Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

crashed a vdub meet today

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2002, 06:23 PM
Future Texas Boy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default crashed a vdub meet today

It was pretty funny. I went with a buddy who has a really fast S4 and a few other doods. They actually laughed and pointed as I rolled in haha. What a bunch of a-holes. When I throw dyno days and what not I love it when other types of vehicles show up..it`s really interesting. These guys thought there **** didn`t stink and were 100% narrow minded. What`s sad is I could probably take 95% of them . "Big" motor is going in tomorrow and rest assured that I will be at there next meet

German rice was pretty funny, too hhahahah

Ryan
Old 07-27-2002, 06:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: crashed a vdub meet today (vtecvoodoo)

They won't be laughing after you open a sixer of whoop-***
Old 07-27-2002, 07:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

So what "big motor" is going in what Ryan? Your CRX or something else?
Old 07-27-2002, 07:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

It was pretty funny. I went with a buddy who has a really fast S4 and a few other doods. They actually laughed and pointed as I rolled in haha. What a bunch of a-holes. When I throw dyno days and what not I love it when other types of vehicles show up..it`s really interesting. These guys thought there **** didn`t stink and were 100% narrow minded. What`s sad is I could probably take 95% of them . "Big" motor is going in tomorrow and rest assured that I will be at there next meet

German rice was pretty funny, too hhahahah

Ryan
thats messed what a bunch of jerks

[Modified by cxSOHChatch, 4:44 AM 7/28/2002]
Old 07-27-2002, 07:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

They actually laughed and pointed as I rolled in haha.
Why did they laugh??? Because you were rollin Honda? Some people just don't know.
Old 07-27-2002, 08:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: crashed a vdub meet today (97hb)

I get that a lot, there is a parts store owner who a buddy of mine hangs out with, I get things cheap and usually no shipping. He Owns the VW hangout. (mostly water cooled) They like to pick on me. truth be known I have gave a few of them a run for the money. I also explain to them a 1.8t VW smudging out a 1.6 Honda is not all that great of victory for "German enginering" When I get home and get my clutch/tranny swapped out they will bow!
I respect each individuals likes on makes. They all have unique adavantages. VW happen to be built very string , Hondas or light, Toyotas take boost well. Point is. I think they should respect, mnost of the Honda guys in town seem to accept the 25,000 VW's and even invite thier challenges.
If you are ever crashing a DUB Meet in South Ga North Fla IM me and I will follow.
ANYBODY

Madhatch
Old 07-27-2002, 08:33 PM

Default Re: crashed a vdub meet today (madhatch)

yea two of my boys went down to this local vw shop, one with an old GTI and the other in his lude. VW guys there go all riled up and **** when that honda rolled in. seems that when they're hanging out in packs with something in common they think they're all better than everything else out there. there are mad pple i kno with v-dubs and mad VW's that look and run good, but there will always be haters in some shape or form....
Old 07-27-2002, 10:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: crashed a vdub meet today (Pengo)

hey ryan wat vdub meet was it? i've met some cool vdub people and some plain ********...its the ******** that make all the other vdub guys look stupid. we used to have some vwvortex guys come to our beach meets and some are really cool people, while others were just plain asses they said and i quote "if we wanted to see hondas, we would go to a honda dealer"
Old 07-27-2002, 10:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i used to roll w/ the VW scene, they always hated on jap cars. however the Renner guys in socal i've always known to be cool peeps
Old 07-27-2002, 10:18 PM
New User

Default Re: crashed a vdub meet today (sinister)

im a vw owner, i still love japanese cars, [thats why im on this board], and most of my friends respect japanese cars that actually are worth it, unlike our fellow ricer brethren.

but i do know some dubbers that wont give a honda the time or day no matter what kind of power the car produces or clean it is.
i guess its just a natural bias that they wont get over.

most of my friends enjoy seeing a nice clean japanese car with some good power, and not a fart can exhaust. like u guys.
Old 07-28-2002, 04:10 AM

Default Re: crashed a vdub meet today (Sucka Free)

i had this one guy at work with a vr6 talking smack about my honda. my friend asked him if he wanted to race and he was like " are you ******* joking, you want me to spank that piece of **** honda...blah blah blah". needless to say, i killed him in my turbo ls hatch. so all you gotta do is put them in their place and earn their respect.
Old 07-28-2002, 04:53 AM
DSC

Fu*k them. They can lick my sweaty nut sack.

"Ignorance is bliss..."
S4=badass.
Old 07-28-2002, 07:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 71 Likes on 52 Posts

I was at a vdub meet yesterday too. While the majority of them are cool dudes and all (the biggest dick at the show was some shcmuck with a type r with the cl headlight swap in a combat bumber) They ALL get weirded out when you tell them you drive a honda. Like you were hitting on them and forgot to tell them you were a dude. It's funny too i just read about an interview with one of the senior guys at neusepeed and even he was busting on VW guys as being haters. they don't care if something is faster or better built they care if Hitler had any part in it.

******* DUB ****'S
Old 07-28-2002, 08:03 AM
New User

Default Re: crashed a vdub meet today (NonovUrbizniz)

you guys are killin me here.
Old 07-28-2002, 08:56 AM

Default Re: crashed a vdub meet today (DSC)

[QUOTE]Fu*k them. They can lick my sweaty nut sack.

Word.. People who look down at "other" cars can get the big SACK in their mouths"...
Old 07-28-2002, 11:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: crashed a vdub meet today (00MRSi)

Some auto enthusiasts are just a-holes to others with different makes. I drive an Si and I meet up sometimes with people from the celica boards at meets. They give me credit when due and don't bash on me cuz I drive a Honda instead of a Toyota.
Old 07-28-2002, 11:26 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: crashed a vdub meet today ([VTEC]TL)

Since when the f*ck are VWs so cool? I mean **** of course you can make them fast but they are no Supra or RX-7.
Old 07-28-2002, 11:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: crashed a vdub meet today (GetawayinMoscow)

I thought veedub guys were cool; guess not. The Club 4AG guys are pretty cool though. They like to see some clean hatches at their meets.
Old 07-28-2002, 11:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: crashed a vdub meet today (GetawayinMoscow)

Since when the f*ck are VWs so cool? I mean **** of course you can make them fast but they are no Supra or RX-7.
VW's are very cool...looking, IMO. it's just been my experience that VW's break more often than not. but in response, i believe German styling is second to none, IE: BMW, MBZ, Porsche, Audi, VW, these are the automakers who define the trends you buy next year, so yes, VW's are very coool
Old 07-28-2002, 12:31 PM

Default Re: crashed a vdub meet today (sinister)

Dam you Ryan, You go to a VW meet and you dont call ME! I use to drive a "new" type of VW. I went to all the shows and what not. One of the main reason I got out of it was the people. VW people are just dicks when it comes to Hondas, or any Jap. car for that matter. Since I started working on hondas, and got my civic I noticed that the people in the hobby are alot nicer than those in the VW world.

(but thats just water-cooled VW's. Still got love for air-cooled VW's. Dont get me wrong my 57 oval will be running soon)
Old 07-28-2002, 02:07 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: crashed a vdub meet today (Dr.Kimball)

Haha, thats awesome. The guys from vwvortex have alot of meets in my area, they usually even meet every friday only a mile from my house at a car show that we have during the summer. Maybe I will go crash their meet next time, hehe.
Old 07-28-2002, 02:08 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default OMG you've heard of Renner...

My friend used to roll with them,and I used to hang out with them. Funniest bunch of hooligans ever.

[Modified by f1-fan, 3:09 PM 7/28/2002]
Old 07-28-2002, 02:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Gotta whatch the Vdub crowd there HARDCORE...
Old 07-28-2002, 03:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: crashed a vdub meet today (NonovUrbizniz)

they don't care if something is faster or better built they care if Hitler had any part in it.

******* DUB ****'S
lmao!!
Old 07-28-2002, 03:54 PM
Future Texas Boy

Default Re: crashed a vdub meet today (stuckatworksi)

I like the jetta/gti 1.8t guys the best. Fwd, just like a honda, but they weigh 3000lbs haha. I pulled up at a light next to three of them (jetta/gti) on the way to the meet and not a single one even looked over, but when I pulled into the parking lot it was another story. Wonder why?

The S4 guys are met were really nice. One even tracked an EG on the weekends w/ NASA.

Anyways, a few friends have purchased vdubs so I`ll probably crash another meet. It`s something to do on a Saturday and I enjoy learning about other makes/models. I will remember how I was treated though and laying the smackdown on a vdub will always be a guilty pleasure from now on

Ryan

[Modified by vtecvoodoo, 12:55 AM 7/29/2002]

Quick Reply: crashed a vdub meet today