Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Customer got car jacked at gun point@street races.... parts found and thief caught!

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2005, 04:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Customer got car jacked at gun point@street races.... parts found and thief caught!

Dunno where to post this so I will post it here.

One of my customer was car jacked at gun point at the Compton street races. They found the car 2 weeks later and it's all stripped basically a shell.

Today 2 guys came in to the shop to get parts and want to get their car worked on. So I told one of the mechanics to go help them. Few minutes the mechanic came in with a scared look on his face and told me that the parts looks like the ones that one of our customer had and he did not want to go on a test drive with these guys fearing that they are the ones that did the car jacking. The mechanic noticed the parts because there was parts on the car that were very distinct. It turns out the car that just showed up has all the parts from the car that was car jacked!

I called the customer that got car jacked ( luckily he works 5 minutes from the shop) he showed up and said all those parts are his and even identified one of the guys that pointed the gun at him when they car jacked him.
The crooks try driving off but his car has one of those temporary paper registration like the ones you get when you buy a car from the dealer. So some one from the shop grab that and kept it.

So the crook begin to drive away and notice that his paper is missing and came back in to the shop at this time we are all scared don't know what they are going to do so one mechanic took the handle off the full size floorjack ready to use as a weapon. At this point I was just praying the crooks dont have any guns or knife on them.

We refused to give the paper back to them so they head back to the car
and drove away for a block that when the cops finally showed up and since the car did not have a plate they gave the cop a reason to pull them over.

The cop searched the car and found receipts that belong to the customer in the thief's car along with other personal items, they even found my customer's dog license paper in the car so it pretty much pinpoint that they had the stolen car at one time.

Also the CHP ran the numbers on the number on the motor and turns out the motor was from the car that was car car jacked!

Old 04-04-2005, 05:02 PM

Default Re: Customer got car jacked at gun point@street races.... parts found and thief caught! (volkdlr)

good job laying the smack down on the thieves
Old 04-04-2005, 05:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

lol that story is funny but confusing!
Old 04-04-2005, 05:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Customer got car jacked at gun point@street races.... parts found and thief caught! (volkdlr)

good ****...******* thieves
Old 04-04-2005, 05:23 PM
Boba Connoisseur

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Customer got car jacked at gun point@street races.... parts found and thief caught! (eJone power

glad you caught 'em.

**** thieves.
Old 04-04-2005, 05:26 PM

Default Re: Customer got car jacked at gun point@street races.... parts found and thief caught! (eJone power

now that's customer service
Old 04-04-2005, 05:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

But the only bad thing is that the thieves now know where your business/work is and might come back. Thats the only thing being a good samiritan. Good job though. But be on your toes because if they aren't afraid of jacking at gun point who know what they will do when they get out.
Old 04-05-2005, 05:12 AM
Imperious: Mod of Valor

Good ending to a bad story.
Old 04-05-2005, 05:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Customer got car jacked at gun point@street races.... parts found and thief caught! (JDM-EJ1)

christ man... ppl are ballsy. i mean, is a car really worth dieing for? think about it, the crooks might have had guns, but who knows what the driver has in his lap.... and what his state of mind is, or mentality about his/her car.

for theives, go buy your own ****

i'm glad to hear a story on here about theft with a "happy" ending.
Old 04-05-2005, 05:21 AM

Default Re: Customer got car jacked at gun point@street races.... parts found and thief caught! (JDM-EJ1)

Great job!
Old 04-05-2005, 06:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Sounds like you run a "good shop"!
Old 04-05-2005, 06:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

THT WHAT I CALL GOOD Customer SERVICE
Old 04-05-2005, 06:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

That's insane - nothing dumber than a dumb thief
Old 04-05-2005, 06:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

good story.
we need more stories like this in this forum
Old 04-06-2005, 04:01 PM

Default Re: (igo4bmx)

Update:
Turns out the 2 guys that came into the shop that I worked at were brothers. The older brother told the cops that the younger brother and his friend were the onces that did the car jacking.

He also told the cop where the shop was that did the motor swap and stuff.

So the cop showed up to the chop shop they found my customer's car doors, seats and interiors there along with all their fingerprints all over the stuff!
Old 04-06-2005, 04:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (volkdlr)

great story, wish this happens everyday
Old 04-06-2005, 04:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Let us know the punishment these guys recieve.
Old 04-06-2005, 04:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (9 3 d e l s o l)

Damn, i surprised the car they were driving wasnt stolen. Good Job though, just be careful, you never what the other outcome could have been. And if i were you i would keep tabs on those guys, seeing that once they get out the may seek revenge on your shop and your employees. So just be careful. But Ne who good job.
Old 04-06-2005, 04:17 PM
TSPeed Factory

Default Re: (sohcvtec1995)

karma owned them.
Old 04-06-2005, 04:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by squirrel &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">now that's customer service </TD></TR></TABLE>

Sounds like you guy's run a good business. Good on ya for sticking up for whats right! To many shaddy people these days .
Old 04-06-2005, 05:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by squirrel &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">now that's customer service </TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 04-06-2005, 05:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

car jacked a gun point. I don't think it happens all to often here in Oklahoma I make sure I don't go anywere with out somethin with me. For safety ' I don't Leave home with out it"
Old 04-06-2005, 05:56 PM

so was this an actual shop, what was the name of it, you know so people in the area can stay away from it
Old 04-06-2005, 06:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

good story, buncha dum asses tho, what luck and coincidence!

i think 96 teck meant the name of the chop shop, not your business!
Old 04-06-2005, 07:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Please provide a detailed description of these individuals for my criminal profile
What kind of ***-wipe did this?

Quick Reply: Customer got car jacked at gun point@street races.... parts found and thief caught!