Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

d series all motor?

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2006, 03:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default d series all motor?

I was tring to find some information about what kind of hp/trq numbers people are getting by staying clean and n/a with the d series.. probably more pricey and wont get as much power as boost but I'd still like to see some setups
Old 10-19-2006, 03:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: d series all motor? (Sivic2000)

Blah..

We don't have an all motor forum for a reason, do we?

All Motor Dyno Thread

Or just go through the all motor forum looking at different builds...they're not all D series but you should be able to sift out what's not...

So in short, no your 16 year old *** cannot make your shitty D15b7 put down anymore than it's stock 90whp or whatever it is. Won't go much past 100 and it really won't see anything unless you really start doing internal work .

Get some spinners or rims, or drop your car or something in lieu...
Old 10-19-2006, 03:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: d series all motor? (Syndacate)

wtf, do you have to cut his nuts off because he asked a simple question?

hope youre being sarcastic.

anyways, ive never heard of an all motor D making more than 175, most people with D motors just do the basic stuff and leave it at that, the easiest way of making a D motor fast is by turbo, actually the easiest way to make any motor fast is by turbo
Old 10-19-2006, 04:11 AM

Default Re: d series all motor? (TunerShark)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TunerShark &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">wtf, do you have to cut his nuts off because he asked a simple question?

hope youre being sarcastic.

anyways, ive never heard of an all motor D making more than 175, most people with D motors just do the basic stuff and leave it at that, the easiest way of making a D motor fast is by turbo, actually the easiest way to make any motor fast is by turbo</TD></TR></TABLE>

there are quite a few people making decent power from n/a d series builds. smsp just made 140 whp with a mild build, and if i remember correctly builhatch made right @ 160 whp on a d build using mainly oem parts in the bottom end. the easiest way to go somewhat fast with a d series is the bottle, cheap and easy. also on a side note i think mistabone would differ on everyones opinion of the 1.5's. to the original poster just search a bit do some research and you can build a decent n/a d-series, just don't expect the typical bolt ons to do much for a stock sohc.
Old 10-19-2006, 10:55 AM

Default Re: d series all motor? (sohc_boy)

yeah i was thinking about getting a bottle, im afraid ill blow my motor though, im basically pretty much all stock except for an intake right now and exhuast/headers in a couple weeks(just got my car like a month ago) its not safe to run oxide on stock internals is it you think? i also plan on boosting around the holidays when i get my tax returns.

thanks
Old 10-19-2006, 10:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Syndacate &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Blah..

We don't have an all motor forum for a reason, do we?

All Motor Dyno Thread

Or just go through the all motor forum looking at different builds...they're not all D series but you should be able to sift out what's not...

So in short, no your 16 year old *** cannot make your shitty D15b7 put down anymore than it's stock 90whp or whatever it is. Won't go much past 100 and it really won't see anything unless you really start doing internal work .

Get some spinners or rims, or drop your car or something in lieu...</TD></TR></TABLE>

Is there really a need to be such a *****! he asked about a NA d series at least give him a naswer about it not just rip on him cause hes 16. im 17 im doing a D15B7 with a Y8 head turbo. im going to run the vitara setup. if you really want to make fun of someone make fun of me cause i dont really care cause i know your a ******* idiot
Old 10-19-2006, 11:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

kkk chill everyone. all motor d-series. is costly and not so much bang for the buck deal. turbo is best bang for buck but back to your question the most you'll see out of a d15b7 (this is a guestimate) about 110whp. and youll spend alot of money doing that(atleast 1500) what i recommend in your particular case. swap that for like a d15b and youll gain about 60hp for i think around $500. then start from there. thats just my oppinion. there are people with all d motors but its alot of money and alot of people will tell u its not worth all the hassle and money for the little power u do get. i have also heard that a high hp d-series will run a bit rough.
Old 10-19-2006, 11:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

All motor D-series is not for beginner, or the lazy, or for those who want to be the fastest.

You can have 130-140 whp for relatively cheap if you build it yourself.

Proven example......A6 block, y8 head, cam, tuning...of course I,H,E.

My plans....this week

A6 block
PM3 (d15b7 pistons)
LS rods, ARP bolts
D16y7 head, 2-layer hg
272 regrind
DIY ITB's
Old 10-19-2006, 11:30 AM

Default Re: (big-cat)

eric whats your AIM?

mines the same as my username, add me
Old 10-20-2006, 03:55 AM

Default Re: (thehatchninja)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by thehatchninja &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">All motor D-series is not for beginner, or the lazy, or for those who want to be the fastest.

My plans....this week

A6 block
PM3 (d15b7 pistons)
LS rods, ARP bolts
D16y7 head, 2-layer hg
272 regrind
DIY ITB's</TD></TR></TABLE>

keep us posted on this build, been looking at possible combo's for my y7. i already have a z6 intake manny, 95 si tranny, and a yet to be installed gude cam, i was thinking p29's with what i have.
Old 10-20-2006, 05:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Syndacate &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">So in short, no your 16 year old *** cannot make your shitty D15b7</TD></TR></TABLE>

lol I'm not 16 or do I have a d15 so stfu..

@thehatchninja what kinda of throttles are you using for the your DIY setup? I'd like to see some pics when you get it together!
Old 10-20-2006, 05:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (thehatchninja)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by thehatchninja &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">All motor D-series is not for beginner, or the lazy, or for those who want to be the fastest.

My plans....this week

A6 block
PM3 (d15b7 pistons)
LS rods, ARP bolts
D16y7 head, 2-layer hg
272 regrind
DIY ITB's</TD></TR></TABLE>

He probably said it best. I almost feel bad for some of the people in here. There's a different between "cut his nuts off" and telling him the ******* truth. If he doesn't like it, that's not my problem.

So I'll stick with my original point, if you wanna know what NA D builds are making, look through the all motor forum, I wanted to know that at one point...and I posted in the all motor forum... So sorry if you really have a D16 instead of a D15 and are 17 instead of 16. It's definately the small differences that make life so great. In the meanwhile, if you actually knew anything (like you claim to know) you wouldn't be asking this question...and there's really no counter to that no matter how bad you want to "bash" me. So no you can't make decent power w/o dropping the $$, some people that are really good naturally aspired builders do, that's their deal, if you want to do that, read a lot.
Old 10-20-2006, 06:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Syndacate)

well judging your age by your profile, when I was 16 you where 12.. if you knew anything before you would have made an assumption you would have seen this.

I searched all the boards, I searched the all-motor forum.. I found NO information except that the stock valve springs are supposively good up to 8k rpm

And who said I wanted to make alot of power.. thats what my 350sbc is for.. I also did not claim to know anything when I posted in this thread.. there you go agian making wrong assumptions. So if you dont have any info on a d series setup, Syndacate. Dont waste your time tring to make me look dumb on the internet.
Old 10-20-2006, 06:20 AM
Go Tigers!

Received 45 Likes on 33 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Syndacate &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">He probably said it best. I almost feel bad for some of the people in here. There's a different between "cut his nuts off" and telling him the ******* truth. If he doesn't like it, that's not my problem.

So I'll stick with my original point, if you wanna know what NA D builds are making, look through the all motor forum, I wanted to know that at one point...and I posted in the all motor forum... So sorry if you really have a D16 instead of a D15 and are 17 instead of 16. It's definately the small differences that make life so great. In the meanwhile, if you actually knew anything (like you claim to know) you wouldn't be asking this question...and there's really no counter to that no matter how bad you want to "bash" me. So no you can't make decent power w/o dropping the $$, some people that are really good naturally aspired builders do, that's their deal, if you want to do that, read a lot. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Dude, you need to chill with your posts. It's not like you're some huge experienced engine builder here.
Old 10-20-2006, 06:20 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Syndacate &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">He probably said it best. I almost feel bad for some of the people in here. There's a different between "cut his nuts off" and telling him the ******* truth. If he doesn't like it, that's not my problem.

So I'll stick with my original point, if you wanna know what NA D builds are making, look through the all motor forum, I wanted to know that at one point...and I posted in the all motor forum... So sorry if you really have a D16 instead of a D15 and are 17 instead of 16. It's definately the small differences that make life so great. In the meanwhile, if you actually knew anything (like you claim to know) you wouldn't be asking this question...and there's really no counter to that no matter how bad you want to "bash" me. So no you can't make decent power w/o dropping the $$, some people that are really good naturally aspired builders do, that's their deal, if you want to do that, read a lot. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Dude, you're a dumb ******* idiot. You spout off information that you've read on here like you know WTF is going on.

OP: I'd reccomend a cheap junkyard turbo setup. You can put one together for under 1000 & make decent power. On 15lbs with a tiny snail I went 13.7. It has awesome low-end because the turbo is so small. On the highways I can hit the gas at 3 grand & I'll build about 10-12lbs of boost almost instaneously.
Old 10-20-2006, 06:21 AM

Default Re: (Sivic2000)

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1409008

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1493370

just did a search took about 30 sec's, not bustin on you but its not hard to find.
Old 10-20-2006, 06:23 AM
Go Tigers!

Received 45 Likes on 33 Posts

if you guys are going to bust this guys *** for this thread, then I better see you busting everyone elses *** that's posting worthless **** in the EG/EK forum.

If I had it my way tons of these threads would be locked and deleted.
Old 10-20-2006, 06:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Everyones Hero)

Being that my car is a daily driver Id like to have a little extra accelaration for freeway driving, but I dont want to sacrifice reliablity on a turbo setup. It would be my first setup, and I'd probably get HP hungry by turning up the boost then I'd blow something up
Old 10-20-2006, 06:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (sohc_boy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sohc_boy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1409008

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1493370

just did a search took about 30 sec's, not bustin on you but its not hard to find.</TD></TR></TABLE>

good threads thanks.. maybe your key word seletion is better than mine
Old 10-20-2006, 06:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

yeah i agree with bense theres noob questions asked everyday from people like me and others just recommend they use the search button and then help them
Old 10-20-2006, 06:33 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Sivic2000 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Being that my car is a daily driver Id like to have a little extra accelaration for freeway driving, but I dont want to sacrifice reliablity on a turbo setup. It would be my first setup, and I'd probably get HP hungry by turning up the boost then I'd blow something up </TD></TR></TABLE>

lol. Only problem I had was head lift, which was an easy fix. I did get a hole in my radiator which costs me my stock motor, but other than that I ran 7lbs for 6 months with no issues & 15lbs for a little longer than that with a half-assed tune & I did more than alright.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Bense &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">if you guys are going to bust this guys *** for this thread, then I better see you busting everyone elses *** that's posting worthless **** in the EG/EK forum.

If I had it my way tons of these threads would be locked and deleted. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Half the time I don't bother coming in here. If you want meaningful conversation you're better off trying to find it in GDD.
Old 10-20-2006, 06:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

the archived content option owns me.. where is the option to search both??

Anyway.. I still haven't thrown out the idea of boost, I suppose if I found the right parts I'd go turbo, just keeping the options open
Old 10-20-2006, 06:48 AM

Well, if you don't want to go broke then don't go boost.

I have my crappy setup, then I built a new motor to take more abuse, now I'm waiting on the funds to get a new setup.

If I could just stay where I'm at as far as power goes I'd be golden, but it's such an addicting feeling. It really is like a drug. You get a little bit, you like it, so you try a little more. You try a little more and you really start to like it, so you want a little more. Eventually you're like a crackhead and no matter how much power you're making it isn't enough.
Old 10-20-2006, 06:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

lol yeah I have horse power anonymous meetings every week.. keeps me outta speeding tickets
Old 10-20-2006, 08:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I need to join that group also, to keep me from speed tickets LOL

Anyways i have a D16Z6 and im workin on a NA build inspite of what everyone says about it being a waste of time

So far I have CAI, 4-2-1 header, high flow cat, 2.25 in cat-back, 8.6lb flywheel, stage 3 clutch, and short shifter.

In the future i plan on light weight pulleys, cam (not sure which one, need to research), hondata and tune. Possibly mess with compression ratio and add a little nos.

Im shootin for 125-135 whp with out the bottle and close to 155 whp with the bottle, that would be about a 55 whp increase over stock

Quick Reply: d series all motor?