Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

dizzy o-ring

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2009, 02:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default dizzy o-ring

found my 92 hb leaking at the dizzy(external) o-ring. call several parts stores and no one carried the size needed(26.4mmx3.1mm),thought i'd have to get it from honda,but guess what found it at o'reilly parts. The o-ring came out of their o-ring box,o-ring #213 cost $1.00. Sorry for being so long winded,just wanted pass on the info.
Old 05-21-2009, 02:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: dizzy o-ring

could jus went to the dealer its like 1.50
Old 05-21-2009, 03:10 PM
Master Detailer

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

dealer.
these type of things are really cheep, no reason not to go honda
Old 05-22-2009, 04:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by batallic
could jus went to the dealer its like 1.50
well when you work past 5-6pm during the week & they close@ 12-1pm on sat some people don't have time to go to the dealer. I was just letting people know somewhere else to find it with a part # some they wouldnt have to deal with part store idiots.
Old 05-22-2009, 07:54 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

good ****. these stupid rings go bad all the time
Old 05-22-2009, 10:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

the o-ring i got was a perfect fit,nice & tight,jjjust they way it should be.
Old 05-22-2009, 11:17 AM

It is really important to get the Honda part from Honda. I know some aftermarket parts seem to work okay at first but when it comes to the various seals and o-rings it is always best to get it from the dealer.

Good cheap alternatives are fun and all, but I would have waited to order one from the dealer and picked it up during an off day.

Glad though that you got it all working.
Old 05-22-2009, 11:24 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by shailoche
It is really important to get the Honda part from Honda. I know some aftermarket parts seem to work okay at first but when it comes to the various seals and o-rings it is always best to get it from the dealer.

Good cheap alternatives are fun and all, but I would have waited to order one from the dealer and picked it up during an off day.

Glad though that you got it all working.
got proof to back that up?

i have NEVER once used an OEM o-ring when i replaced it on any of my hondas... guess what all those cars are still around and still are not leaking. you do realize that its just a o-ring right? and you also do realize that yes you can buy cheap parts at part stores but the "premium" stuff is usually OEM in a different box. depending where you go (i doubt autozone)
Old 05-22-2009, 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by dividedas1
got proof to back that up?

i have NEVER once used an OEM o-ring when i replaced it on any of my hondas... guess what all those cars are still around and still are not leaking. you do realize that its just a o-ring right? and you also do realize that yes you can buy cheap parts at part stores but the "premium" stuff is usually OEM in a different box. depending where you go (i doubt autozone)
When you use the OEM Honda part you get 100% fitment the first time. So, when it comes to important seals, o-rings, and critical engine parts it doesn't pay to skimp. After all the small OEM parts rarely cost much more if you shop around to an online dealer. A good seal is very important because no one wants to leak oil from their engine.

I am not here to argue. Nor to flame. I just wanted to give the other side of the story.

You have many many posts on the forum. And there is not much doubt that you have experience with Hondas.
But not everybody has your skill, knowledge, or luck with aftermarket parts. Plenty of people have had bad experiences with aftermarket parts. There are complaints about fitment all the time.
Usually, the only reason someone doesn't use the Honda part is because they don't want to pay the money it takes to buy it as opposed to it not being the better choice.

This is simply my opinion. It is not fact and shouldn't be taken as anything more than additional information about what choices the OP could make.

Last edited by shailoche; 05-22-2009 at 12:19 PM.
Old 05-22-2009, 12:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Thats why if you get a big ticket item get the one with a lifetime warrenty and dont CHEAP out for the less expensive one. Its possable you buy a similar part at the"DEALER" and guess what they dont carry as good of a warrenty as a parts store and then you have the"DEALER" markup to contend with also.
Old 05-24-2009, 05:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

bump