Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

cx civic a/c

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2009, 12:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cx civic a/c

i want to put a/c in my cx civic and need someone to tell me EVERYTHING I need.
do i need to change the wire harness ?

thanks
Old 07-30-2009, 01:48 PM

Default Re: cx civic a/c

well you will need to get a hold of like an ex not engine harness but an accesory harness i think is what you call it it will have plugs for your a/c condensor and compressor you need all the hard lines, a compressor with a mount that mounts to the engine block, a condensor and you may need a different heater core im not to sure whats under the dash because i have always had a/c in my car but thats some of the stuff you need
Old 07-30-2009, 02:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I will look under the dash. I'm not new to honda's but I'm new to putting a/c into the cx lol. i know the main things i need. also my harness has plugs that arn't connected to anything so I;m thinking its for the a/c. and it already has the bracket on the block. i will post up pictures of what i have but i would like someone to make a list of what i need so i can just start searching for the stuff.thanks.
Old 07-30-2009, 02:16 PM

take a picture of the firewall to see if there are any fittings that you can connect your hard lines to, i just put a/c back into my car because i ripped it out like 3 years ago and finally put it back in, i know about the a/c in these things what year is the civic? you might need a conversion kit becasue they do not make r-12 frion anymore so you would need a kit that converts to r-134a which you get get from like a shucks/oreilly/checkers
or napa whatever parts store you have near you
Old 07-30-2009, 03:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

its a 94 civic hatch. there is nothing under the battery.that's where the lines go to.(or under dash). i also don't have the a/c button on my dash board.so do i get a new one ?
Old 07-31-2009, 11:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

HT noob checking in. I added a/c to my '93 DX hatch two summers ago. First thing you should do is save and print all of the install instructions at Majestic Honda's site:

http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/.../17204_01.html

I also recommend: 1) using brand new o-rings at every connection, coated with ester oil, 2) using a brand new Honda OEM receiver/drier (the first one I got from NAPA had slightly different threading, and it leaked even though it fit perfectly), 3) replacing the expansion valve inside the evaporator, since it will never be easier to do than while you've got the evaporator out of the vehicle. Also, make sure the inside of the evaporator is nice and clean before you install it! Mine had plenty of dirt, grime, leaves, and even bird feathers!

I took photos of my install, and you might find them helpful along with the official install instructions linked above. Here's my album:

http://s20.photobucket.com/albums/b2...ic/AC_install/

Hopefully this info helps you out. Good luck with your a/c upgrade!