Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Difficulty level - replacement questions

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2007, 07:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Difficulty level - replacement questions

Hey all -

Been searching through the archives, and found some related articles, but nothing really pertinent.

I have basic fixit skills, and at least a reasonable amount of intelligence. I have a 1997 Civic Del Sol, 5 speed manual. A/C fan went out a couple years ago, and I eventually replaced it. Due to the freon sitting in the compressor for an extended amount of time, the metal got brittle and pretty much exploded one day about a month after replacement.

Also, my door locks don't really work (They unlock, but if I try to lock from the outside, it just kind of turns on the driver side), and the window motors are starting to stick.

How hard is it to replace ac compressor/door locks/window motors? Also, I have a keyless entry with an alarm that I have lost the remotes to, how do I tell if it's aftermarket or not?

Thanks for all your help/responses!

John
Old 09-06-2007, 08:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (ls-tea)

Thanks for the help. I wasn't sure if the connections on the compressor had to be sealed in a particular way.

Also, if you notice the first line of my post, I did use the search feature for quite a while this morning. I found links for replacing the brake switch and a couple other things that I didn't post questions for, these I didn't find any links for that helped at all. Hence the post. What search term did you use for the locks?

John
Old 09-06-2007, 08:52 AM

Default Re: (Aodhan)

if h-t search doesnt work try google it seems alot of old deleted posts will still appear on google if you type it in. I personally cant use google because ill click on the url and it takes me somewhere else boo for **** viruses.