Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

difference between EG, EK and DC seat rails

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2002, 03:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default difference between EG, EK and DC seat rails

can EG seat brackets bolt directly into EK or DC? and likewise, DC into EK or EG?

i'm specifically wondering about the floor pans, and the actual bolt location where the seats bolt to the floor, is that the same?
Old 07-30-2002, 06:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: difference between EG, EK and DC seat rails (DOHC-DX)

EG and DC are almost 100% same.
the bolt in the rear towards the parking brake is different lengths to go thru more bracket material.
otherwise the EG and DC are swappable.

EK is a different story. I think th efront two are the same as EG/DC but I havent looked at them but I can later today.... but I am sure someone else here knows the answer and knows it now.
Old 07-30-2002, 06:21 AM

Default Re: difference between EG, EK and DC seat rails (owen_the_soyboy)

i'm asking because i'm wondering if my racing seat bracket from my EG can be slightly modified to fit in an EK or DC. i'm selling it and i don't know what to tell ppl.
Old 07-30-2002, 07:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: difference between EG, EK and DC seat rails (owen_the_soyboy)

EG and DC are almost 100% same.
the bolt in the rear towards the parking brake is different lengths to go thru more bracket material.
otherwise the EG and DC are swappable.

EK is a different story. I think th efront two are the same as EG/DC but I havent looked at them but I can later today.... but I am sure someone else here knows the answer and knows it now.
here is my knowledge of fitting DC seats in my EK using the DC rails instead of swapping rails. Ek rails are different from EG and DC because of the rear two rails. the front 2 bolts i believe are the same on all 3 chasis, but the rear bolts differ between EK and EG/DC. in the EK, the left rear rail is flat same as the EG/DC but it's a little bit longer, so the bolts won't match up unless the rails are modified (cut). the right rear rail in the EK is bent down at an almost 90 degree angle whereas the EG/DC are flat. although this side can also be modified to fit by bending the rail down. hope that helps