as well. All you need is the sellers info and signature on the title as well as your own. Then you're done.

SC and VA don't require notaries on thier titles either. I've bought cars and motorcycle from both. You'll have no problems when you go with the title and no notary.

Whenever you decide to sell the Civic you will need it notarized since an NC title has a spot for it.
make sure they sign their FULL NAME

first, middle, last

if they dont then you have to get a new title and start all over
Old 08-22-2009, 02:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by 92ehatch
make sure they sign their FULL NAME

first, middle, last

if they dont then you have to get a new title and start all over
Have them sign it how it appears on the title, nothing more

And make sure its in the sig place and the printed in print place....ive heard that can be a bit of a hassle if the title place wants to push the issue with the other guy not there.