Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

crazy idle after boosti ng

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2008, 07:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default crazy idle after boosti ng

first off, for reference, heres my setup:

d16z6 (150 compression across the board)
greddy turbo kit (15g)
motorola 2.5bar map sensor
walbro 255 pump
rc 370cc injectors
greddy type-s bov
phearable.net ecu

recently replaced:
tb gasket
injector gaskets
fpr gasket

now to the problem:

my car will run perfectly normal all day if i never boost. if i boost a little (~2-3psi) and dont redline it, it will run fine all day. but if I actually get on it (redlining) it will go haywire and idle at like 2-3000 rpm, and wont go down till it sits for a while. not throwing any cel's. i tried the iacv test (plugging holes w/ finger inside the tb) and neither makes a differance. anyone have any ideas? i was having this problem before i got the ecu (when i was running fmu and stock inj) and it would do it when it would throw the map code. now that i have a proper ecu and motorola map, it still does it, but doesnt throw a map code anymore. any help??
Old 06-25-2008, 12:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: crazy idle after boosti ng (Powered By Garrett)

150 across isn't very good i dont think, but they're all equal so thats good... start by spraying the **** out of your IACV with carb cleaner just to be sure, and clean your FITV, and make sure that the piece in the bottom after you open it up is tightened all the way down... from there i'd do a leakdown... it sounds kinda like a head gasket issue or head stud stretching... do you have a high compression HG and Head studs? and how much boost are you pushing when you encounter these problems??

Old 06-25-2008, 06:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member