Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Del Sol from Portugal

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2013, 03:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Del Sol from Portugal

Hi everyone, i'm from portugal, i love Honda, specially crx, and even more particular the del sol....i'm the happy owner of a 93 crx del sol in captiva blue pearl with carbon\mirrors\door handles\spoiler wraped in carbon fiber by 3m.......
it's a esi model, the vti is better is more orgasmic and all that good points, but mine is more fuel frendly, make in every situation less consuption than the vti, and also mine have manual roof, so it means that i've more trunk space and less headeachs lol....
the roof is well mantained, it doesn't leak any drop and even during the wash well it leak during wash but that happens even when they were new, so i'm very prowd of my baby.......
it need to be painted, have some bits of rust, probably in the next month i'll take it to the painter
i've owned them for about 3 months, and i've only change the gear knoob, i put the itr replica. and this week probably i'll put them some rear speakers, probably jbl or sony, i don't need much noise cause the best music is my lovelly engine.......

well, now some pics.........

if this isn't the right place for put my apresentation i ask for the administration to move it for the right place......

by the way, there are some topics about improve the d16z6 performance??? i'm wondering about na preparation, and i don't need turbos or swaps, just make my esi gain some hp and make it more vivid well just need that someone tell me if there are some topics that answer to my question and if they are in this section....
Old 03-14-2013, 03:54 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: Del Sol from Portugal

D series motors aren't gaining power without turbo, that's just the simple fact of it.
Old 03-14-2013, 04:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

uhm, so what's my best choice??? for now put better exhaust manifold\exhaust line\itr final pipe. i've already a k&n air filter in the oem air filter box....it this simple mode i have a little gain in response?? i also looked for some cams, but that it's quite expensive....
so you're bet is swap??? idon't want to put a turbo in my del sol, i love the all motor preparations, but i also need my car for daily drive so i need to have a car that can manage hi response and low consumption, mine do that but the response it's for only 125hp so i can't expect the same power than a vti......

and if i go for the swap who's the best\faster\easiest\long term economical option of the followings: b16a2 from the civic eg6\eg9\del sol vti, the b18c6 from the edm itr, the b16b from the ek9, the f20c from the s2000.......the b18\b16b\f20 if i choose one of that i need to pick up a complete car from the uk cause it's cheaper to buy there a complete car and drive it to portugal than buy here the same engine, and there i don't have any b16b for sale...........and i've also need to find where i can be able to make the swap legal cause the honda portugal don't pass the declaration for the engine change......
thanks for the opinion... and by the way what do you think about my del sol??? it's quite a piece of beauty or not??? ahah i love my del sol
Old 03-14-2013, 04:17 AM
The Grumpiest

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Nothing. Swap the engine or turbocharge it. Otherwise put your money into other components.

Personally, I despise Del Sols.
Old 03-14-2013, 04:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

oh why???? here in portugal, and in europe in general we all love the del sol, and there we only have the d16z6 125hp esi and the b16a2\3 160hp vti, and both are very performant, well the b16 always be more powerfull than the d16 but when buying if we choose the d16 we have less trouble in medium term cause the d16 always are better than the b16, most of b16 owners push it to much make the engine shorts is life time......well about the exhaust line its a good choice or it'll make just more noise and the response stays the same????
i've to say that i do 70km daily, and some times more than 100, so i can't have my del sol drinking like a v8 chevvy for example, and here the gas are so fu***** expensive, the last fill up i did it cost 1,629€\liter on repsol, and i put the 95octane......
Old 03-14-2013, 04:32 AM
The Grumpiest

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Because it's not a CRX. Just my opinion but next to the Integra, Del Sols have the ugliest fronts ever put on a Honda. The Z6 is still not that powerful because it's just a D-series and the B16 is highly overrated-no torque. These are economy cars after all.