Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

DC header, what cats will fit?

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2007, 12:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DC header, what cats will fit?

I have a DC sports header 4-2-1. Which cat converters will fit on my car? Its a d16y8, the chassis is a ej8 4dr 1996.

Will a GSR, or EG cat fit? do some models very in length? i know i need a 2.25 size ID. thanks!
Old 01-06-2007, 01:03 PM

Default Re: DC header, what cats will fit? (YoungKadafi)

get a omnipower one.. its ajustable in length and angle..
Old 01-06-2007, 02:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: DC header, what cats will fit? (gezzuzz)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by gezzuzz &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">get a omnipower one.. its ajustable in length and angle..</TD></TR></TABLE>

Unless your friends with al gore or a tree hugger in which case you would drive a honda insight LOL

Forget about cats and get your self the above a TEST pipe then think about getting you car tuned no matter weather your car is stock or Bolton’s your going to improve it a little oh and best of all you can turn off all them stupid sensors that Honda idiot think you need LOL
Old 01-06-2007, 02:43 PM

Default Re: DC header, what cats will fit? (richard7968)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by richard7968 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Unless your friends with al gore or a tree hugger in which case you would drive a honda insight LOL

Forget about cats and get your self the above a TEST pipe then think about getting you car tuned no matter weather your car is stock or Bolton’s your going to improve it a little oh and best of all you can turn off all them stupid sensors that Honda idiot think you need LOL
</TD></TR></TABLE>

i omnipower one is a test pipe dumb ***
Old 01-06-2007, 03:01 PM

How much? Got any pics? Would you post to UK?
Old 01-06-2007, 03:03 PM
been there done that

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: DC header, what cats will fit? (richard7968)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by richard7968 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Unless your friends with al gore or a tree hugger in which case you would drive a honda insight LOL

</TD></TR></TABLE>

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by gezzuzz &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

i omnipower one is a test pipe dumb ***</TD></TR></TABLE>

you're both dumbasses. recommending a test pipe for a d16y8 with bolt on's?
Old 01-06-2007, 03:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by gezzuzz &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

i omnipower one is a test pipe dumb ***</TD></TR></TABLE>

i know that were did i say in my post it was not i was agreeing with you retard

Old 01-06-2007, 03:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: DC header, what cats will fit? (doood)

here we go again more insults with out facts to back them up oh joy another hate post!
i am not going to get into the whole to be or not to be test pipe theory seen as people seem to get really defensive about them on this website lol my god

Modified by richard7968 at 4:30 PM 1/6/2007
Old 01-06-2007, 03:26 PM

i think its the use of non-proper english that gets people acting slutty. For one, I need something, and second, as long as it doesnt fuckn leak, im game. right now i have a leak which enables me to put my hazards on when i merging=0 power.
Old 01-06-2007, 03:31 PM
been there done that

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">here we go again more insults with out facts to back them up oh joy another hate post!
i am not going to get into the whole to be or not to be test pipe theory seen as people seem to get really defensive about them on this website lol my god </TD></TR></TABLE>

where are the facts to back up what you say?
Old 01-06-2007, 03:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (YoungKadafi)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by YoungKadafi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i think its the use of non-proper english that gets people acting slutty. For one, I need something, and second, as long as it doesnt fuckn leak, im game. right now i have a leak which enables me to put my hazards on when i merging=0 power.</TD></TR></TABLE>
He's british.......they're naturally long winded. IF you do, in fact, decide to buy a test pipe as opposed to an aftermarket catalytic converter or OEM converter, make sure you tune the car with the new test pipe or aftermarket cat. If you don't you will have issues like Kadafi above me there. It won't be as dramatic if its not leaking but you will actually lose power.

Let me explain briefly what richard was trying to explain last night. Lets pick a car: Honda Civic. It comes from the factory with a very restrictive OEM catalytic converter. It's computer is tuned with the catalytic converter in mind. If you take the cat OFF it WILL CHANGE the optimum performance of the car. NOW, if you TUNE the car on a DYNO once you remove the cat you can re-achieve the proper tuning for optimum performance.
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by doood &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

where are the facts to back up what you say?</TD></TR></TABLE>
If this thread gets out of hand it will be locked just like the last test pipe thread.

Edit: For the OP's question. You can go with a catalytic converter made for your honda's body style.
Here is an example: SECOND ONE DOWN: http://www.autopartswarehouse....d=396
Old 01-06-2007, 03:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (GTlvr82)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by GTlvr82 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
He's british.......they're naturally long winded. IF you do, in fact, decide to buy a test pipe as opposed to an aftermarket catalytic converter or OEM converter, make sure you tune the car with the new test pipe or aftermarket cat. If you don't you will have issues like Kadafi above me there. It won't be as dramatic if its not leaking but you will actually lose power.

Let me explain briefly what richard was trying to explain last night. Lets pick a car: Honda Civic. It comes from the factory with a very restrictive OEM catalytic converter. It's computer is tuned with the catalytic converter in mind. If you take the cat OFF it WILL CHANGE the optimum performance of the car. NOW, if you TUNE the car on a DYNO once you remove the cat you can re-achieve the proper tuning for optimum performance.

If this thread gets out of hand it will be locked just like the last test pipe thread.

Edit: For the OP's question. You can go with a catalytic converter made for your honda's body style.
Here is an example: SECOND ONE DOWN: http://www.autopartswarehouse....d=396</TD></TR></TABLE>

HEy as always man thanks for having my back in this swamp!

Always
Richard!
Old 01-06-2007, 03:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

My post above should be an example to all of you who flamed richard last night. He went to great lengths to try an explain himself, to no avail. You should help people on this site not bash. If you're going to try to correct someone do it like they're standing right in front of you, not over the internet. If I have to post the TOS in here so you guys get the picture I will. No I personally am not a moderator but a particular mod is watching over a certain poster in this thread due to last nights test pipe debauchery.
Old 01-06-2007, 03:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (richard7968)

http://www.performancepeddler.com/

have really good deals on hi-flow cats from car-sound! aka magnaflow
Old 01-06-2007, 04:01 PM

so another one of my threads destroyed, and which mod is watching over me? i would love to know.

and i dont think the OEM cat is that restrictive to the point of having to get it tuned.
Old 01-06-2007, 04:02 PM

Default Re: DC header, what cats will fit? (doood)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by doood &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
you're both dumbasses. recommending a test pipe for a d16y8 with bolt on's?</TD></TR></TABLE>

every one know when you change headers or a motor the header rarly line up right..

i was give this guy a option of getting one that will fit no matter what header he use.. and later on if he gets a different header or a different motor he can use this test pipe for it..

do you get why i suggested the omin power test pipe?

that other guy tried to start the whole test pipe vs rel cat thing
Old 01-06-2007, 04:03 PM
been there done that

every one know when you do a motor sway the headers rarly line up right..

i was give this guy a option of getting one that will fit no matter what header he use.. and later on if he gets a different header or a different motor he can use this test pipe for it..

that other guy tried to start the whole test pipe vs rel cat thing</TD></TR></TABLE>

i wasnt really talking to you...but whatever. it's a moot point now.
Old 01-06-2007, 04:26 PM

every one know when you change headers or a motor the header rarly line up right..

that other guy tried to start the whole test pipe vs rel cat thing</TD></TR></TABLE>

You are correct 100% honestly im depressed, and this is my 5th header now. Ive tried everything from OBX, Megan, DC sports, OEM and ebay. OEM fit the best, but still leaked. I then realised it was my Ebay Cat and Donut gasket.

So after 5 exhaust manifolds, 12 donut gaskets, and almost $600 worth of experiments, ive come to realise, i need an ajustible test pipe, just like gezzuzz told me. Geezuuzz has spoken to me, and im now a believer.

I really just wanna know what size pipe, for a DC sports ceramic header, 2.25, or 2.5? What size donut gasket, 2.25ID? thanks!!!!

Im just so short on cash, that im hesitant to get the pipe, because somebody is going to sell me an OEM 99-00 ex cat for 40 shipped. Will this bolt right up to the DC sports?
Old 01-06-2007, 04:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by YoungKadafi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

You are correct 100% honestly im depressed, and this is my 5th header now. Ive tried everything from OBX, Megan, DC sports, OEM and ebay. OEM fit the best, but still leaked. I then realised it was my Ebay Cat and Donut gasket.

So after 5 exhaust manifolds, 12 donut gaskets, and almost $600 worth of experiments, ive come to realise, i need an adjustable test pipe, just like gezzuzz told me. Geezuuzz has spoken to me, and im now a believer.

I really just wanna know what size pipe, for a DC sports ceramic header, 2.25, or 2.5? What size donut gasket, 2.25ID? thanks!!!!

I’m just so short on cash, that I’m hesitant to get the pipe, because somebody is going to sell me an OEM 99-00 ex cat for 40 shipped. Will this bolt right up to the DC sports?</TD></TR></TABLE>

i have a dc sports header with out any leaks WAY WAY back in the day I used to have a high flow cat lol

i had a direct fit car sound/magnaflow one with out any leaks or problems

http://www.performancepeddler.com/

Has some really good prices on direct fit cat converts for your car they also trade on ebay

As for your krippy cream doughnut i do not know were you got yours from but in the case of that gasket i would go with the OEM Honda one personal preference

Make sure you have the two sprung bolts and then the gasket for the other 3 bolt side

And you should be ok

Old 01-06-2007, 06:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by YoungKadafi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i dont think the OEM cat is that restrictive to the point of having to get it tuned. </TD></TR></TABLE>
I would actually like to see the air flow difference between a stock cat, aftermarket high flow, and a test pipe. I bet you its dramatic.
Old 01-06-2007, 06:36 PM

actually isnt there one done here for a D-series? i Agree the flow difference would be high, but the power difference was only 1-2 whp. Cant decide if I want better sound, or higher flow. And till feb 20th, i wont haev too much cash, so on a very tight budget.

anybody know the dimensions of the OEM 99-00 ex cat? is it something like 2.25Inlet and 2.25 outlet? not sure. Hoping its not 2" in and 2 out. that would solve this problem in a few seconds.
Old 01-06-2007, 06:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

The power difference untuned would only be 1-2 horsepower. But if you retune the engine to take advantage of the new airflow it might achieve more gains.
edit: the header you have for sale....is it the DX, CX model...or is the EX model?
Old 01-06-2007, 07:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by GTlvr82 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">The power difference untuned would only be 1-2 horsepower. But if you retune the engine to take advantage of the new airflow it might achieve more gains.
edit: the header you have for sale....is it the DX, CX model...or is the EX model?</TD></TR></TABLE>

When i saw it on the dyno always did and why wouldn’t it, If nothing else will help your top end were the engine needs to breath the most

AND

Sometimes if the engine likes it will allow you to run a little more aggressive timing and a/f map! While you’re at it might as well pull out a velocity stack and really make that engine open up!

OR could do like you did my friend and put the e-cut out in there or if you just do not give a f**k run open header LOL joke!

Old 01-06-2007, 07:38 PM

EX header, the 99-00 one so its double walled. I read a velocity stack hurts performance, the filter creates pressure which is a huge plus when your dealing with negative pressure (intake side) Thats why mugen and other high end companys still use the airbox. Plus my Xstream K&N filter already has a velocity stack
Old 01-06-2007, 07:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by YoungKadafi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">EX header, the 99-00 one so its double walled. I read a velocity stack hurts performance, the filter creates pressure which is a huge plus when your dealing with negative pressure (intake side) Thats why mugen and other high end companys still use the airbox. Plus my Xstream K&N filter already has a velocity stack</TD></TR></TABLE>

i have read into that before thanks for reminding me i new some how this would come up!

but seen as i do not have a STOCK header on my car AND once again if you read what my good friend was talking about TUNE TUNE TUNE

hear is the name of the game for anything when it comes to the car and please when i say anything do not take that out of context ok?

i am not trying to be aggressive hear or have an attitude just want you to know that ok?