Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

d15b7 swap auto to man trans.

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2009, 06:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default d15b7 swap auto to man trans.

Is there anything that needs to be changed when installing an engine that used to have an automatic tranny, into a car that has a manual ? Apart from the obvious, clutch etc. The only thing I can see is a blue 3 prong connector on the front of the engine, below the exhaust manifold, that on the older engine had a bolt and washer in the same place. Also the older engine had a map sensor with the applicable wiring harness, and the newer engine had no sensor . I changed the air intake housing from old engine to new to allow the sensor to be connected. I would appreciate any advice.

Last edited by go'in crazy; 08-11-2009 at 09:09 PM. Reason: to clarify question
Old 08-12-2009, 04:53 AM
Seagull Management

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts
Default Re: d15b7 swap auto to man trans.

Originally Posted by go'in crazy
Is there anything that needs to be changed when installing an engine that used to have an automatic tranny, into a car that has a manual ?
Not for that particular engine or most D and B-series engines for that matter.

The only thing I can see is a blue 3 prong connector on the front of the engine, below the exhaust manifold, that on the older engine had a bolt and washer in the same place.
Thats a block heater, they were optional equipement, they're nice to have if you happen to live in a cold climate.

Also the older engine had a map sensor with the applicable wiring harness, and the newer engine had no sensor . I changed the air intake housing from old engine to new to allow the sensor to be connected. I would appreciate any advice.
'92 - '93 D15B7s used a firwall mounted MAP sensor, '94 - '95 models used a throttlebody mounted MAP sensor, retain your original throttlebody and wiring harness and you will not have any issues.
Old 08-12-2009, 08:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: d15b7 swap auto to man trans.

Thanks for the info, it was very helpful and has cured some of my worries.