Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Did 99-00 civics come with a door lock control box?

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2008, 08:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Did 99-00 civics come with a door lock control box?

As the title states, I have a guy I'm about to buy all power components off of and he says that 99-00 civics did not come with the power door lock control box. So 99-00 civics were made without the boxes and I don't need anything else to put OEM power locks in my car?
Old 08-29-2008, 09:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Did 99-00 civics come with a door lock control box? (alacard)

Anyone know this? I'm buying these parts and need to be sure.
Old 08-29-2008, 11:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

bump
Old 08-29-2008, 12:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

he could be right because my friend has a 96ex and he had purchased a control box and wanted to try it on my car (99si) to see if it worked and we couldnt find it. so im not 100% sure on it but could be true
Old 08-29-2008, 12:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Did 99-00 civics come with a door lock control box? (yessewey)

my 98 ex coupe has one...I had it all torn apart a few weeks ago fixing the window (it kept falling off the track) and I have one.

it was made in october 1997 if that makes a difference
Old 08-29-2008, 02:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Did 99-00 civics come with a door lock control box? (Jackie-O)

Yes, the 99-00 does have a power lock control module. It is NOT located in the drivers door like the 96-98's are. It is located behind the drivers side kick panel.
Old 08-29-2008, 11:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Did 99-00 civics come with a door lock control box? (Burnt Toast)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Burnt Toast &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Yes, the 99-00 does have a power lock control module. It is NOT located in the drivers door like the 96-98's are. It is located behind the drivers side kick panel.
</TD></TR></TABLE>
Yeah, see that's what I thought. Thanks for the clarification
Old 08-29-2008, 11:33 PM
HT White Ops

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Er...

Not so fast!

I bought a new HX in 2000, and it did NOT come with a power lock control module.

That is, it came with a factory alarm system, but no 'keyless door lock control unit' - and it was a PITA!

I had to lock the doors manually, then hit the remote to turn the alarm on, yada, yada.

Anyway, I got tired of this BS and asked the dealer about it. They said the module was an add-on, it costs $50 and takes 15-minutes to install, so I went ahead and had them do it.

Heh!

Still got the receipt around here somewhere, if you don't believe me. It's the only work I had done at the dealer, actually...
Old 08-31-2008, 01:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Did 99-00 civics come with a door lock control box? (BlackDeuceCoupe)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BlackDeuceCoupe &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Er...

Not so fast!

I bought a new HX in 2000, and it did NOT come with a power lock control module.

That is, it came with a factory alarm system, but no 'keyless door lock control unit' - and it was a PITA!

I had to lock the doors manually, then hit the remote to turn the alarm on, yada, yada.

Anyway, I got tired of this BS and asked the dealer about it. They said the module was an add-on, it costs $50 and takes 15-minutes to install, so I went ahead and had them do it.

Heh!

Still got the receipt around here somewhere, if you don't believe me. It's the only work I had done at the dealer, actually...
</TD></TR></TABLE>
I'm a little confused.. So in other words, it did not come factory on all 99-00 civics...but it is necessary in order for oem power locks to work, correct?
Old 08-31-2008, 12:25 PM
HT White Ops

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by alacard &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I'm a little confused.. So in other words, it did not come factory on all 99-00 civics...but it is necessary in order for oem power locks to work, correct?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Maybe we're talking apples n' oranges...

I couldn't figure out what you were asking in your original post, but when I saw a pic of a keyless entry module - I assumed that's what you were referring to...

All I'm saying is that my 2000 HX did NOT come with a keyless entry module - that was an add-on!

What it came with was: power windows, power mirrors, power door locks, and a factory alarm system with two (keyring style) remote controls.

When I would press the remote control, it would arm the alarm, disable the starter, and all that stuff - but it DID NOT lock/unlock the power door locks - I had to lock/unlock the doors using a key or manually, even though I had power door locks (which only worked using the button on the interior door panel) - and it was a major PITA.

Keyless operation required that a keyless entry module be added to the system, and this module cost me $50 (installed) at the dealership where I bought my 2000 HX (brand new, not used). I would have gladly paid twice that amount - that's how much it sucked NOT having keyless entry!!!

LoL!
Now, are we talking about the same thing or not?!?!?
Old 08-31-2008, 03:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Did 99-00 civics come with a door lock control box? (BlackDeuceCoupe)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BlackDeuceCoupe &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Maybe we're talking apples n' oranges...

I couldn't figure out what you were asking in your original post, but when I saw a pic of a keyless entry module - I assumed that's what you were referring to...

All I'm saying is that my 2000 HX did NOT come with a keyless entry module - that was an add-on!

What it came with was: power windows, power mirrors, power door locks, and a factory alarm system with two (keyring style) remote controls.

When I would press the remote control, it would arm the alarm, disable the starter, and all that stuff - but it DID NOT lock/unlock the power door locks - I had to lock/unlock the doors using a key or manually, even though I had power door locks (which only worked using the button on the interior door panel) - and it was a major PITA.

Keyless operation required that a keyless entry module be added to the system, and this module cost me $50 (installed) at the dealership where I bought my 2000 HX (brand new, not used). I would have gladly paid twice that amount - that's how much it sucked NOT having keyless entry!!!

LoL!
Now, are we talking about the same thing or not?!?!? </TD></TR></TABLE>
Haha, thanks for the clarification. We are, in fact, talking about different things. I own a civic that did not come with power locks. I plan to add power locks and am trying to figure out if I would need the power lock control box to complete the power setup.
Old 08-31-2008, 03:34 PM
HT White Ops

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by alacard &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Haha, thanks for the clarification. We are, in fact, talking about different things...</TD></TR></TABLE>

LoL! ~Cool

Sorry for the confusion...
Old 08-31-2008, 03:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BlackDeuceCoupe &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

LoL! ~Cool

Sorry for the confusion... </TD></TR></TABLE>
It's cool. Just trying to help me out.