Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: (TeqXero9)

hahah
Old 01-17-2005, 09:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (3L RedSkoolingBus)

this forum does say EG+ CIVIC / DEL SOL so im for sure not going to listen to you and say EH.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by allmotorEG-SI &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Also, FYI: Si disc brakes have same size rotors as integras. </TD></TR></TABLE>

not all of the hbs came with the integra size rotor just some of them (very few at that) and even if they came with the same rotor size they still don't got the bigger calipers
Old 01-17-2005, 09:34 AM
be professional

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Re: (pinoyrukus)

Originally Posted by allmotorEG-SI
well, you say i'm wrong, but then you say i'm right. you first say, the backs are the same, then you say the fronts aren't(w/o abs) but they are with abs. Now my statement was kinda vague" civic disc brakes are the same size as integras" but it is true and not wrong, as you claim. You even say so yourself. the only time they are not the same size is without the abs and on the fronts. But that is not what i was talking about, now that is my fault i didn't make myself clear enough as to which disc brakes i was talking about. BUt then again i didn't feel a need to. I had no idea that someone would take the time to quote everything i say just to tear it apart and tell me i'm wrong. That isn't very polite, you could at least say. "well i need to clairify that not all disc brakes are same as integras....etc" but you just had to say no your wrong its this way.
Looks like someone has a hard time admitting they were wrong.

Grow up, swallow your pride, and admit that you made an over-generalized statement that left out important details, thereby making it wrong. Period. Non-ABS Civic front discs, with exception of the EX coupe, are smaller than Integra discs.

BTW, the thread was about "EG Si's" not this EH stuff your talking about. So only please do not go off subject here. also, when i said "Si's" i was refering to the "EG Si's" as stated in the thread title. please pay attention.
The '92-95 Si hatchback is EH3. There is no "EG" Civic Si in North America.

yet some how both 94 si hatch backs i've had have had 4 wheel disc and ABS...hmmm.

now i do understand that these chassis codes most use are not exactly correct, i am no expert on chassis codes myself. so i do hope that by ej1, you are refering to what we all think of as the EG's.
Go back and read it again. He stated that "some EX coupes have drums, and some have disc." I clarified that by stating that only the EJ1 ('93-95 1.6L coupe) with ABS had rear discs - from which you were to draw the conclusion that EJ1s without ABS had drums.

If you think you are cute by picking apart my post and trying to find something wrong with it, you really need to grow up and/or find something better to do with your time. Guess what: I was 100% correct. The end. Too bad. Let it go.

Originally Posted by pinoyrukus
this forum does say EG+ CIVIC / DEL SOL so im for sure not going to listen to you and say EH.
There are USDM EG Civics. However, they are not hatchbacks - they are 1.5L sedans - so the point is moot. Stop crying and acting like a stubborn little child and start using correct chassis codes so that people actually know what car you are talking about.

I am sick and ******* tired of people asking how to swap a B16A and rear disc brakes into their "EG6" when we all know damn well that the EG6 had both of those as standard equipment from the factory. Similarly, I am sick of people asking if "Type-R parts" will fit their "EK9."

Use the right f'ing chassis code if you're going to do it at all. It's right in your VIN, so no excuses for not knowing it. Better yet, don't use chassis codes at all - just tell us the year, number of doors, and trim level of your Civic; that way everyone will know exactly what car you have.

Honestly, some days it feels like the immaturity level could drown you around here . . .
Old 01-17-2005, 09:35 AM
#1 Super Guy

Received 124 Likes on 118 Posts
Default Re:

All 92-95 Si have rear discs.

All 92-95 ABS civics have rear discs

All 92-95 ABS civics have 10.2" front discs

All 93-95 EX 2 doors have 10.2" front discs.

This is law. There were no brake options for civics. There were either chassis with ABS, or without ABS. If your still unsure, even though everybody has already confirmed it, go double check by looking up parts for those cars on http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com.

P.S. Don't get mad at someone because you don't know what they are talking about when they ARE using the correct Chassis Codes. Your ignorance is not an excuse to flame somebody.
Old 01-17-2005, 10:17 AM
cute little bastard

"The top-rung EX 4-door carried a 1.6-liter four with variable valve timing, plus antilock brakes......and a sporty Si with a higher-output 1.6-liter four and standard antilock braking."

http://auto.consumerguide.com/.../2049

and although this forum is called "EG+ Civic / Del Sol" The USDM 92-95 Civic Si HBs chassis code is EH3. Look at your car's VIN if you have a "EG". Look at the first 6 letters/numbers and the last 3 of the 6 is the chassis code. My 1994 VX is EH2. 92-95 Civic coupe's chassis code is EJ1. A 99 Civic Si chassis code is EM1. Just admit you did not know that the Si's were EH3 and im sure everyone will understand. We're on HT to learn new things. No need to get defensive or ashamed.
Old 01-17-2005, 10:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (SkoundrelUSA)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SkoundrelUSA &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> and although this forum is called "EG+ Civic / Del Sol" The USDM 92-95 Civic Si HBs chassis code is EH3. Look at your car's VIN if you have a "EG". Look at the first 6 letters/numbers and the last 3 of the 6 is the chassis code. My 1994 VX is EH2. 92-95 Civic coupe's chassis code is EJ1. A 99 Civic Si chassis code is EM1. Just admit you did not know that the Si's were EH3 and im sure everyone will understand. We're on HT to learn new things. No need to get defensive or ashamed.</TD></TR></TABLE>

lol don't say i didn't even know what my chassis code is. DID i say that i didn't know what it was? NO!!!! i prefer to say EG for all 92-95 civics its my preference. Im not going to listen to people like you who say Oh.... you got the chasis code wrong and yadda yadda yadda i don't give a **** its **** people like you who gives a dam and try to tell people oh its this chassis code.

Why you gotta act like a smart *** when people say oh Look at the EG **** looks clean den you bust out and say oh nawww dawg thats a EH3 who the hell cares. So step off you pedestal and trying to act almighty by trying to prove that you know more about a dam chasis code

in the end i'd still say EG no matter what you say

its easier to say, and sounds better imo

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by allmotorEG-SI &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

OHHHHHH! your one of those people.
in case you didn't notice a lot of people use slang. For many people they don't know the exact chassis code of cars. most of us like jdm, so the jdm civic hatch is called EG something or other. so we just call all 92-95 hatchbacks "EG." it is much simplier then saying eh3 and confusing people. Please don't call names, it just makes you look childish.</TD></TR></TABLE>

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Evs-One &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I call hatches EG's.....you're the one that said "that eh stuff" like you had no idea what was going on. EH3 IS the chassis code we are referring to. EG refers to the entire 5th gen Civic line up for most of the import community.</TD></TR></TABLE>

im not the only one who agrees with it
Old 01-17-2005, 10:44 AM
cute little bastard

come on man. i didnt mean to make my statement like the "im right your wrong" tone. i just meant that the first person that mentioned the whole chassis code thing was just pointing it out to make the discussion more specific without having to say 94 Civic Si, its easier to say EH3 (when talking about that specific model). yes i too call 92-95 Civics as EGs in general but in this case when the person said that only EJ1s came in ABS or w/e and then someone else said "we're talking about EGs" or i dunno, (i dont feel like reading back). anyway, im seriously sorry if i made you mad or anything, i didnt mean to, i just wanted to make sure everyone here understood what Targa250R was talking about.

and the whole rear disc thing, all i know is that i got my trailing arms + everything off a 94 Si.
Old 01-17-2005, 10:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (SkoundrelUSA)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SkoundrelUSA &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">come on man. i didnt mean to make my statement like the "im right your wrong" tone. i just meant that the first person that mentioned the whole chassis code thing was just pointing it out to make the discussion more specific without having to say 94 Civic Si, its easier to say EH3 (when talking about that specific model). yes i too call 92-95 Civics as EGs in general but in this case when the person said that only EJ1s came in ABS or w/e and then someone else said "we're talking about EGs" or i dunno, (i dont feel like reading back). anyway, im seriously sorry if i made you mad or anything, i didnt mean to, i just wanted to make sure everyone here understood what Targa250R was talking about.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

oic...... don't trip man i ain't mad about it. I just dont' like it when people get all **** about it.

its just the internet, its a free country post what you like. I can't force people to change thier views , but i sure as hell could persuade them to try to think of it another way.
Old 01-17-2005, 05:46 PM

Default Re: Do EG Si's come with rear disc brakes? (-=RobO-EdaR=-)

Old 01-17-2005, 06:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by pinoyrukus &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

lol don't say i didn't even know what my chassis code is. DID i say that i didn't know what it was? NO!!!! i prefer to say EG for all 92-95 civics its my preference. Im not going to listen to people like you who say Oh.... you got the chasis code wrong and yadda yadda yadda i don't give a **** its **** people like you who gives a dam and try to tell people oh its this chassis code.

Why you gotta act like a smart *** when people say oh Look at the EG **** looks clean den you bust out and say oh nawww dawg thats a EH3 who the hell cares. So step off you pedestal and trying to act almighty by trying to prove that you know more about a dam chasis code

in the end i'd still say EG no matter what you say

its easier to say, and sounds better imo
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Couldn't have put it better myself.
I think were done here, everyone is agreeing on the same information about which cars had which brakes blah blah blah. I'm sure the poster has found the information he is looking for. Lets stop the pissing match already.

***zips-up***

good bye
Old 01-17-2005, 06:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Do EG Si's come with rear disc brakes? (-=RobO-EdaR=-)

WOW, the dumb is STRONG in this thread. Specifying chassis codes properly is very important when you are on a technical forum, and trying to get technical advice. The thread starter specified EG Si. We all knew what that meant, and it was answered properly right off the bat by someone who knew what they were talking about. PERIOD. Then we get people who don't know stating their opinion, this needed to be corrected. Misinformation is the last thing we want in a forum designed to help people with TECH. So when you are corrected take it like a man. Targa250r had every right to correct things and did what any good member with the proper knowledge should have done. And he does have more knowledge than 99% of the people on this board. Here's the point people, we rely on this site to gain knowledge, misinformation causes wasted time and money. If you don't KNOW, don't share. If you do at least say you're not sure....I'm done.........John