Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

DIY Tilt Brackets CTR EK9 wing

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2017, 10:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DIY Tilt Brackets CTR EK9 wing

DIY Type r wing tilt brackets.

I did a lot of searching and though I could find people saying they had made custom brackets no one had pictures, or info. So I did what I do best and hobbled random **** at lowes together and made it work.

*Disclaimer
I made my brackets the cheapest easiest way possible. I don't own any fancy tools, **** I hardly have any tools, lol. I'm sure if you tried you could make something a lot nicer than mine. But they work. So to those looking for a way to tilt your ctr or ctr rep wing cheap, here's a suggestion.

*Disclaimer 2
my wing is a cheap eBay rep. This may or may not work on a real wing, and may be different amongst other fake wings as well.

Step one
Go to lowes and remove your wing in the parking lot like the car modifying crack head you are.

Step 2

You need to take one of the bolts that held your base and wing together so you can pick the same threaded hardware. I'm not going to explain what hardware you should buy because you may want to use different size stuff, or you may want to pick Allen headed hardware to make it look pretty. Also your wing might have totally different size bolts than mine. Mine had M6-1.0. And I picked up some 1/4 in bolts to hold my brackets together.

Step 3

You need to find 4 of these. They are in the masonry department of lowes, I think they were called 4" joist hangers, but don't quote me on that. I can go back and tell you exactly what they are if you want.
You will have to break off the weird tabs somehow. I suggest using a Dremel, for mine I just broke them off with pliers for now, my dremel is in storage so I'll have to clean up the edges later, a hacksaw would work as well.

Step 4

After you remove the tabs, mark holes for the bracket that will be bolted to the base. Then drill holes and bolt it to the base I used a 1/4 in drill bit. Repeat on other base bracket. Then mark holes for wing bracket, drill them, and mount both of those brackets to the wing.

step 5

Put the wing on the base. Find the angle you want, then mark holes to be drilled and drill two holes in each side of each of the brackets for both sets of brackets. Then bolt it together like this.. (don't mind the zip tie, needed to find another bolt ran out)

Finished just reinstall the assembly on the car. I plan on dremeling my edges smooth, and painting mine black, as well as getting some nice looking hardware.
Old 03-04-2017, 04:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: DIY Tilt Brackets CTR EK9 wing

Ahhh... I value your enthusiasm but why even bother? Considering that spoiler does absolutely nothing other than look cool, doing this completely negates that since now it looks half-assed.

Sorry bro, just keep stock and take off those brackets. Spend that energy in a different manner.
Old 03-04-2017, 05:14 PM
-Intl Steve Krew

Received 183 Likes on 161 Posts

just sayin

you made it really easy to steal.
Old 03-05-2017, 05:36 AM
Fish Twig

Received 309 Likes on 285 Posts

Have it installed yet?
Old 03-05-2017, 05:44 AM