Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Do Any of You Run Non-Reclinable Bucket Seats For Daily Driving?

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2005, 03:18 PM
I am a (Trial User) Army

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Do Any of You Run Non-Reclinable Bucket Seats For Daily Driving?

Hey,

Do any of you run non-reclinable buckets for DD'ing and weekend autoxing or track use? I don't care about my back seats since they'll be replaced by a cage. I just want to know if it's bearable during the week. I've got a 30min commute to and from work, then maybe a 20commute to and from school each day.

Would it be bearable?
Old 06-29-2005, 03:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Do Any of You Run Non-Reclinable Bucket Seats For Daily Driving? (litterbox)

ask #72 blue si ,his seats are really comfortable soo i would say yeah
Old 06-29-2005, 03:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Do Any of You Run Non-Reclinable Bucket Seats For Daily Driving? (00mofo)

i was daily driving buddyclubs... i found them to be more comfortable due to the fact that they fit me so well.

Just make sure the seat you choose... fits you well.
Old 06-29-2005, 03:25 PM
I am a (Trial User) Army

Default Re: Do Any of You Run Non-Reclinable Bucket Seats For Daily Driving? (splitime)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by splitime &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Just make sure the seat you choose... fits you well.</TD></TR></TABLE>Right.
Old 06-29-2005, 03:26 PM
dh
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Do Any of You Run Non-Reclinable Bucket Seats For Daily Driving? (splitime)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by splitime &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Just make sure the seat you choose... fits you well.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Old 06-29-2005, 03:28 PM

i had buddyclubs in my 94 lude they were confortable as ****!!! and worked well in that car because you can barley fit your cd book in the back...hahaha, but buddyclubs are confortable and support well
Old 06-29-2005, 03:33 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by splitime &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Just make sure the seat you choose... fits you well.</TD></TR></TABLE>

It's not that great to have those reclinable seats that come stock anyway... they're probably a lot less comfortable than those non-reclinable buckets.
Old 06-29-2005, 03:40 PM
I am a (Trial User) Army

Default Re: Do Any of You Run Non-Reclinable Bucket Seats For Daily Driving? (jade butterfly)

Thanks for the input guys.

If you did have non reclinable buckets in your dd can you tell me the following:

1) How long was your daily commute
2) How comfortable were they compared to your stock seats (if you remember)
3) Did you actually think about the fact that you had non reclinable seats? Know what I mean, did it **** you off or anything?
Old 06-29-2005, 03:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Do Any of You Run Non-Reclinable Bucket Seats For Daily Driving? (litterbox)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by litterbox &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Thanks for the input guys.

If you did have non reclinable buckets in your dd can you tell me the following:

I've done upto a 16hr drive in them. Not really a daily commute but for awhile i was doing many 1hr each way trips

Much more comfortable for me... the stock seats were just like a bench for me I'd fidget all the time because of how they didn't hold me or comfort me.

3) Did you actually think about the fact that you had non reclinable seats? Know what I mean, did it **** you off or anything?

By the time I installed them... I had a rollbar in the rear... so no worry on moving them. My only issue... is my bigger friends can't fit in my car... now if your seats are larger.. obviously this won't be an issue. Also, i found a nice way to get into my seats... so that I didn't sit and slide on the leg bolster.. that way i could avoid wear. Keep the wear issue in mind... the side bolsters will wear if you don't avoid them or make a cover or something for them.
</TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 06-29-2005, 04:18 PM
I am a (Trial User) Army

Splittime, did your car have a roll bar that came down diagonally to attach to the floor by the door hinges?
Old 06-29-2005, 05:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I'm running a 4pt rollbar... all behind the front seats. No front cage bars or lower ndra bars.
Old 06-29-2005, 06:15 PM
grammer nawzi

I've driven my civic from Los Angeles to Baltimore and back when I had Bride carbon fiber seats, firm as hell but a great ride. The only time that I wished they would recline was when I was trying to sleep, talk about a pain in the ***, resting my head on a tiny little Sparco wheel, no fun.
Old 06-29-2005, 06:18 PM
I am a (Trial User) Army

Default Re: Do Any of You Run Non-Reclinable Bucket Seats For Daily Driving? (sicky)

I'm getting the feeling that it's totally dooable to have non-reclines for DD'ing. Anyone say otherwise?
Old 06-29-2005, 06:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

do it ... i am
Old 06-29-2005, 06:41 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by litterbox &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Thanks for the input guys.

3) Did you actually think about the fact that you had non reclinable seats? Know what I mean, did it **** you off or anything?</TD></TR></TABLE>

1. Only 10-15 minutes but I go to San Antonio a few times a month which is about an hour each way.

2. Actually a lot more comfortable. A bit harder to get in and out of but you get used to it. It's also great sport to watch first time passengers give themselves major wedgies when they hit the bolsters when getting into the car. OUCH!

3. Actually didn't bother me at all. But a little discomfort for better racing has never bothered me (try driving cross country on 550f/750r spring rates!).
Old 06-29-2005, 06:51 PM
I am a (Trial User) Army

Default Re: Do Any of You Run Non-Reclinable Bucket Seats For Daily Driving? (Blue Si #72)

Thanks blue si. 750lbs rear is nuts. I had 550 rear and that was soo stiff.
Old 06-30-2005, 08:40 AM
I am a (Trial User) Army

Bump for just a few more opinions.
Old 06-30-2005, 08:48 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

i rocked a sparco sprint for 3 years....with a FULL CAGE....

guess it depends on what your priorities are....i wanted to race...so to race i had to use my only car....so....for me it was bearable...even made 2 cross country trips with it....2500 miles plus....and 9-10 12 hour drives!
Old 06-30-2005, 08:50 AM
I am a (Trial User) Army

Default Re: Do Any of You Run Non-Reclinable Bucket Seats For Daily Driving? (chad)

My priorities for the next year are dd'ing primarily with weekend autocross events and some roadracing events if I can get in. After a year, it'll be a dedicated track car.
Old 06-30-2005, 11:05 AM

My civic has a 6 point cage in it. I installed some Sparco Ultras. I am 6'3" and pretty damn skinny. My car never left the garage with those seats in it... I sat in them and INSTANTLY hated it. I fit ok but they belong in a full race car only... I could only sit in there with my legs perfectly straight forward and same with my arms... it was pure misery...

I am not a whiner. i make sacrafice all over in my cars for performance... but this one I was not going to take, as I hated just sitting in the car.

I got ITR seats and some 4 pt harness' and I love it.
Old 06-30-2005, 12:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Do Any of You Run Non-Reclinable Bucket Seats For Daily Driving? (Blue Si #72)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Blue Si #72 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> bothered me (try driving cross country on 550f/750r spring rates!). </TD></TR></TABLE>

Hehe.. try it on 900/800lbs rates
Old 06-30-2005, 12:40 PM
I am a (Trial User) Army

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by splitime &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Hehe.. try it on 900/800lbs rates </TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 06-30-2005, 01:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Do Any of You Run Non-Reclinable Bucket Seats For Daily Driving? (chad)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by chad &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i rocked a sparco sprint for 3 years....with a FULL CAGE....

guess it depends on what your priorities are....i wanted to race...so to race i had to use my only car....so....for me it was bearable...even made 2 cross country trips with it....2500 miles plus....and 9-10 12 hour drives!</TD></TR></TABLE>

Thats exactly what i have and i love mine alittle stiff but it was worth it to me and it fits me so well.It's alittle hard to get out some times though
Old 06-30-2005, 01:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I have a non adjustable sparco.
I drive 1/2-hour trips all the time and it doesnt bother me a bit.
Old 06-30-2005, 01:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have Sparco Sprints in my daly driver. I like them, and its not like I have anyone in the back seat anyway.

You get used to them and they tend to be more comfortable then reclineable seats, cuz they keep your spine straight and in pozition, especially if you have a 5pt. harness.

Quick Reply: Do Any of You Run Non-Reclinable Bucket Seats For Daily Driving?