Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Del Sol Body Kit?

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2006, 12:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Del Sol Body Kit?

how hard are they to install and how much money should i set aside for getting it painted? looking for 4 peice (sideskirts, front and rear kit)
would greatly appriciate it if someone can point me in the right direction
Old 03-23-2006, 12:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Trust me on this, it looks better stock and it is a royal pain in the *** to get most kits to fit right unless you spend upwards of $1,000 on a good kit.
Old 03-23-2006, 05:11 PM

i saw lots of delsols with kits on them and i saw some kits for 300 + on ebay - they claim "easy fit" - plus someone rammed my front bumper and it looks real bad, i was thinking to go the body kit way
Old 03-23-2006, 05:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (ca_delsol)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ca_delsol &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i saw lots of delsols with kits on them and i saw some kits for 300 + on ebay - they claim "easy fit" - plus someone rammed my front bumper and it looks real bad, i was thinking to go the body kit way</TD></TR></TABLE>

They claim easy fit but most of the time thats bullshit. If you absolutely insist on having one, I would get it installed and painted by a professional body shop if I were you. Otherwise there is a real good chance it will come out looking like ****.
Old 03-23-2006, 05:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Yes, they're not lying to you, the kits are an "easy fit." They bolt on just fine, but that doesn't mean they fit CORRECTLY. You'll be spending more money on getting it to look right than you will buying the kit.

And after you do that, you'll smash it on the ground getting gas and snap the fiberglass right up the center. Don't waste your money, all they do is add weight and make the car look goudy, ESP the ebay ones.

But, if you must, then you're looking around $1000+ to buy the ebay kit, get it fitted, and painted.
Old 03-23-2006, 05:49 PM

body kits, esp for the del sol suck major ***, unless you know how to do bodywork anyways my bud had a del slo with a kit and the only thing that fit decent was odly the front bumper, i had to cut the skirts in half and add fiber glass to them and then rivet and fiberglass them to the body, the rear sucked the most, didnt fit for ****. i had to make custom brakcets to keep it from flexing soooo damn much, i again used rivets and fiberglassed it flush into the rear quaters for a smooth all around look. i sealed the entire car, primed it wetsanda lil bondo for a few dings and low spots in the fiberglass, another DA sanding and then finally paint. it took about 3-4 full weekends to get it ready to be painted, its really not worth your time or money unless you can pull it off..... here are some RICED PICS!!! NOT MY CAR!

love the macco quality masking job! but yea unless you have skills dont bother
Old 03-23-2006, 06:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (kiddcarbuff)

BLAAHH!
Old 03-23-2006, 06:01 PM

yea tell me about it, lol i got paid for doing the body work so i dont care!!!!
Old 03-23-2006, 06:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Del Sol Body Kit? (ca_delsol)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SovXietday &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Yes, they're not lying to you, the kits are an "easy fit." They bolt on just fine, but that doesn't mean they fit CORRECTLY. You'll be spending more money on getting it to look right than you will buying the kit.

And after you do that, you'll smash it on the ground getting gas and snap the fiberglass right up the center. Don't waste your money, all they do is add weight and make the car look goudy, ESP the ebay ones.

But, if you must, then you're looking around $1000+ to buy the ebay kit, get it fitted, and painted.</TD></TR></TABLE>

The reason why the ebay kits are offered to you at such a low price is quite simple. It's all about how the kit is molded. The cheap kits you see on ebay etc. are kits that have been made by the same mold as probably 13-15 other kits. This is a much cheaper method of manufacturing kits, however, the quality is far lower that way. When you buy a C-West/Vertex/Bomex kit, your body kit is made with a mold that has never been used, and the mold is destroyed after your kit is made, giving the kit excellent quality and fitment. If you are going to buy a body kit, buy one by a reputable company, you'll save yourself alot of headache, and maybe it won't be so god damn hideous
Old 03-23-2006, 06:41 PM
Two Piece

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

sick body kit
Old 03-23-2006, 06:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by kiddcarbuff &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">yea tell me about it, lol i got paid for doing the body work so i dont care!!!!</TD></TR></TABLE>
It's well fitted and cleanly done.

But it still looks ugly.
Old 03-23-2006, 06:50 PM

Default Re: (Go_Race_Your_Self)

buddy club body kit on a del sol. madd easy.sideskirts and back bumper molded on the car. quick and easy with body skills.

Old 03-23-2006, 07:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (200k mile sol)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 200k mile sol &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">buddy club body kit on a del sol. madd easy.sideskirts and back bumper molded on the car. quick and easy with body skills.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

I'm sorry but thats a bit too much for my tastes. IMO, that front bumper is ugly.
Old 03-23-2006, 07:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (Sh!ttyLS)

the bumper and black on the hood looks horrible..but the back bumper looks decent
Old 03-23-2006, 07:11 PM

Default Re: (usdmEFboy)

yea i know front bumpa is all fucked from the car being alot lower that what it is now. i have a new one in my closet. the body kit is commin off next month. gotta grind the bondo line and unbreak the mold put all oem on it. hten droppin a lip kit as well for it. ill keep a post for it when i start the work next month. new england weather sux.
Old 03-23-2006, 07:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

where i live, you honestly couldn't even go to the grocery store in that, all the main roads are ****. i take a beating in my truck , let a lone a low car.
Old 03-23-2006, 07:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

my mom has the invader front end on hers and would really like to go back to stock. the stock bumper is good =^-^=. i love my si lip
Old 03-23-2006, 07:13 PM

well now that i see how much of a pain a body kit can be... heres my new question... my front bumper is F'ed its all scratched up in one spot (drivers side) u can tel from the sides that its not sitting straight - should i just get a hood and bumper bra or is there a quick way to fix that huge scracth? its not like one line scrath its like the size of 3-4 baseballs
Old 03-23-2006, 07:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Bras are for women.

Deep scratches are generally in need of a respray. Is it a scratch in the paint? Or is it a busted bumper? If the bumper is busted, you'd be better off finding another one and putting it on your car. That can be had for a lot less than buying an entire body kit, and it will look better.
Old 03-23-2006, 07:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (SovXietday)

RICE OR RONI
Old 03-23-2006, 07:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (SovXietday)

no body kit its just a pain in the *** with rock chips and cracking

go stock
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Del Sol Body Kit? (ca_delsol)

There are very few body kits that look good on a delsol IMO.

Take it to a shop and get you car painted along with it to ensure color matching Polyurathane preferred. Trust me, even a mere 'bump' will make fiber glass look like ****. I'm actually in the process of going OEM bumpers w/lip.
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by kiddcarbuff &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">body kits, esp for the del sol suck major ***, unless you know how to do bodywork anyways my bud had a del slo with a kit and the only thing that fit decent was odly the front bumper, i had to cut the skirts in half and add fiber glass to them and then rivet and fiberglass them to the body, the rear sucked the most, didnt fit for ****. i had to make custom brakcets to keep it from flexing soooo damn much, i again used rivets and fiberglassed it flush into the rear quaters for a smooth all around look. i sealed the entire car, primed it wetsanda lil bondo for a few dings and low spots in the fiberglass, another DA sanding and then finally paint. it took about 3-4 full weekends to get it ready to be painted, its really not worth your time or money unless you can pull it off..... here are some RICED PICS!!! NOT MY CAR!

</TD></TR></TABLE>I think these sideskirts came on an German model of the Del Sol, or at least some sort of EDM model. Those skirts aren't so bad, but after having them on my car I like the stock USDM ones more.
Old 03-23-2006, 07:54 PM

Default Re: Del Sol Body Kit? (Orangedragone)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Orangedragone &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

There are very few body kits that look good on a delsol IMO.

Take it to a shop and get you car painted along with it to ensure color matching Polyurathane preferred. Trust me, even a mere 'bump' will make fiber glass look like ****. I'm actually in the process of going OEM bumpers w/lip. </TD></TR></TABLE>

GOOD IDEA
Old 03-23-2006, 07:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

go stock w/ greddy front lip ^__^

Quick Reply: Del Sol Body Kit?