Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Differentiate between auto to standard swap and standard to standard swap - Need HELP please!

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2007, 09:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Differentiate between full auto to full standard swap and full standard to full standard swap - Need

Hey there guys, this site has helped me a lot and I just want to note how awesome and helpful all your posts are.

So my car is the 93 EJ2 (civic coupe DX) and it is an automatic; a swap is planned to take place next summer. The engine I will be getting for the swap is the B16A2 SIRII Second Gen. with the Hydraulic standard transmission. I have researched a lot and I mean a lot but there is not a lot of forums or topics that specifies the different procedures and techniques needed for an auto to standard swap, instead of a standard to standard swap where there is not much need to be done for the clutch and standard shifter as it was a standard car to begin with. More notably the conversion from an automatic shift link, wires, and the whole automatic shifter in the console to a standard one. I know all the parts will be provided in the full swap but I was wondering if you guys know any techniques or procedures to attach the standard shifter and everything needed for the shifter to work. Also, one other aspect of the auto to standard conversion is the clutch pedal installation; do you guys have any experience cutting that extra spot for the clutch pedal to fit in, what procedures and so on. Last but not least, my other questions is exactly how different will my stock auto transmission on my D15B7 will be from the new standard B16A2 transmission in terms of the dimensions and mounting. I am not too sure whether my auto car frame was designed different from the standard one, or is it the same? Most of these notions are still abstract for me as I have not had time to take a look under car and compare it to the engine that I don’t have yet. My topics here are pretty minor compared to the engine swap, wiring, and compatibility for everything but I am quite informed about most of the major technical stuff, but these minor things are still interesting and will come in handy. But please feel free to discuss about any other important and notible differences myself and others will need to know about an auto to standard conversion so we know what to expect I am sure that some fabrication will be needed for this conversion. Any help to further my clarification would be greatly appreciated! I hope this topic will flourish. Thanks!

Modified by 93EJ2 at 10:20 PM 12/14/2007

Modified by 93EJ2 at 10:21 PM 12/14/2007
Old 12-14-2007, 10:47 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

im in the process of swapping a b16a3 into my 99 civic automatic ex...its actually not that bad, you just need 99-00 si mounts, axles, shift linkage, pedal set, and ecu....but thats for an ek
Old 12-15-2007, 02:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (jasony0630)

its not that difficult, to answer a couple of questions for you.

the spot for the clutch pedal and master cylinder are already there, there is a plate bolted to the firewall to cover the hole.

to install your linkages you need to either weld in a plate or bolt one in (there is a way to do that too)

once you look at all the linkages you will know why.

as far as the transmission mount, on those models where the mount bolts to the frame is different from auto to manual. im not sure on how to go about fixing that. when we did a manual to auto swap (dont ask) we welded the correct mount on the frame.