Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

D15B swap to H22. Help Needed.

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2006, 05:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default D15B swap to H22. Help Needed.

This is my first time doing a swap and i need some help in Swapping from a D15B to a H22. I need to get an idea on what I would need to accomplish this task successfully.
Where do I start?
Old 12-28-2006, 06:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: D15B swap to H22. Help Needed. (Drastik_H22_Rebirth)

You start by saving money and paying someone to do it.

For real though, if you are essentially clueless when it comes to this then you might be in trouble. I'll help you out though.

You need:

Mounts
H22 swap
Accord intermediate shaft
90-93 Integ axles
Accord fuel rail
Accord or prelude shifter cables and shift assembly
Injector resistor box from any Honda with peak and hold injectors (prelude's, 88-91 mpfi civic/crx, Pre-obd Integra's, etc.)
Dual core or full width rad (99-00 si, GSR etc)

You may want to do a suspension upgrade to better handle the additional front end weight and preserve handling. The brakes also should be addressed when you get more money. More weight+more speed=stock civic brakes overwhelmed.

For wiring, you need to use your cars current harness. You already have a D15b so your vtec wiring is in place. You will need to incorporate the injector resistor into your engine harness injector wiring. You'll need to add wiring for the Intake Air Bypass and for the Knock sensor.

Some things to think about before you put the motor in is doing a manual timing belt tensioner conversion to make your life easier in the future.

I have done alot of these swaps so, any questions pm me. I'll help you out if your serious about doing your swap.
Old 12-28-2006, 06:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

This is a joke.

» Search Results

Your search for H22 swap returned 968 results.

Just need the axles, engine, tranny, ECU, and the flux capacitor.

Aside from that, assuming your'e using a JDM D15b (which is VTEC) the VTEC is no problem.

Now lets talk about putting it in.

Unless you can custom fabricate mounts (which really isn't recommended as you'll find yourself going through a lot of axles), you have to buy some from hasport or (I think innovative makes them also) (H22 to EG mounts). Then it bolts right in. If you fab your own mounts you're probably gonna have to take some fat off the back of the block just so it doesn't smack the firewall each time u get on it.

On that side, you'll also probably have to relocate the prop valve so it doesn't get smashed to **** (just put it down more).

With that, it's almost cake from there. Tear your inner panels out so you can get to infront of your shifter (the metal piece) and start cutting, you need to cut the holes (or one big hole) so the cable linkage could fit through there (H22 uses a cable tranny opposed to a linkage).

Everything from there is normal ****, assuming OBD is the same and ****.

I'm not sure about what happens if you use an adapter plate (H2B) and throw on a B-series tranny - I don't THINK you have to cut out the piece, I think you can use a regular linkage...though I'm not sure...anybody care to correct me on this?

Either way the B series trannies are more stable IMO.

Also, you'll need to wire up a resistor box to make sure the voltage is equal on all injectors (which is a piece of cake, but needed).

Read, it doesn't seem like you're quite sure what you're getting into. It seems more like you have a stock POS motor (like me), and saw the H22 on hmotorsonline.com or some stupid **** like that, and saw its pricetag, and now you want one.

Read a lot, once you understand it it's pretty straight forward, but it really doesn't seem like you have the info nor the knowledge to do that (or any) swap.
Old 12-28-2006, 07:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh and be ready for axle HELL. I know I don't have the best mounts or axles but it can be very very tedious. GL
Old 12-28-2006, 07:33 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: D15B swap to H22. Help Needed. (RC000E)

YOu dont need a dual core radiator.
You dont need a resistor box if you get the Obd2 prelude injectors.
Im running my h22 civic like this and it runs great.

I believe he might mean he had a d15b7.
so you would need to add vtec.

Old 12-28-2006, 07:42 AM

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread/650329
Old 12-28-2006, 07:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: D15B swap to H22. Help Needed. (djsire)

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1754671

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=650329

this should be all you need. This was also my first swap, D15---> H22. its not that bad, unless your an ediot
Old 12-28-2006, 08:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: D15B swap to H22. Help Needed. (djsire)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by djsire &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">YOu dont need a dual core radiator.
You dont need a resistor box if you get the Obd2 prelude injectors.
Im running my h22 civic like this and it runs great.

I believe he might mean he had a d15b7.
so you would need to add vtec.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Stock rad is EASILY overwhelmed if you have some periods of hard driving in warm weather, but if your choppin every penny go without. That'd be a typical Honda-tech noob way of building the car. Bunch of dummy Honda engineers could've used a little 1.5 Civic rad in the H22 equipped cars..saved weight, money, space...bunch of idiots.

OBD2 H22 injectors definitely would work, but why when the OBD1 swap comes with injectors and you can get resistor boxes for chump change. Wiring the resistor box is a cakewalk...no point in not running the obd1 injectors.

Good call on the d15b7 though. His use of the capital B made a couple of us assume JDM D15B.
Old 12-28-2006, 12:08 PM

Default Re: D15B swap to H22. Help Needed. (RC000E)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RC000E &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Stock rad is EASILY overwhelmed if you have some periods of hard driving in warm weather, but if your choppin every penny go without. That'd be a typical Honda-tech noob way of building the car. Bunch of dummy Honda engineers could've used a little 1.5 Civic rad in the H22 equipped cars..saved weight, money, space...bunch of idiots.

OBD2 H22 injectors definitely would work, but why when the OBD1 swap comes with injectors and you can get resistor boxes for chump change. Wiring the resistor box is a cakewalk...no point in not running the obd1 injectors.

Good call on the d15b7 though. His use of the capital B made a couple of us assume JDM D15B.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Ive had my h22 in my civic scince spring.
it was a real hot summer especially without ac in the car.

And not once had it "overpowered" the radiator.
While racing or long drives.

Maybe if you live in texas or something i don't know?

as for the resistor box. hes a noob and its easier to just use injectors that plug and play. it was just an option if he dosent feel like dealing with the wiring.

O.p.
your gonna love your car when you get it done.
it will haul serious *** compared to what you had in there.