Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

DAWT Damn, another wiretucking thread, how to tuck washerfluid line

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2006, 12:56 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default DAWT Damn, another wiretucking thread, how to tuck washerfluid line

I'm planning on doing a simple wiretuck on my EG foordoor soon.
All i'll be hiding are the harnasses for the headlights.
But I'd also like to relocate the hose for the windowwashers.
I searched some threads but it all I find are pics of people who seem to have completly removed the washerfluid bottle.
Not really an option where I live.

How do people solve this? just route it in to fender, next to the harnass?
Or is the reservior replace with a smaller, aftermarket reservoir and relocated?

Some help please.
Old 02-08-2006, 01:10 AM
* B A N N E D *

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: DAWT Damn, another wiretucking thread, how to tuck washerfluid line (zanthrax)

Why does everyone wanna hide their wires? I prefer my engine bay to look like....an engine BAY. Have ALL the wires easy to access so you can find and work on em. Who wants to spend 15 minutes filling up your windshield washer fluid?
Old 02-08-2006, 01:29 AM
HT Order of Merit

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: DAWT Damn, another wiretucking thread, how to tuck washerfluid line (Redline96LX)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Redline96LX &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Why does everyone wanna hide their wires? I prefer my engine bay to look like....an engine BAY. Have ALL the wires easy to access so you can find and work on em. Who wants to spend 15 minutes filling up your windshield washer fluid?</TD></TR></TABLE>

lol i do concur here.
Old 02-08-2006, 04:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Personally, I think it looks nice.. however, I prolly wouldnt do it, just because of the fact that I wouldn't want to backtrack myself if I ever ended up burning up a wire somehow.
Old 02-08-2006, 04:47 AM
cute little bastard

Default Re: DAWT Damn, another wiretucking thread, how to tuck washerfluid line (Redline96LX)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Redline96LX &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Why does everyone wanna hide their wires? I prefer my engine bay to look like....an engine BAY. Have ALL the wires easy to access so you can find and work on em. Who wants to spend 15 minutes filling up your windshield washer fluid?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Well the tank will still be in the same spot, he just doesn't want the line right there.

I think it looks nicer "without" wires. I stare at my bay everyday and just get disgusted with all the wires all over the place
Old 02-08-2006, 07:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: DAWT Damn, another wiretucking thread, how to tuck washerfluid line (zanthrax)

50+ pages here
https://honda-tech.com/zerothre...82454

looks like most of those guys remove the washer fluid canister though. I'd say try to run it inside the fender