Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

DelSol Owners.

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2003, 11:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DelSol Owners.

hey u guys im just wondering my friend has a Del Sol 95 i think and he always get bummed cause of it everybody says its a bitch car, do u ever get that ****, how do u guys deal with it cause he actuallyt went and got brass knucks even tho they're illigal in cali but rnt they vrywhere?
Old 01-09-2003, 11:43 PM
New User

Default Re: DelSol Owners. (98lxCIVIC)

some people go with that del slow ****...mainly on web boards and ****...no one really says anything to me in real life..i mean cmon, if your friend wants to whip someones *** for makin fun of his car, hes got other issues..theres a thread in members corner about del sols being girl cars..although the del sol vtec is the fastest USDM "civic" produced...go figure..
Old 01-09-2003, 11:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I just tell ppl "That's okay...let's race and see who the bitch is then." To tell you the truth, the people that talk about it being a girls car don't know anything about cars. All the Honda guys and most of the other guys say that they like it. Yeah, I said guys. I get **** for it, but it's all in good fun.
Old 01-10-2003, 04:43 AM

Default Re: DelSol Owners. (ntensehonda)

That's part of the appeal for me. It's amazing but there's a ton of people that don't know you could get a B16 in the sol. I took the DOHC VTEC sticker off the back and since I'm one of only a few around here that have the vtec model, nobody suspects it when I'm faster. It seems to really **** off Si owners. I've had a couple people giggle when they see the car if they think I can't hear/see them. When I tell them about the car, their eyes go a bit wide (this IS NC afterall).

Tell your buddy to get a H22 swap if he likes straight line or a B series swap if he likes to cut up curves and let people laugh while he walks them.
Old 01-10-2003, 06:33 AM

I do see a good amount of girls drivin sols but they all seem to be the lower models and hondamatics. Del sols are just fun to drive.
Old 01-10-2003, 07:16 AM

Default Re: DelSol Owners. (sleepysol)

I've heard the "girl car" thing for years on websites like this, but I've never had anyone say anything in person on the street or at shows. On the contrary, I probably got a compliment a day (or more) when I had mine. At gas stations, at stop lights, on the freeway, etc. All the time. I think that people who feel a person's sexuality is somehow influenced by the car they drive are somewhat ignorant. It's kinda sad.
Old 01-10-2003, 07:28 AM

Default Re: DelSol Owners. (Huffster)

regardless of what everyone said back when i was debating my CRX over the Del Sol, i got the Del Sol. Personally, it could use a bit of a facelift, but for 5200, i was happy to take the DOHC Vtec OEM! off that grandma's hands i'd say my honda is mostlikely the fastest ive seen in town.. meybe seccond to a prelude.... but i'd own him up on the corners and hills.. (bastard's got some whack body kit and sit's about .5 inches from the ground) Im happy with it. Just need a lip and some rim's and ill be happy.. i dont give a damn how gurly the car is or not... i just think theyre all jealous about the Targa top... the only other honda that's close is the S2k.. but that's fully convertable all the rest have a shady little moon roof. oh well. IT'S A FUN CAR...
Old 01-10-2003, 07:43 AM

truthfully i could care less when they say that stuff to me...all i know is that i get a **** load of numbers in the summer with mine. girls may say its cute but all they know is that its a targa and red, the simple basis for an average sports car. u cant beat the b16 stock in it, i havent ever had a complaint when i give people rides. plus my uncle works for honda and says that the prelude was made with a woman driver in mind. they just dont know what they are missing when they dont drive one.
Old 01-10-2003, 08:22 AM

Default Re: DelSol Owners. (delslow94)

CASE IN POINT! i had a 300Lb 6'4" Fat man in my passanger side that' used to riding in a bonaville... he fit with no problem and was plesantly surprized to the size of the interior and comfort. Past that, i just baught my car, so i cant wait to cruize in the summer for some chix
Old 01-10-2003, 09:20 AM
clm
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: DelSol Owners. (Huffster)

I've heard the "girl car" thing for years on websites like this, but I've never had anyone say anything in person on the street or at shows. On the contrary, I probably got a compliment a day (or more) when I had mine. At gas stations, at stop lights, on the freeway, etc. All the time. I think that people who feel a person's sexuality is somehow influenced by the car they drive are somewhat ignorant. It's kinda sad.
What he said.
Old 01-10-2003, 09:40 AM

I used to get that **** constantly, when i first got mine in high school. But when I'm out driving around on the street all I get is compliments on my sol. Alot of times older people will ask me what kinda car it is. the only reason I'd call it a girl car is because girls love riding in it. I love the car, It's the funnest car i have ever owned and nothing beats cruising sunset blvd. with top off.
Old 01-10-2003, 10:50 AM

Default Re: DelSol Owners. (Kail18)

when i am at the track all i get are good comments, especially when they ask whats under the hood then i show them its stocked with a b16a. i get the negative comments once in a while, mostly from friends, but i do sense there is some envy there. negative comments dont bother me, i brought the car to please me, not u.

wait until i install my jrsc, then i'll hear "wow, thats one fast girl car"- muhahhaha

[Modified by solRNY, 7:51 PM 1/10/2003]
Old 01-10-2003, 11:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: DelSol Owners. (solRNY)

no one gives me **** cuz they know i'll beat there ***

But seriously me and friend of mine have them, not a bad comment.
Old 01-10-2003, 11:08 AM

del sol's r nice, who cares if someone says there a "bitch car," your supposed to think on your own, and not care what others think any way. if he wants a different car, i will take the delsol. tell your friend calm down with that violent stuff. his car is a good car.
Old 01-10-2003, 01:34 PM

Default Re: DelSol Owners. (mooseknuckle)

only people who talk **** are pple online sitting at the safety of a keyboard and monitor. in real life everyone i meet seems to really like it and i get strangers compliments all the time. i got a compliment from a guy in those new little jags a coupla weeks ago. the boost doesnt hurt either
Old 01-10-2003, 02:59 PM

Default Re: DelSol Owners. (Pengo)

bitch car???? i sure do get lots of bitches with my del sol........tell ur friend to run over whoever disrespecting his car.......JK......
Old 01-10-2003, 03:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: DelSol Owners. (xaznxboixsirx)

I have to say the ladies do love them. People rag on me, but most of the time they have hooked up cavaliers that look like the eclipse from fast and the furious. muahahaha
Old 01-10-2003, 03:34 PM

Default Re: DelSol Owners. (Happyman)

I have friends who have fast Del Sols..

one has a built B20VTEC turbo that runs 11s.. and the other Sol has a fully built H22A!

NOONE talks **** about their cars..
Old 01-10-2003, 03:41 PM

Default Re: DelSol Owners. (PauLiE)

Lol, anyone who ever called it a bitch car to my face lost in a race. But you know, i think its really just a misunderstanding. The mean to say bitchin, or rather, that it gets the bitchs, cause hell, you show me another 2 seater targa with honda relibility even near the delsol price range. And hell, swapped, they can be some of the fastest.
Old 01-10-2003, 03:41 PM

Default Re: DelSol Owners. (PauLiE)

I'm not a Del Sol owner, but I'll tell you guys that I always wanted one...they're sports cars...whats so girlie about that? heh. Its like how people say miatas are chic cars...i personally dont love 'em, but they're nice cars...140 hp, rwd...with a 5-speed,...thats fast...so are Del Sols..
Old 01-10-2003, 03:55 PM

Default Re: DelSol Owners. (Heinz57)

ive driven alot of cars.. Jeep's, mini van's, Chevy's, fords, lincolns, oldsmobile's... and compaired to the one's ive driven, my car has more *****.. and if a car has *****.. how can it be a woman?
Old 01-10-2003, 05:37 PM
Del

Default Re: DelSol Owners. (turbomonkeyexpress)

noone says anything to me.. but then again they might be making jokes behind my back
Old 01-10-2003, 06:20 PM

TO all them haters out there. My supercharged Del Sol will whoop your ***! They say Del Sol's are girl cars, cause they fear us! And they are jealous, when we cruise with our tops off in the summer, and they are sweating their *** off, cause they took out the power steering! We got the comfort , the style! So all you haters stop crying!
Old 01-10-2003, 06:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

ive heard the term "girl's car" alot since i got the del sol.... and i had to admit..... it did look kind of girlie with that big millano red smile on its face...... 5 months later.... and a huge swap later...... i dont get that remark any more...... all i get is a "are all of them that fast stock?" or "how come my mustang couldn't catch up?" all i need is a agressive body kit........ and its a soldier of the satan's army.........
girls car....???? yeah.... well..... whatever guy.......
Old 01-10-2003, 07:17 PM

Default Re: DelSol Owners. (gumbii)

When the guys with SI's say it's a bitch car tell them the 8 on my tach is not red!

Quick Reply: DelSol Owners.