Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

dash harness question

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2005, 08:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default dash harness question

are most 92-95 under dash harness's the same??? like 2/3/4 door and vtec and non vtec models??
like will a 95 SI harness work on a 93 LX

i dont have much experience with that shiznit
Old 03-23-2005, 01:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: dash harness question (Timmay)

up
Old 03-23-2005, 03:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

anyone?
Old 03-23-2005, 07:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

hmmmmm
Old 03-24-2005, 12:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

anyone?
Old 03-24-2005, 12:52 AM

anyone here know were I can find a civic vx in cali.
Old 03-24-2005, 12:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (need_a_car)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by need_a_car &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">anyone here know were I can find a civic vx in cali.</TD></TR></TABLE>

wtf????
Old 03-24-2005, 08:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

come on guru's
Old 03-24-2005, 09:02 AM

anyone here know were I can find a civic vx in cali.

What ya doin man?? WOW!!
Old 03-24-2005, 09:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

im no guru, but i know that the vtec harness has vtec wiring but i belive the plugs on the harness should be the same, so it should work, but dont quote me man, i havent delt that much with under dash harness either
Old 03-24-2005, 09:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: dash harness question (CRXified)

i dont think vtec makes a difference under the dash, i think it just the power options sutff, like windows, cruise etc.....
so im guessing i need a lx or a ex harness
Old 03-24-2005, 09:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by need_a_car &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">anyone here know were I can find a civic vx in cali.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

WTF!!!!

From what ive seen of other cars in the junk yard and the many 92-95 that ive had, all the under dash harness's are the same. im 99% sure.
Old 03-24-2005, 02:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (a1320honda)

i think that ex/lx would be different than dx/cx
Old 03-24-2005, 02:10 PM
I am a (Trial User) Army

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (Timmay)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Timmay &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i think that ex/lx would be different than dx/cx</TD></TR></TABLE>
I dont' know about that. Let's think about it. The only difference in the dash is the tachometer and it's plug and play to swap an ex/si cluster into a cx/dx because it has the blue wire for the tach. I'm <U>guessing</U> they are all the same.
Old 03-24-2005, 02:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (litterbox)

but the dash wiring goes to the doors which would be power for lx/ex and not for other like DX

i think im just gonna look for a LX harness being that its a LX
Old 03-24-2005, 02:23 PM
I am a (Trial User) Army

O, I thought the wires for the windows, doors, locks went to a different box above the fuse box. That's what happened with my JDM power windows. Those wires didn't even look like they were connected to the normal underdash harness. I have no idea really though, sorry.
Old 03-24-2005, 02:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (litterbox)

lol me either thats why im asking
Old 03-24-2005, 02:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: Why so you can pretend like youre interested, FL/OK

The doors are actually part of the floor harness and not the under dash harness, the floor harness clips into the under dash harness though. So possibly the under dash harness is the same as all other models. But of course the floor harness, which is what has all those wires for windows, mirrors, locks, is not the same in every model.
Old 03-24-2005, 05:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (INVALID)

they are all the same other than the power options like window and sunroof. My dx has no clock and had no tachometer and i got a ex cluster and a clock from an si and they both plugged in. the clock harness plug was there jus not being used since i had no clock so i think all harnesses are the same its just if you have the upgraded options or not.
Old 03-24-2005, 05:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (slotec)

i hope so, i dont want to get a new harness in and have it not work
Old 03-25-2005, 12:58 AM

nope they arent the same, neither is the harness that leads back to the fuel pump. neither is the main/underdash harness, neither is the engine harness. get my point, dude we both just got 4 doors and looks like we are <U>both</U> stuck on wiring!
Old 03-25-2005, 02:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (^CX_d16)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ^CX_d16 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">nope they arent the same, neither is the harness that leads back to the fuel pump. neither is the main/underdash harness, neither is the engine harness. get my point, dude we both just got 4 doors and looks like we are <U>both</U> stuck on wiring!</TD></TR></TABLE>

Ah yes! The wiring confusion starts. Well I know from experience that the floor harness is not the same from model to model (hatch and coupe are very different. There is extra wiring for the rear defrost and rear wiper and all other back end wiring (fuel pump, etc.)) As far as the dash harness goes they are also different. Don't forget that ECU, engine wiring, etc run through the back side of your dash and firewall. If you are talking about power option wiring in your dash then they can and cannot be different. CX I beleive does not come with pre-wired dash power options (I think only clock). DX is prewired for the clock and Tach (I think that CX is too and 92 Dx ECU is vtech ready). The floor wiring in Si is different than the DX and CX, but the Si harness can be added to the DX or CX and then you would have the power wiring then. Simply, the Si harness has more features than the lower models so more wires to run to power options. A lower model will have corrisponding wires that match up, just that the Si harness will have more wires so that you can run them to power options. But I think you can get the hang of how they are similar and different. Considering that you are dealing with an Si to Lx the floor harness would be different (LX has power locks, windows, side mirrors, etc.) And the Si only has power side mirrors. (this runs true for hatches, not sure on coupe and 4 door). The main problem is that the wire colors and patterns are all different on each model making it hard to put Si in Lx or Ex. My general rule of thumb when wiring between models is [CX DX, VX and Si and (Ex power options) can be interchanged, but hatchie, coupe and 4 door can and can't (depend on what you are wiring)] and [EX and Lx can be interchanged] It is really hard to explain it all. You need to narrow your question down a little bit by telling us what you are planning to do. Also, what model came from what and other details (4 door, hatch, etc.) PM me because I have done a lot of this and could really help you out if you refine your question and info a bit more. Hope this helps if not just PM me .
Old 03-25-2005, 04:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Bond)

its a 94 lx and some of the wiring to the heater and whatnot has been cut, so i was just going to replace most of the under dash wiring
Old 03-25-2005, 05:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

well the under dash harness for 92-95 civics are all the same just maybe some have more options eg.( u take a harness froma si you will have a plug for a sunroof but you are putting it into a cx then dont plug it in cause there is nothing to plug it into)
the wiring for windows are seperate
Old 03-25-2005, 12:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (jdmcivictyper)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jdmcivictyper &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">well the under dash harness for 92-95 civics are all the same just maybe some have more options eg.( u take a harness froma si you will have a plug for a sunroof but you are putting it into a cx then dont plug it in cause there is nothing to plug it into)
the wiring for windows are seperate
</TD></TR></TABLE>

He has the right idea. Since you have explained what exactly you ar doing then yes the are all the same as far as dash wiring goes, just like said above the Si will have sunroof connections and extra wiring like that. Just make sure that you know what wires control these options to aviod connecting them. If connected properly you should have no problem doing this and having it work. Good Luck

Quick Reply: dash harness question