Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

CTR rear lip + Exhaust?

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2004, 09:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CTR rear lip + Exhaust?

How hard is it gonna be to fit the muffler under the rear lip of my ek with ctr lip? I mean right now its almost touching the stock muffler. I know it will depend on the exhaust system i choose, but what have any of you guys/gals rockin' the ctr rear lip done? Got any pics? Thanks!
Old 08-20-2004, 09:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: CTR rear lip + Exhaust? (DANgerous)

Damn, if it's almost touching the stock muffler then more than likely any aftermarket exhaust will touch and melt the lip, one of the only exhausts i've seen clear the lip is ES oval. Sorry i have no pics
Old 08-20-2004, 09:50 AM

Default Re: CTR rear lip + Exhaust? (VSM2000)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by VSM2000 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Damn, if it's almost touching the stock muffler then more than likely any aftermarket exhaust will touch and melt the lip, one of the only exhausts i've seen clear the lip is ES oval. Sorry i have no pics </TD></TR></TABLE>

That's funny....cuz that's the exhaust i was thinking of going with. So i guess i should ask does anyone have any pics of an ek hatch with ctr lip and es oval exhaust?
Old 08-20-2004, 09:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: CTR rear lip + Exhaust? (VSM2000)

we did a CTR lip on a 99 hatch, with 5 zigen catback it did rub a bit. you can always modify the hangers or whatnot
Old 08-20-2004, 10:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: CTR rear lip + Exhaust? (Timmay)

my APEX'i N1 burned the **** out of my ctr lip.. now i have to shave the lip.. damn
Old 08-20-2004, 08:52 PM

Default Re: CTR rear lip + Exhaust? (redlinetuning)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by redlinetuning &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">my APEX'i N1 burned the **** out of my ctr lip.. now i have to shave the lip.. damn</TD></TR></TABLE>

You got a pic?
Old 08-20-2004, 09:53 PM

Default Re: CTR rear lip + Exhaust? (Timmay)

Yes, all you have to do is modify the hangers and you'll be fine... just take it to any reputable muffler shop, and they should be able to do it for a few bucks. I have a Greddy Evo exhaust and everyone knows that those mufflers are pretty much mounted to be a half an inch right under the bumper. Right before I put on my CTR lip, I had the guy at the muffler shop drop my exhaust 3/4 of an inch (cause that's how much lower the lip made it in the back), and he did a little bending and cutting and rewelding of longer hangers.

The only thing you'd have to worry about using this method is the exhaust piping hitting the LCA or swaybar... in my case it didn't matter though.
Old 08-20-2004, 10:32 PM

Default Re: CTR rear lip + Exhaust? (selasornayr)

on my si my exaust is rubbing my sway bar and it annoys the hell outta me.. Sqeak Squeak squeak.. I have a ITR one here to install but thats even bigger so im not installing it till i figure out what to do.
Old 08-21-2004, 06:43 AM

Default Re: CTR rear lip + Exhaust? (SiKid86)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SiKid86 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">on my si my exaust is rubbing my sway bar and it annoys the hell outta me.. Sqeak Squeak squeak.. I have a ITR one here to install but thats even bigger so im not installing it till i figure out what to do.</TD></TR></TABLE>

That sucks man...let us know what you do.
Old 08-21-2004, 07:02 AM

Default Re: CTR rear lip + Exhaust? (SiKid86)

Depending on how bad it hits your swaybar, maybe you can put something on your exhaust pipe so that when it hits the swaybar, it doesn't make as much noise. I've never done this myself, but a couple days ago, I was running searches on this message boards on the subject of lower tie bars, and I saw a picture of some guy that put something on his exhaust... it looked like "peel and seal" from home depot. That's the stuff that they use for roofing (and some people use it as a cheaper alternative to dynamat). Since it's for roofing, it's supposed to be able to handle higher temperatures (don't know how high though).

So yeah, I've never done this or seen this in person, but it's just a thought...
Old 08-21-2004, 07:09 AM
New User

If your talking about the FAKE CTR piece of **** knock off lip who cares, if it's the real OEM lip then you will have issues with an exhaust melting it down. I personally kept my stock exhaust to prevent my lip from that happening.
Old 08-21-2004, 08:13 PM

Default Re: (Tokyo_X-treme_Racer)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Tokyo_X-treme_Racer &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">If your talking about the FAKE CTR piece of **** knock off lip who cares, if it's the real OEM lip then you will have issues with an exhaust melting it down. I personally kept my stock exhaust to prevent my lip from that happening.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I care...haha...even though its fake, i don't wanting it looking any shitier &lt;----is that a word?...then it already is.
Old 08-22-2004, 05:18 PM

Default Re: (Tokyo_X-treme_Racer)

good for you... but not everyone can find a real OEM lip like that these days, so the easiest thing to do is buy that "FAKE CTR piece of **** knock off lip" with their hard earned money... just because it's fake doesn't mean you shouldn't take care of your investment
Old 08-22-2004, 05:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (selasornayr)

i had to bend my rear section brackets DOWN to get the muffles fit decent under the CTR lip... good luck
Old 08-22-2004, 05:37 PM

Default Re: (selasornayr)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by selasornayr &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">good for you... but not everyone can find a real OEM lip like that these days, so the easiest thing to do is buy that "FAKE CTR piece of **** knock off lip" with their hard earned money... just because it's fake doesn't mean you shouldn't take care of your investment</TD></TR></TABLE>

I think you misuderstood. I do have a fake CTR rear lip. I do want to take care of it too...even though its a fake.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by slambedcivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i had to bend my rear section brackets DOWN to get the muffles fit decent under the CTR lip... good luck</TD></TR></TABLE>

What exhaust system do you have?
Old 08-22-2004, 05:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (DANgerous)

its a ractive axle back
Old 08-22-2004, 07:54 PM

Default Re: (DANgerous)

no DANgerous, I wasn't replying to you, I was replying to Tokyo_X-treme_Racer
Old 08-22-2004, 08:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

If you're worried about burning, stick something inside the rubber hangers and secure that with zip ties. The drop will depend on the length of the object that you insert, so you'll have to do some rough measuring. A lot of people have done this, including myself, and it works fine. I used teflon spacers, but others have also used such things as pieces of cut up PVC piping. Worked great for me for the two years I had it like that. I had the spacers cut so that my N1 dropped about another inch or two.
Old 08-23-2004, 01:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: CTR rear lip + Exhaust? (Daniel)

I HAVE A 96 MIDORI HATCH WITH CTR BACK LIP AND AN APEXI EXAUST AND THEY TOUCH BUT ITS NEVER MELTED IT JUST LEFT A FOGGY SPOT ON MY EXAUST BUT YOU CANT EVEN SEE IT I HAVE PICS WILL PSOT TOMMOROW OR SOMETHING
Old 08-23-2004, 10:28 AM

Default Re: CTR rear lip + Exhaust? (boosted96midorihatch)

^
cool man
Old 08-23-2004, 06:45 PM

Ok i've decided i'm probably gonna go with es oval or magnaflow oval with custom 2.25 or 2.5 inch piping. How much do you think it should cost for this? What should i look for ask for, for the custom piping install? Should i be worried about crush bend or mandral bend? Sorry if i got the terms wrong. How about the piping too? Is that a good size? Most likely the only future mods i plan on doing are a mini-me, intake, and a few other EX goodies. Thanks!